ROH to be represented in AAA trios tournament

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
They also announced a second major show, called the Torneo Internacional de Lucha Libre, a trios tournament on 5/23, which will have three teams from Mexico, two from the U.S. (One of which was said to be from Ring of Honor), one from Japan, and one or two other international teams. Mysterio & Alberto & Myzteziz were announced as the AAA team. There will probably be a heel AAA team, and there will also be a legends team from Mexico. The show will be sponsored by Victoria Beer, and they also announced sponsorships with Everlast, Comex and Volaris.

-Da Meltzer.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
The ROH team is just pure speculation, Alberto pitched idea to ROH management and that's about it. Somehow I doubt we see ROH, they can easily find 3 US guys from Lucha Underground.

Stopspot

Reaction score
The ROH team is just pure speculation, Alberto pitched idea to ROH management and that's about it. Somehow I doubt we see ROH, they can easily find 3 US guys from Lucha Underground.
Apparently Del rio confirmed it at the AAA presser.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Nope, Alberto said what I just said, more or less. He pitched the idea, let's see if the Bill Wattsesque minds from ROH take it, keep in mind there are ROH/NJ shows in May too.

Stopspot

Reaction score
There's supposed to be two US teams right?
Don't see a reason why ROH couldn't send a couple of guys down to Mexcio that won't be used that the NJPW. Seems like a fair deal for having El Patron put over Lethal.