ROH Revolution USA & Canada

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Dearborn, MI- “ROH Revolution: USA†May 6th

Main Event- Kings Vs. Wolves II
The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli) with Shane Hagadorn vs. The American Wolves (ROH World Champion Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards)

No-Disqualification Match
El Generico vs. Roderick Strong with Truth Martini

First Blood Match
Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. The All Night Express (Kenny King and Rhett Titus)

Also scheduled to appear:
- World Tag Team Champions Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas)
- World TV Champion Christopher Daniels with Truth Martini
- Michael Elgin with Truth Martini
- Adam Cole
- Kyle O’Reilly
- Steve Corino
- Colt Cabana
- “The Prodigy†Mike Bennett

Toronto, Ontario- “ROH Revolution: Canada†May 7th

ROH World Title Match
Eddie Edwards defends vs. Chris Hero with Shane Hagadorn

World Tag Team Title Match
Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin) defend vs. Jay and Mark Briscoe

“Big Bang!†Rematch
Davey Richards vs. Kenny King

In Memory Of “Sweet & Sour†Larry Sweeney
Colt Cabana vs. Delirious

Scheduled to appear:
- World TV Champion Christopher Daniels with Truth Martini
- Claudio Castagnoli with Shane Hagadorn
- El Generico
- Rhett Titus
- Michael Elgin with Truth Martini
- Adam Cole
- Kyle O’Reilly
- Steve Corino
- “The Prodigy†Mike Bennett

ROH putting on another two back to back shows and as always there are some great matches booked on the card.

What stands out to me as always is the great tag team matches that are booked. I am a huge tag team wrestling fan and it is brilliant seeing a wrestling company taking tag team wrestling seriously.

Edwards vs Hero is going to be a great match and I like how ROH don't just stick with the same guys in the title scene, they mix it up regularly.​

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Have to say there are great a lot of rematches there, so maybe they have not mixed it up enough. But the focus on the tag scene is a very good thing. And the Chris Hero/Edwards match should be a cracking match, I also like them having a rematch between WGTT and the Briscoe Brothers as it is a chance to build on their feud which is only just getting going.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I just looked at ROH's website HERE and they have tickets for the Dearborn show that start from only $10! I didn't realise that the prices were so cheap. Great value for the quality of show ROH put on.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Ok well then I'm going for sure. That's only about 45 minutes to an hour from my job and I get off work at 2 that day so I am definitely going.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Updated Card for Tomorrow.

A special meet and greet autograph session with Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benajmin and Charlie Haas) will take place prior to the event from 7:00-8:00 PM.

Main Event- Kings Vs. Wolves II
The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli) with Shane Hagadorn vs. The American Wolves (ROH World Champion Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards)

No-Disqualification Match
El Generico vs. Roderick Strong with Truth Martini

First Blood Match
Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. The All Night Express (Kenny King and Rhett Titus)

Non Title Special Challenge Match
World Tag Team Champions Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas vs. Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly

Grudge Match
Christopher Daniels with Truth Martini vs. Colt Cabana

“Honor Takes Center Stage” Rematch
Homicide vs. Tommaso Ciampa with The Embassy

Singles Action
“The Prodigy” Mike Bennett vs. Grizzly Redwood

Singles Action
Michael Elgin with Truth Martini vs. Andy “Right Leg” Ridge

Steve Corino will address the ROH fans

This show is freaking stacked, I can't believe I am going to this. Anyone Else's thoughts?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am jealous that you are going to go see that show live.

The card is stacked top to bottom and really that is a PPV quality card. Be sure to let us know what the event and experience was like.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I am jealous that you are going to go see that show live.

The card is stacked top to bottom and really that is a PPV quality card. Be sure to let us know what the event and experience was like.

Look at the bolded statement above. Could not have been more true.

I am going to double post here. Results below from another website (www.wrestlingnewsarena.com) that uploaded them and then my thoughts in another post.

Pre-Show
A. T-D defeated JEFF BROOKS via a head kick

Main Card

~ The show opens with a ten-bell salute to the late LARRY SWEENEY.

~ Attendance is estimated between 500-550.

1. TOMMASO CIAMPA defeated HOMICIDE via a shot from PRINCE NANA‘s loaded crown

After the match, BARRISTER R.D. EVANS hit Homicide with a chair, but Homicide shook off the glancing blow. Evans pushed ERNESTO OSIRIS into Homicide, who delivered a Cop Killa

2. MICHAEL ELGIN defeated ANDY RIDGE via a twisting powerbomb

~ STEVE CORINO hits the ring for his granted interview segment. He talks about his recovery as well as CHRISTOPHER DANIELS‘ decision to join THE HOUSE OF TRUTH. Corino says he has a sponsor now, a returning face to Ring of Honor. With that, he is interrupted by MIKE BENNETT

Corino tells Bennett to drop “BRUTAL” BOB EVANS as his trainer. They jaw-jack on the microphone with Bennett proclaiming that he’ll push Corino “off the wagon”. That leads to GRIZZLY REDWOOD hitting the ring

3. MIKE BENNETT defeated GRIZZLY REDWOOD via a piledriver

4. MARK & JAY BRISCOE defeated THE ALL-NIGHT EXPRESS (KENNY KING & RHETT TITUS) in a First Blood Match when PAUL TURNER saw Rhett bleeding. However, he failed to notice Mark’s own bloodloss before calling for the bell. Mark was “crazy gushing…nasty!”.

These two teams will meet on May 21st at “Supercard of Honor VI” in a Chicago Street Fight!

Intermission Time

5. HARLEM & LANCE BRAVADO defeated N8 MATTSON & RIK MATRIX

6. CHRISTOPHER DANIELS defeated COLT CABANA via the Angels Wings when TRUTH MARTINI hit Cabana in the back of the head after a missed Flying stinkymouth attempt

7. ROH World Tag Team Champions SHELTON BENJAMIN & CHARLIE HAAS defeated KYLE O’REILLY & ADAM COLE in a non-title match via the Paydirt on O’Reilly. Said to be a “really good bout” and one where “Cole & O’Reilly hang with the big teams again”

8. RODERICK STRONG defeated EL GENERICO in a No Disqualification Match via a backbreaker-style move from the 2nd rope through a table. The House of Truth interfered throughout, leading to “great nearfalls”.

9. THE KINGS OF WRESTLING (CHRIS HERO & CLAUDIO CASTAGNOLI) defeated THE AMERICAN WOLVES (DAVEY RICHARDS & EDDIE EDWARDS) via Hero hitting a Roaring Elbow to Edwards in the back of the head. Moments before, Richards had accidentally kneed Edwards and then paired off with Claudio. Described as “fantastic”, “nearly flawless” and “just so good”

After the match, Edwards told Richards that they’re brothers, but Edwards isn’t Davey’s “little brother” and can handle himself. Richards had no response as Edwards left.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
My thoughts. Keep them short and simple unless others want to inquire because I don't see a lot of activity here. Match by Match

Ciampa-Homicide was used to the get the crowd going because of Homicide being a big name. Match was decent enough but used mostly to get The Embassy over.

Elgin-Ridge wasn't bad. Elgin is a serious power wrestler, could see Vince giving him a developmental deal.

Corino promo was great they don't really explain it here but the guy he was teasing was Kevin Steen. Bennett gets more heel heat.

Bennett-Redwood match wasn't much.

First Blood match was excellent. I don't understand why the ref kept trying to stop chairshots making this the first non no DQ First Blood match i think I've ever seen. Finish set up really well for the Supercard of Honor match.

The Bravado's got some serious heel heat for being "smurfs" fan's chants not mine.

Daniels-Cabana was excellent. Daniels cut a very solid heel promo before the match about the Ring On Honor TV belt being held up because they aren't on TV but he will keep wearing it because he is.

This is where the show got PPV quality. All three of these matches could have headlined a PPV.

WGTT vs O'Reilly and Cole was outstanding. A lot of mat wrestling as well as striking. Keeps proving Kyle and Adam have a big future if they stay together. All four stood in the ring and raised each others hands afterward in a great show of respect. Didn't think any other match would live up to this.

Strong vs Generico was overall match of the night for me. A lot of spots with Chairs and Tables because of the No DQ stip. Generico was mad over and Truth got a lot of heat, even more than before because this was his 3rd time out. Strong wrestled his normal all around style and Generico added some sick spots. Hell of a match. About 40 near falls but about 20 that really could have ended it.

Kings-Wolves was Match of the night from in ring standpoint only. This match was very strong style and if you love Japanese Wrestling this was for you. Hero had some of the stiffest kicks I've ever seen. Ending made sense to continue angle but the fans were totally eating this match up. When you have 4 of the best in the world in there you should though. Definitely delivered despite my huge expectations.

Nice heel tease at the end for Edwards in a feud between these two.

Overall thoughts

Most over
Generico
Wolves
WGTT

Most Heat
Truth
Hagadorn
Strong

Most impressive (that I wasn't necessarily expecting)
Kenny King and Michael Elgin. Elgin is a very good big man. He really knows how to use his strength and has a good repertoire for a bigger man.

Maybe it is just me but I think Kenny King could be the future of this company. He impressed the living hell out of me tonight. The man is very crisp on all his moves even when high flying. I could see a lot done with this guy.

Overall amazing show my only disappointment was the advertised meet and great with Benjamin and Haas because the autographs were $10 each and they didn't allow pictures. So lets say I didn't participate. That disappointment went away though because Cornette had a booth next to them and he was signing for free and taking pictures with everyone, mine below.

Cornette.jpg

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Thanks for the review Scott, you said short and sweet but you went into some great detail.

I am glad to hear that the tag team matches were great. Tag team wrestling is badly represented in WWE and TNA so finally a company which takes tag team wrestling seriously. It is good that Generico is back strong in ROH he is such a vital part of ROH and a great wrestler. Reading about Daniels great heel promo work here, and great matches obviously, makes me wonder why TNA don't use him in a better role.

That is awesome that you were able to meet Jim Cornette and that he was so willing to sign and have photos taken.

I might have to see about buying this event when it is released on DVD because it sounds well worth the money.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yes and I am very jeaulous of you getting to meet the legend that is James E. Cornette! How awesome, glad you had a good time.