ROH - Joe vs. Punk I

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Stephanie Mcmahon....The Beginning of the end

Its been reported, that vince is grooming steph to take over in a while. Does anyone really think Steph is capable of carrying the WWE in the future? She is certainly no vince mcmahon, and i dont think anyone would be able to really follow in his footsteps. My question is your opinon on Steph, and would you want to see take over the company.

Personally i think Steph will turn the wwe into a joke, and before they know it, it will be too late. You always have to go back to your roots and the WWE doesnt seem to want to do that anymore. The stars they created in the early 90s and mid 90's are now fading as the money hunger giant, known as the wwe is running out of options. They WWE needs more help backstage. They need Dusty rhodes, They Need Eric Bischoff, They Need Paul Heyman. Politics is becoming a major problem, as more and more "Superstars" are put in the doghouse.

I dont think the wwe will shut down anytime soon, but i feel the product in 10 years or so will become so watered down that fans turn to other avenues. There will always be interest in sports entertainment, i just feel they won't be a monopoly, and more like a MTV like wrestling program. More celebs, More music performances, and guest.

Promotions like TNA and ROH, need to step up now. The WWE is bruised, and they need to strike while the iron is hot.

Another problem with the WWE is the "development terriority" I feel its needed, but at the same time, they put a vetern, over wrestler in Colt Cobana in OVW, and he is better than that. He will probably be more popular than half the wwe's roster in his first 2 months of being on tv.

With ROH breeding all the stars, why would real wrestlers want to go sports entertainment. The wwe will continue to get "muscle heads" who get suspended for steriods, and immature guys in their 20's

Will the wwe have a chance to go back to their roots? Can the Super Jaugernaut be destroyed? Or will it self destruct. Or will the wwe, be like the Nba or NHL?

Dont get me wrong, i think the wwe was real good in 06, but i see a few flaws, that could hurt them long term. Especially with someone with a "soap opera" mind like steph in charge. Personally i think HHH or Shane would be better picks. At least HHH went throught he struggle. He knows the business inside out. Just because he isnt blood, doesnt mean he's not the best choice for job. Imagine HHH as Owner as heel. The guy that knocked up steph just to gain control then divorced her and its too late for the mcmahons to gain it back. Storyline wise, HHH is also the best pick.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I agree with you regarding what she might do, but I hold on to the hope that if she attempts to do anything particularly stupid Hunter will pimp slap her and tell her no.

Defiant One

Reaction score
yeah I agree with alot of what you said Montana but MS has a point to HHH will still be around to be to wheel her in if she strays off the path. Shane will be around as well. I mean thus far I dont like alot of Steph's moves but ya never know she could change and become brilliant or something. On paper Steph taking over not a good idea but anythings possible, she could turn out to be great in that role who knows.

MikeRaw

Man this sucks.Stephanie is good in the way that she'll push new talent and gegt rid of no good people but she also makes some stupid decision.And no matter how much of a loser Vince seems,he is an absolute genius.The man has done everything that is good about wrestling.He can add humor,make great storylines and run a business in general.He has defined this company for years you know,but oh well.I heard him once say HHH and Shane would run the company(he said it on off the record in 2003) so I was hoping that.Stephanie hasn't impressed me lately with her new promotion so far and who knows what will happen when she takes over completely!Well I would like Shane and HHH to run things,they would be a good team but like Monkey said,at least they'll be around to keep things in line...

3lions

Reaction score
Another very good post Monatana. I do agree with you, that with the current reports about Stephanie's actions and beliefs, that she would slowly but surely turn WWE into a joke and 'ruin' the global sensation known as WWE. I hate the fact that Stephanie (even more so than Vince), looks the idea of pushing big muscle-bound guys and then fires/de-pushes the actual 'wrestlers'.

Imo, Shane would be the best option to take over WWE once Vince retires (although I doubt that will be for a long time). Shane has always been known for his pure wrestling / old school beliefs and if he were to take over, I could see him maintaining the WWE's status, as well as bringing back the high level of wrestling featured on the shows, as well as pushing the pure wrestlers on the roster. I'm not saying that guys like Khali/Lashley wouldn't get pushed, but the number of Beniot's/Jericho's/Edge's etc. would far out-number the Khali's of the WWE-world.

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
Personally I think that Montana and the rest of you people might be wrong. But I feel that if Steph has the right tools and superstars that she could in fact be better than her daddy. Steph is pretty creative with what she does and she could in fact bring in better storylines than the ones we are seeing right now. There is no doubt that the WWE is going to have stars like MVP, Kennedy, Edge, John Cena, Batista and Orton (possibly) still around. I think she could also have a surprise World Champ like Matt Hardy who's fan base is growing at a rapid rate. All she has to do is think things through and then act accordingly. Plus if the bookers, agents and the creative team are all good then the WWE won't be going down any time soon.

Plus the WWE has more dollars to spend than Ring of Honor, Total Non-Stop Action, Combat Zone Wrestling and all those other wrestling federations combined. Dollars keep you in the business and I have seen the WWE like this before, if they can learn from the past and see how businesses like ECW and WCW folded and learn from it then they will be fine. I think the WWE still has a long way to go unless something really dramatic happens. IMO Montana you are overreacting to this and maybe HHH would be a better storyline but maybe he wouldn't be the best talent evaluator and wouldn't do things for the fans, the same with Shane. Let it flow for a while and let's see how Steph does at her creative system.

Stephanie is pushing for some of the young developmental talent at the moment and wants people like Daniel Rodimer to come up to the big brands like Raw and Smackdown to see if he has any talent. Moves like that can break or make a company.

Montana

I actually agree with what everyone is saying. HHH and others would still be in line to help keep the wwe on track.

I think Shane would be a good pick too 3lions. I honestly thought when WWF bought WCW, Vince should have let Shane run it. It made perfect sense to me and eventually they would merge/ Interpromotional battles. But i guess financially, the wwe had to cut a ton of wcw contracts. I even think Shane is perfect for ECW. He agree'd with heymans vison for the company. A wwe ecw + some old ecw flavor.

LW, yea, perhaps i over reacted a little, but i guess im just stirring the pot, guess i was bored. Personally i thnk there is much better choices. Steph is OK, but i havent liked someof the long term decisions as of late. And you said there could be better storylines with steph....shes already the head writer, vince just agree's or says change this, from what i hear. The wwe has changed its business practices a bit. THey are more money hungry,and they dont listen to their fans as much. Guys like Jericho basically leave, because its not fun anymore. They wrestle way too much in a year.

Daniel Rodimer, she wanted him to join Rated RKO, that would have been a distaster in my book, and am glad they've held off on him. The creative team has been anything but creative as of late. I dont agree with a lot of what they've came up with. LW, i think you over looked a few points, other than steph in my posting. Especially the development terriorities. The wwe hasn't been bringing in a huge amount lately. Long term i think they might hurt them as well.

Truth

Reaction score
I think when Vince retires there should be a struggle for power storyline. You have HHH as the heel who married Steph just to get control of the WWE, Shane as the tweener who thinks he deserves it because hes Vince's son and just like old times, the boy always gets the throne before the woman, and then Steph as the face who thinks she deserves it because shes daddy's little girl. Backstage they would all have 33.3 percent of the say, its only fair and would be the most sucessful with the least problems. I see HHH being the better on air choice for the long run though.

The Yeah1993

Reaction score
I'm actually surprised given they pull anything off of yotube that's their's. Some guy uploaded Joe v Punk II under the heading "nothing of any interest" so they wouldn't find it.