Rest In Peace to Mötley Crüe: January 17th, 1981 - December 31st, 2015 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
40U4HoT.jpg

Tonight will be a very sad night. It's the night that another influential band dies. Yes, alongside Motörhead, the world has to say goodbye to Mötley Crüe. They came out of the 1980s Hollywood music scene alongside Ozzy Osbourne (when he was with Randy Rhoads), Van Halen, Guns 'N Roses, Ratt, Slayer and Metallica.

The band became rapidly successful in the United States in 1983 after playing at the US Festival, and with the aid of the new medium of MTV also. They then gained the attention of the Prince of Darkness himself, Ozzy Osbourne, and found themselves as the opening act for Osbourne on his Bark At The Moon tour in 1984. The band members were well known for their backstage antics, outrageous clothing, extreme high-heeled boots, heavily applied make-up, and seemingly endless abuse of alcohol and drugs as well.

As for their recordings, their mixture of heavy metal and hard rock stylings with influences by AC/DC and Aerosmith and guitar picking style of Judas Priest produced several best-selling albums during the 1980s, including Shout at the Devil, Theatre of Pain, and Girls, Girls, Girls, which showcased their love of motorcycles, whiskey and strip clubs, and which told tales of substance abuse, sexual escapades, and general decadence.

Mötley Crüe has been a huge influence to almost every band that has come out in the 2000s and 2010s, and there will never be a band like these guys ever again. I am attending the show and I have expectations that it will be a good one.

Happenings at the show shall be discussed here in this thread.

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
The opening band, The Struts were very good. They did the theme for Takeover: London, which was the last song they played until the stage was changed for Motley Crue to come on, and they were fucking amazing. Vince's singing was really on point, Mick looked at least ten years younger, Nikki did a really good job of holding back any emotion he looked to have, and Tommy's little roller coaster rig set up was cool to see, even when the thing got stuck.

This is when Tommy Lee went the whole "girl" schtick, even some people flashing. The person in front of me flashed, and deciding to be a little bit of a savage, I touched them :smug:

But yeah, the show itself was very, very good and Motley Crue will definitely be missed

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
They probably should've retired along time ago. Same with a lot of bands who are just milking it right now (including Slayer, I mean what the fuck. They're actually continuing without Hanneman? Fuck off).

That said, Motley Crue's old stuff is cool