Resident Evil/Biohazard 7

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Been playing madhouse on and off for the last few weeks. It's not too hard for most part, in-between bosses at least. That being said I'm currently stuck in the last stretch of the mines with the two fat molded...It'll take another month and some serious luck to get past that shit. I just want the unlimited ammo.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
decided to play this one more time. Going to have some old fun I can already tell

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Anyone know if the DLC is any good?

Beating the game on normal in my first playthrough and then a second time on madhouse was a very enjoyable experience, but after that there isn't a ton of replay value in the game for me. If the DLC is of comparable quality to the main story then I'd definitely buy it.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Anyone know if the DLC is any good?

Beating the game on normal in my first playthrough and then a second time on madhouse was a very enjoyable experience, but after that there isn't a ton of replay value in the game for me. If the DLC is of comparable quality to the main story then I'd definitely buy it.

I'd say if you're really itching to play some more Resident Evil 7, then consider Vol.1 or just get the season pass. Not a Hero is free ( without season pass) and there is apparently something else coming after.

Banned footage Vol. 1 is ok, you have nightmare which a wave based survival mode, pretty fun, Ethan must die and Bedroom. Bedroom is a puzzle similar to Happy birthday but a little more challenging. Ethan must die is a mad man's challenge, one-hit deaths and RNG item placement topped off with a Marge Baker boss fight!

Banned footage Vol. 2, the one I like a little better, comes with 21, Jack's 55th and Daughters. 21 is...21 blackjack. Really fun actually, especially on the harder difficulties. Jack's 55th is essentially mercenaries mode. You go around different levels looking for food to fill up Birthday boy, Jack Baker, all while collecting time bonuses with each molded defeated. Pretty fun as well. Daughters is a prequel, you play as Zoey the night things went to shit. It's really short and kinda disappointing.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Finished the PS5 version. It's still a solid horror game but man I forgot how slow your character is, it's fucking annoying.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Finished the PS5 version. It's still a solid horror game but man I forgot how slow your character is, it's fucking annoying.
I know what you mean. There's parts where you are forced to go slower too because of the story. It's one of those things where you don't really notice it first time because you're immersed and it's all fresh to you, but it doesn't hold up as well playing it again.

I definitely prefer when there is as little downtime as possible and you've always got full control of your character.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I saved the game right after the family meal so that I can always start from there. I wish there was an option to skip all the beginning of the game and start during dinner, it's when the game gets really fun.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Trophies didn't transfer with my PS4 save so I'm going for the platinum on PS5 again. Man I forgot how hard this game is on Madhouse difficulty. I must have died 5 or 6 times during the fight with Mia in the attic.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I haven't even attempted Madhouse. I know it'd frustrate me. :lol

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
It's challenging but not frustrating, you have to aim carefully and use your guard a lot more than you would do in other difficulties.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Yes there are a lot of cutscenes you can't skip. Your character walks and runs extremely slowly, and there are parts where you can't do anything because you have to wait for stuff to happen, I really like this game but the replay value suffers a lot from all of those little flaws. It's probably why I touched it a lot less than RE 2/3/8.

I finished the game three times over the last week for trophies and I realized that I remembered very little from the last part of the game. I thought about it and remembered that I basically always stop the game when I reach the ship. It's just not that compelling after that point.

I love exploring the Baker house. The best part of the game definitely goes from the family dinner to the testing area. I like Lucas' twisted birthday cake minigame but since I know it by heart, it goes by very quickly. After the last fight with Jack in the hangar, I just don't want to bother with the whole ship part, especially because you have to do it twice, once in the flashback / VHS tape and once again to rescue Ethan. Then you have the last run as Ethan through the salt mine and it's just generic FPS action. The last fight against Evelin is quite underwhelming too.

Overall I thought the pace in Village was a lot better-handled and it has more replay value. But as a first time experience, VII was amazing. And I didn't even play it in VR, I'm not sure I would have been able to anyway.