Rebuilding a broken Empire

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Beer

~ World Wrestling Entertainment: Rebuilding a broken Empire ~
So, it’s another BTB. My TNA one was, in my opinion, a miserable attempt for a ‘Be the Booker’. I didn’t plan it out, I went straight to it, rushed it and it turned out shit. I’m going to try again with the WWE; since it’s the company I know and love more than any other. The title is fairly simple to be honest. It describes the predicament I am going to put the WWE in and what I will attempt to do about it so I can possibly create a more unique and interesting version of the current day mega show of Wrestling. It may seem a little (understatement) farfetched but hopefully that won’t

~ Conspectus ~
On January 4th 2010, TNA brought to our screens their two newest and most incredible wrestling stars, executive share holders and commissioners of the company, Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff. They vowed on that show that under their own personal guidance and support they would make TNA the biggest wrestling entertainment show of all time, and topple the top dogs of the 21st Century, the WWE.

Nobody ever knew what could be achieved in merely a month as TNA single handily drew their greatest ever Pay-Per-View buy rate, getting more viewers than any WWE show (I did say it was farfetched), excluding the Royal Rumble. TNA had put WWE under such great pressure in such little time that WWE simply couldn’t shove this to the side as simply another small time company trying to defeat the kings.

Another month passed and another month of TNA growing and the WWE crumbling. The ‘E pulled out all the stops, with some big name Guest Hosts and some huge wins for the underdogs of the Company. However, it was these underdogs winning that ultimately lead to the destruction of their powerful reign. At Elimination Chamber, Rey Mysterio lasted from the beginning of the Elimination Chamber match to defeat The Undertaker and claim the World Heavyweight Championship. On the Raw side of things, Kofi Kingston won the Chamber and picked up his first WWE Title.

In the two instances, WWE fans were enraged at the Title changes, stating that they had never been built as likely or credibly champions and title contenders. They vowed that if things didn’t change soon, they would deform to the ever growing TNA. Vince, despite his arrogance and stubbornness concluded he needed help and the help came in the form of his son, Shane McMahon. Vince, knowing that he just doesn’t cut it as owner of the soon to be second biggest Wrestling Company, passed the torch on to his boy, Shane, despite being seen as in charge on screen.

Shane did everything in his power to prevent TNA beating the WWE in all aspects, but came just short as only Wrestlemania was able to beat TNA in the ratings war. It was official, TNA had become a bigger company than WWE, a sentence no one would have even been able to imagine being said (or typed in this case). Despite the defeat, the owner of the WWE, Vince McMahon kept Shane in control after showing that he had the full capabilities to carry the WWE on his back.

And that is where I come in. That is where I begin to attempt to rebuild the empire of the WWE.

~ Elimination Chamber Results ~
Rey Mysterio def. The Undertaker, Chris Jericho, John Morrison, Drew McIntyre and CM Punk to win the World Heavyweight Championship.
~
Kofi Kingston def. Sheamus, Triple H, Randy Orton, Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes to win the WWE Championship.
~
Vince McMahon and Batista def. Shawn Michaels and John Cena w/Bret Hart after Shawn Michaels deformed to help Vince and Batista win in return for a shot at the Undertaker.
~
Mickie James def. Michelle McCool to retain the Women’s Championship.
~
William Regal def. Christian with interference from Vladimir Kozlov and Zeke Jackson to win the ECW Championship.
~
Edge def. Mistico in a One Time match for Mistico.

~ Wrestlemania 26 ~
Rey Mysterio def. Edge to retain the World Heavyweight Championship.
~
Kofi Kingston def. Triple H and Sheamus to retain the WWE Championship.
~
The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels came to a draw in Taker’s last ever match.
~
John Cena w/Bret Hart def. Batista w/Vince McMahon.
~
Cody Rhodes def. Randy Orton and Ted Dibiase.
~
Mickie James and Melina def. Maryse and Michelle McCool in a double Championship Match.
~
MVP def. The Miz to win the United States Championship.
~
William Regal def. Yoshi Tatsu in an open challenge after interference from Zeke Jackson and Vladimir Kozlov.
~
Christian def. John Morrison, Drew McIntyre, Evan Bourne, Jack Swagger, R-Truth, CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler to win the Money in the Bank Briefcase.

~ New WWE Rosters, Title Holders and Summary of Changes ~
After the abysmal performance of the WWE in recent months, a much needed clean out of the WWE landscape was definitely needed. A number of things were changed including ECW being given the boot, the Women’s division turning to a smaller more compact part of the show making the Divas Championship Defunct and a number of female wrestlers being released. A draft lottery will take place after Wrestlemania and the World Titles have been vacated. The remaining ECW superstars the WWE saw that could be used were spread across both Raw and Smackdown.

~ WWE Raw Roster ~
~ Under Commission of Shane McMahon ~

WWE Champion: Vacant
United States Champion: MVP
Unified Tag Team Champions: Zeke Jackson and Vladimir Kozlov
Women’s Champion: Vacant

Big Show
Carlito
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Master
Cody Rhodes
Evan Bourne
Jack Swagger
John Cena
Kofi Kingston
Mark Henry
MVP
Primo
Randy Orton
Santino Marella
Shawn Michaels
Sheamus
Ted Dibiase
The Miz
Triple H
Zeke Jackson – From ECW
Vladimir Kozlov – From ECW
William Regal – From ECW

Gail Kim
Jillian
Kelly Kelly
Melina
Maryse
Beth Phoenix
Michelle McCool
Mickie James

~ WWE Smackdown Roster ~
~ Under Commission of Theodore Long ~

World Heavyweight Champion: Vacant
Intercontinental Champion: Drew McIntyre
Unified Tag Team Champions: Zeke Jackson and Vladimir Kozlov (wrestling under championship rules)

Batista
Charlie Haas
Chris Jericho
CM Punk
David Hart Smith
Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Edge
Finlay
Jimmy Wang Yang
John Morrison
JTG
Kane
Luke Gallows
Matt Hardy
Mike Knox
R-Truth
Rey Mysterio
Shad
The Great Khali
Tyson Kidd
Christian - From ECW
Zack Ryder - From ECW​

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Looks decent, the vacancies, and the draft is just copping out tbh. Backstory was alright nothing interesting besides the main idea. Good moves on the former ECW stars. CLB on SD! is good. The tag champs are also good.

Looks decent as mentioned before. Might stay tuned. Goodluck.

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
I feel that this is a BTB that I may follow. It has a good backstory with TNA becoming bigger and Vince McMahon passing on the torch. I like how you said that WWE's creative basically failed them with Kofi and Rey as world title holders. I do doubt that they would ever Vacate both World titles at the same time, but overall, great story.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Seems a good and unique idea for a BTB. I didn't like the part of vacating the major titles after both "underdogs" was successful in retaining the grandest stage. Sad to see the ECW title getting defunct also but I liked what you did to the Women's Division, I personally don't like the butterfly title. Good Luck with this.

seX-Power

edit- Truth time.

I don't see this lasting at all. You're just rushing from project to project and while you criticise Gards for failing at every BTB he does, you're guilty of the same thing. Either invest enough time into a project to make it actually work, or just give it up for good. This is just tiresome. As for the BTB itself, there is really nothing that sticks out. Typical WWE thread, and any real promise that has is killed by bad booking decisions, capped off by an awful looking Wrestlemania. It's also full of typical cop-outs done by lazy bookers, which really irritates me tbh. Not to say you're a bad writer, because you're good, but looking at uninspired stuff like this, you wouldn't know it.