Reason why NXT Season 4 lacks star power

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

My Wrestlemania 8 Theory

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This kinda popped into my head as a member asked about The Undertaker and Ulimate Warrior Fueding. If what im thinking is correct, The UnderTakers streak would have never even gotten to 2.

Some History, at SummerSlam 91 ulimate Warrior held vince hostage for more money, or else he wasnt going to wrestle. Vince with his back up against the wall, agree'd to pay the warrior, and then proceded to Fire the Warrior right after his match. (dirty business huh)

The Belt went from Hogan to Taker back to HOgan, but then was stripped and then Put up for grabs at the Royal Rumble 92.

My Theory is that the WWE didnt expect to fire the ultimate Warrior, thus had planned for him to play a big role at WM 8. I Know Hogan vs Flair was also suppsoed to be the main event. Jake the Snake and Macho, also had a planned fued too. So heres how i think the card was Supposed to look.

WWE Championship

Hogan vs Ric Flair (C)

The Ulimate Warrior vs The UnderTaker

The Macho Man vs Jake The Snake.

The rest of the card, would be the same.

Since Warrior left, this left taker without an opponent, and Jake Roberts was already helping The warrior about the darkside. So it was Natural to Pair Jake vs Taker. The WWE Promised Flair a title run, and theres no way hogan would lose to him at Mania. Which led the WWE to put the belt on flair. Only to lose it to the macho man. Hogan wanted macho to win it because Hogan wanted some time off. Since Warrior left, they needed a moster heel for hogan to face, other than Flair, so they gave Sid Justice a monster Heel push to face HOgan at WM. If Taker were to fight Warrior, there is a very good chance the warrior would have won. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Personally Hogan vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania 8 would have been awesome, but i guess things work out for the best.
================================================== ====

WM 23 maybe thrown together similar to this, as One or Two matches will tossed together kind of randomly without much history

Malone Hart

Reaction score
Ultimate Warrior was getting paid a lot less than SGT Slaughter, Hulk Hogan and (i think it was) Iron Shiek in that tag team match, that is why he asked for more money and said if he did'nt get it he was'nt going to wrestle. I would of done the same thing to be honest.

I do see your point about the Undertaker thing, but i don't think they would of dragged out the feud until Wrestlemania with Ultimate Warrior and Undertaker being as the fans were not really buying into it and they wanted it to end quickly, apparently their house show matches sucked majorly aswell..............but i guess we will never know.

Montana

Well he didnt ask for more money, he demanded/threaten more money.

It would have been a stretch all the way to mania, but i guess we will never know. They didnt officially start fueding back then either, They just hinted at it. Plus all of the ultimate Warriors matches sucked back then.

There has been a few people to go on to say The Undertaker would beat The Ulimate Warrior at wm 8 after Warrior beat Hogan, and Macho in the previous years, but i doubt it. Also If you look at the roster, The warrior wouldn't fit in against any other star at that time, other than the undertaker or Jake the Snake.

Malone Hart

Reaction score
That's a good point there was'nt anyone else he could of feuded with.

It is a shame we will never know what could of happened.

kurten

Reaction score
you should watch the dvd Self Destruction of the ultimate warrior, its very good IMO, and there one part where its during an interview some one says that a bunch of guys offered to take warrior out back and make him see the error of his ways so to speak.

if you want i can find you the link to it :)

Malone Hart

Reaction score
I have got the Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior but it is not the truth, everything is one sided just to try and tarnish his career, we will never know the full truth of what happened when the Ultimate Warrior was in the WWF.

( An example that pisses me off from that DVD is 1) Bobby Heenan said the Ultimate Warrior dropped him on his face but the footage clearly shows the Ultimate Warrior being carefull when he drops him, and Heenan lands on his side nowhere near his face, 2) Heenan shows footage of Andre the Giant vs Ultimate Warrior he says that the Andre liked the clothesline spot and they show four different types of fottage for it but then Heenan says Ultimate Warrior kept messing up however they had no footage to back this up)

Captive8

Reaction score
Yeah I suppose all those people are lying on the Ultimate Warrior and it's one big conspiracy to trash his image. Give me a fricken break. I was a HUGE Ultimate Warrior fan when I was young. I grew up now and realized that he sucked, was never good, and the best part of him was his intro. You cant tell me that all these industry people who care about the profession are lying on this one guy because they wanna tarnish his image. The Warrior did this to himself. He let me down countless times when I was little and all the other little warriors.

As far as the WM thing, that could very well have happened. I watched a Warrior-Taker bodybag match from MSG in July of 91, right before SS. It was alright at best and Warrior ended up winning. So maybe they would have put Warrior over Taker at WM, we will never know.

Malone Hart

Reaction score
I was also a huge Ultimate Warrior fan and too know that the best part of him was his intro but this was wrestling in the 80's i was young and did'nt appreciate good wrestling matches, the Ultimate Warrior grabbed me, a lot of wrestlers from the 80's that were classed as good would be terrible compared to todays standard (One Man Gang, Jim Duggan, Earthquake, Typhoon, Hulk Hogan etc)

Anyway who were the people who commented on him, Hulk Hogan (Who has hated Warrior ever since he had to put him over clean at Wrestlemania VI), HHH (Has had one match with him and calls him unproffesional, even though this is a guy that has practically buried most of the talent on Raw) Edge and Christian (Who have never wrestled him once in his life or travelled with him etc) Eric Bischoff (Who brought Warrior in just because Hogan was good friends with Bischoff and wanted a pinfall victory over Warrior) Bobby Heenan (Who suprisingly enough did'nt have any video footage to back up anything he was saying)

koberulz

Reaction score
You can't say Trips can be happy about Mania 12.

Montana

I remember at the time, this match was a major push for him despite we knew he was losing. He was at the bottom of the card prior to this match. So i think hhh can't be too mad about it.

Its kinda tough to find a modern day equilivent but something like MVP vs Bret Hart....Even if you lose, its still a good push. (MVP is actually higher up than hhh was at the time though)

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
WWE officials are looking to hold a fifth season of NXT, which is why the company's top developmental talent were held off the new season premiering tonight on WWE.com. Officials are hopeful that the program will find a home on U.S. television.

Season 4 is fine because Tough Enough is in the stages of finding people that want to become wrestlers but when they start airing Tough Enough over the next few months why will they need a 5th season of NXT?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
If their plan is to show the guys on Tough Enough earning a developmental deal and then graduating from FCW to NXT and then NXT to Raw/SD it makes sense.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Hell of a ride but that would be kind of cool. I thought them bringing in Tough Enough was them ending NXT but guess not. I thought the reason this season lacked star power originally was cause of the fact that they aren't on T.V anymore.

Fuzzbuzz

Reaction score
I really can't think of a good reason why they are continuing NXT. It's not being shown on TV so WWE aren't making any revenue from it, yet at the same time have to pay expenses to record the show.

Plus given how rubbish previous incarnations have been, most WWE fans have probably been conditioned to expect it to be crap and not care about anyone on it.