Rate Smackdown Live! 02/14/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 7/10

• 8/10

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate this episode of Smackdown Live and leave some comments about the show.

Opening

Bray Wyatt came to the ring and declared it the age of Wyatt. He was then interrupted by John Cena. Cena congratulated Wyatt in his win and accused him of brainwashing the crowd. The crowd began chanting "You deserve it" and Cena claimed no one deserves anything. He mentioned that he had a match with Wyatt for the belt tonight and wanted to do it right away.

AJ Styles came out and interrupted. AJ claimed he should get the first rematch. He criticized Cena for line jumping and having a private plane, making him out of touch with common wrestlers. He mentioned he beat Cena several times and he knows he can beat Wyatt. He demanded a one on one match with Wyatt right away.

Daniel Bryan then interrupted. He congratulated Bray Wyatt. He said that both AJ and Cena were owed a rematch and that a WWE Championship match was promised this night. He made the match a triple threat match.

American Alpha vs the Ascension

American Alpha defeated the Ascension by pin fall. After the match, the Usos made a challenge.

Backstage

Carmella told James Ellsworth to keep things professional even though he was cute. Dean Ambrose came up and told James that Carmella was using him. Carmella asked James if he was going to let Ambrose talk to her like that and nervously, James said no. Daniel Bryan showed up and demanded Baron Corbin first, but then asked for a match with Ellsworth. Bryan granted it.

Dean Ambrose vs James Ellsworth

Baron Corbin attacked Dean Ambrose, preventing this match from happening.

After the match, Natalya and Nikki Bella got into a fight in front of Daniel Bryan and he ordered a falls count anywhere match between the two for the following week.

Becky Lynch vs Mickie James

Mickie James defeated Becky Lynch by pin fall.

Naomi

Naomi was celebrating her title win and talking about an injury when she was interrupted by Alexa Bliss who claimed Naomi was faking the injury. She said she was feeling generous and giving Naomi one week to hand over the title or she would forcibly take it back.

WWE Championship Match: Champion Bray Wyatt vs AJ Styles vs John Cena

When the lights came on after Bray Wyatt's entrance, Luke Harper appeared at ringside and attacked Bray Wyatt.

Bray Wyatt pinned John Cena to retain the WWE Championship. After the match, Randy Orton slowly approached the ring. He told Bray Wyatt that he pledged his undying allegiance to him and then bowed down before him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
"interrupted by Alexa Bliss who said she was giving Naomi one week to get better for their rematch"

Isn't that uncharacteristic for a heel who just lost?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
This episode would have gotten a higher rating from me than a 6 if not for that awful ending. I have said over and over that although I do not like Randy Orton, this subservient thing to Wyatt has always irritated me because it's so out of character.

And yes, before someone tries to tell me, I know this is just a ploy that Randy Orton used to break up the Wyatt Family from within. And yes, I know that the turn is eventually going to come. However, that doesn't change how I feel about it because, in actuality, it makes Bray Wyatt look like an idiot. To actually believe that a man known as the Apex Predator, who pretty ruthlessly led the group Legacy, would suddenly be his servant... come on, please.

So yeah, I know it will eventually be resolved but it just irritated me tonight so I dropped the rating.

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
"interrupted by Alexa Bliss who said she was giving Naomi one week to get better for their rematch"

Isn't that uncharacteristic for a heel who just lost?

I guess it depends on how you look at it. Alexa was claiming that Naomi faked the injury and she said she was giving Naomi until next week to either hand the title back to her or that Alexa would forcibly take it back

I updated it to make more sense in the spoiler section.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
~ Now...its time for the A-Show that doesn't troll its audience...SmackDown Live...And here we go...

~ You really do deserve it Bray...you really do...and of course we get a classic Wyatt promo.
God...this is cool. Thank you SmackDown...your so much better than RAW.

~ And here comes Nikki Bella's Boyfriend to ruin the moment...

~ But its okay...A.J...is here...so the good now out weighs the bad (I'm kidding...Cena isn't that bad)

~ And we now have a triple threat match...so...does this count as both rematches?

~ You know...I've heard there was a time when the Ascension was awesome...I wish I was around for that.

~ The Alpha of America get the win...and we now see the Usos are stepping up to challenge AA.
Well...its not like SmackDown has anyone else right?

~ Carmella & Jimmy No Chin are hanging out...enter the Verbal Gerbil Dean Ambrose.

~I don't know Dean...I'd rather be Carmella's slave than use those online dating websites...well
actually I'd rather be Alexa's slave...but I'm moving off topic.

~ And...we are now getting Ambrose vs. Ellsworth? I'm thinking that match won't happen...

~ Wow...that happened quick...okay so Ellsworth is waiting and...Nice...Corbin is dragging
Ambrose out through the entryway. The two are fighting and...a deep six with a small amount of sparks...
Okay...was there a problem with the pyro?

Anyway...the Rise of Corbin continues and its clear that Ambrose will be the next to fall.
I'm calling a street fight for the IC title at Wrestlemania.

~ The Natalya/Nikki feud continues and...alright...a falls count anywhere match...wait...
why didn't they just do that at the Elimination Chamber and drop the 2 on 1 handicap match?
Well...who cares...it should be a lot of fun to watch. I'm calling that Maryse costs Nikki the match
to start setting up that Wrestlemania mixed tag match.

~ A Corbin interview...man...they are really pushing Corbin...he's getting match/ring time,
Talking Smack segments, guest commentary spots and a run in SmackDown and pay per view
main events.

The point I want to make is it feels natural...unlike the Roman Reigns push...
which is just ridiculous.

~ I'm not sure heel Ziggler is working...mainly because he needs a likeable face to fight...
sorry Apollo and Kalisto.

~ Okay...so Becky & Mickie each get a win against the other within 3 days...well...Okay...
I mean I won't ever complain about watching either of them...I just hope this doesn't turn
into a "Best of 7 Series"

~ Okay...so is the SmackDown Women's title cursed?

- Becky wins it...misses a pay per view through injury...gets beaten down at every turn...
doesn't get one clean win defending it and then loses it at her first pay per view defense.

- Alexa wins it...turns into a coward...doesn't get one clean win defending it and then loses it at
her first pay per view defense.

- Naomi wins it...and now she's injured?

Seriously...avoid that belt like the plague ladies!

~ Well...Alexa is chasing again now...which is great...she's better on the hunt anyway.

tumblr_ol59vm26lV1ux0q3go1_500.png

*Sigh*

~ And on to our main event and...hey...WTF?! Harper is attacking Bray!!!

*Watches Match*

And Bray gets a clean win pinning Cena again...Nice!!!

~ And Orton finally appears and pledges his undying loyalty to Wyatt...right...
sure you do.

And with that another great SmackDown that didn't make my brain bleed or my blood boil with rage.
Thanks again SmackDown...love your work.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
8/10

Good from beginning to end.. and I actually really enjoyed the ending. I also doubt that Orton will betray Wyatt before Wrestlemania... maybe at WM, but not before.

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
This episode would have gotten a higher rating from me than a 6 if not for that awful ending. I have said over and over that although I do not like Randy Orton, this subservient thing to Wyatt has always irritated me because it's so out of character.

And yes, before someone tries to tell me, I know this is just a ploy that Randy Orton used to break up the Wyatt Family from within. And yes, I know that the turn is eventually going to come. However, that doesn't change how I feel about it because, in actuality, it makes Bray Wyatt look like an idiot. To actually believe that a man known as the Apex Predator, who pretty ruthlessly led the group Legacy, would suddenly be his servant... come on, please.

So yeah, I know it will eventually be resolved but it just irritated me tonight so I dropped the rating.
Maybe I'm being too optimistic here, but I think you have the wrong idea concerning Randy's alignment. The whole point of the feud is the mystery aspect to it, if Randy had simply wanted to take out the Wyatt Family from within he could have done that within a month and be over it, but he hasn't, he's still allying himself to Bray, why? Because maybe he was planning to do it, but Bray is just THAT influential into Randy's psyche that he's been fully indoctrinated. The way he's been acting is very passive about being in the Family, his personality hasn't changed much except for his continued devotion to Bray Wyatt, which makes Bray look even more powerful. Think about how remorseless, how much of a sociopath Orton is, and then think about how Bray has pacified him and turned it into his pet, his servant. The question is no longer when will Randy turn on Bray, but now its whether Randy can free himself or not from Wyatt's influence on him. Daniel Bryan had the same storyline Randy had a couple of years ago, but it only lasted two weeks and I like to think Bryan had the help of the fans to ward off Wyatt's influence. Randy has no help, Randy has no friends, Randy has nobody he can turn to at a time like this, Randy is emotionally vulnerable and that is how Wyatt sinks his teeth into Orton and how he turned him into a devoted member of Bray's cult.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Maybe I'm being too optimistic here, but I think you have the wrong idea concerning Randy's alignment. The whole point of the feud is the mystery aspect to it, if Randy had simply wanted to take out the Wyatt Family from within he could have done that within a month and be over it, but he hasn't, he's still allying himself to Bray, why? Because maybe he was planning to do it, but Bray is just THAT influential into Randy's psyche that he's been fully indoctrinated. The way he's been acting is very passive about being in the Family, his personality hasn't changed much except for his continued devotion to Bray Wyatt, which makes Bray look even more powerful. Think about how remorseless, how much of a sociopath Orton is, and then think about how Bray has pacified him and turned it into his pet, his servant. The question is no longer when will Randy turn on Bray, but now its whether Randy can free himself or not from Wyatt's influence on him. Daniel Bryan had the same storyline Randy had a couple of years ago, but it only lasted two weeks and I like to think Bryan had the help of the fans to ward off Wyatt's influence. Randy has no help, Randy has no friends, Randy has nobody he can turn to at a time like this, Randy is emotionally vulnerable and that is how Wyatt sinks his teeth into Orton and how he turned him into a devoted member of Bray's cult.

Well I recall the Daniel Bryan thing and Daniel Bryan actually confirmed in an interview after he turned on Wyatt that he had not been under Wyatt's thrall. He said he went along with it to get Bray in a situation in which Harper and Rowan couldn't help him. He accomplished that when he and Bray were alone in a steel cage and he beat the crap out of Bray.

I could be wrong about whether Randy is infiltrating the Wyatt Family or if he is truly under Bray's thrall. However, I would be more uncomfortable with what you proposed. As I pointed out, a man who is referred to as an Apex Predator, a sociopath and who has shown himself to be powerful and cunning, falling under the thrall of Bray Wyatt would rub me the wrong way. Maybe's it because I am a psychologist and it just wouldn't make sense with how I view Orton's psyche. I am not sure. But I would be much happier if it were a ploy by Orton.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Ah apparently on the WWE Network after Smackdown went off the air, Daniel Bryan announced there will be a battle royal next week and the winner will advance to face Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania.

So, what may happen here? Perhaps Orton will continue to be with Wyatt and Luke Harper will win the Battle Royal and face Bray at WrestleMania? Perhaps Harper wins and Orton still claims he should get his shot and it is a triple threat at WrestleMania between Bray, Harper and Orton? Will Orton change his mind and enter the battle Royal and win his shot back at Mania (this would be the stupidest choice). Will someone other than Orton or Harper win?

Personally, I like the idea of Luke Harper winning the battle royal. If this results in either Luke Harper facing Wyatt at WrestleMania alone or a triple threat with Orton, I am fine with both of those things. Harper and Wyatt have the feud going on and both are great wrestlers. It would be great to see two guys in the main event of WrestleMania who have never been there before. Perhaps if Harper goes one on one with Wyatt, Orton might turn on Wyatt during the match, giving the belt to Harper. Regardless, there has to be some resolution to this Orton thing.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I loved the show, the main event was pretty awesome. Bray pinned Cena clean and showed he is the friggin boss!

On the whole Randy situation, is it still possible for Randy to go after the UT at Wrestlemania?

I mean now we all think what's happening, Randy is playing with Bray, he'll backstab, Oldberg beats KO and Lesnar vs Oldman is the UT match at wrestlemania, KO vs Jericho for US title.

But what if....

Randy goes after UT, Aj/Harper wins Battle Royal, Lesnar costs Goldberg the championship match, KO vs Jericho vs Orton for UT and AJ/Harper vs Bray (maybe make it 2/3 falls or something stipulation wise)

Was just thinking what ifs and thought I'd put it out there.

Then again, the whole 'i wont fight you' had a massive caveat that he wouldnt as long as Bray was master, he could get 2 weeks near wrestlemania and just be like 'nope not my master' and go after Bray lol.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The show was good. 7/10

Positives:
- The opening segment with Wyatt, Cena and Styles was good.

- American Alpha vs The Ascension was solid. Man, AA still hasn't connected with the crowd all that well, but what matters is that they won and they set up a feud with The Usos post-match.

- That Corbin/Ambrose brawl was well done.

- Corbin's backstage promo was decent, as was Ziggler's.

- Mickie vs Becky was solid, but I liked their EC match better. I was not a fan of the finish, I feel it's what should've happened at the EC, but they didn't have to go with 50/50 booking here.

- Naomi/Alexa segment was good. Naomi was solid, but Alexa was great.

- Wyatt vs Cena vs Styles was a great ME, loved it. Wyatt's title run is off to a great start so far. He pinned Cena twice in the span of 3 days and it was clean, which is amazing considering WWE used to be highly allergic to having Wyatt go over Cena clean before, but that's thankfully changed now. The post-match stuff was OK. All that's left to do is for Orton to turn on Wyatt, right? Or maybe they go with Orton/Wyatt/Harper at Mania, which I would like a lot.

Negatives:
- Nikki/Nattie stuff was meh. But, at least we're getting a Falls Count Anywhere match next week to end this dreadful feud once and for all, hopefully.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
This Smackdown felt like it went by in 30 minutes.

Gosh, I still can't wrap my brain around Wyatt as WWE Champion. The most neutered guy in the company got the top prize. It's weird, but the fans are into it... And he did pin John Cena and AJ Styles within 10 minutes of one another and dispatched Big Match Jahn with relative ease and it felt earned... All this just felt strangely right, and hell, Bray Wyatt finally having a purpose and reason to really exist really makes his promos so much easier to watch. The crowd being super behind him works as well, and Luke Harper popping up at the end of his entrance was AWESOME. Also wow the AA is the (kayfabe) worst finisher in all of wrestling. He couldn't pin Ellsworth with that move.

As for the ending, I was fine with it, but sad to know it's actually going somewhere. I'm all for Wyatt vs Harper for the WWE Championship with Randy Orton sitting his ass down at ringside and watching with the rest of us... and looking at the legacy of Rumble winners in 2025 that would make me lol. "Aye remember when Orton won and then said "nah I'm good, I'd prefer to be Wyatt's bitch?" Good times, good times..."

Alexa Bliss has more mic talent in her big toe than all the other girls on the SD roster... Ascension have improved in the ring and all but we're just waiting on the Revival at this point wtf where are they...