Rate Raw July 17th 2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw from 1 to 10

• Total voters

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
So...basically...every other women in the division is "average" and it should just
be Sasha on top interchanging opponents while the other women sit around and
wrestle tag matches on the house shows.

I'd tell em to step their shit up because that's what they're competing against.. you know to bring the best out of each other

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
d tell em to step their shit up because that's what they're competing against.. you know to bring the best out of each other
Hard to step up when you can't even get on TV...

Clearly we have different views on the women's
division and how they should be handled.

I don't agree...but...I can respect your line of
thinking.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Hard to step up when you can't even get on TV...

Clearly we have different views on the women's
division and how they should be handled.

I don't agree...but...I can respect your line of
thinking.

agreed. One last thing I wanna say is that they can't please everyone and they also can't put everyone who's deserving of it on TV. That's just too much. After all it's a cutthroat business. They will do whatever is best for their business and if Banks, Bayley, Bliss and Nia is working for them, then I understand why they'll stick to it for a while

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
They will do whatever is best for their business and if Banks, Bayley, Bliss and Nia is working for them, then I understand why they'll stick to it for a while
But they'll never know if they don't give the other women a shot...and
they can't even get that.

Its been Sasha, Bayley, Nia & Charlotte/Alexa since the brand split last
year.

Ugh...I don't want to argue bro...I'm personally over giving shit about
the RAW women's division at this point.

Its just the same shit every week...and I appreciate the effort the
ladies put in...its just the a repetitive cycle of nothing is happening.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Two things that are suffering the most in general WWE is the tag division and the womens division. At this point, maybe they should bring back the shield. Heck, add a woman to it.

For one, the Shield will be reformed soon enough....believe that...:ambrose4::reigns2::dealwithit:
As I mentioned in my previous post above, so long as they've started to tease it again, you can pencil it in as a given and I'm still sticking to my prediction of some time around Survivor Series.

On another note, you are absolutely right about the suffering of the tag and women's divisions on both brands respectively and I feel this is something that WWE ought to (re)evaluate come draft time next year. In my humble opinion, they should perhaps consider what many of us thought and originally proposed before they did the brand split which was keep ALL the women in ONE dividion exclusively on ONE brand and do the same for ALL the tag teams. I think the biggest advantage in this scenario would be the depth of each roster respectively and the opportunity to do various different angles at the same time while avoiding to bore the audience by repeating the same matches almost every week or recycling same feuds in general.

I could really keep going but this is a matter to be discussed in another seperate thread so won't go too off topic here....

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
For one, the Shield will be reformed soon enough....believe that...:ambrose4::reigns2::dealwithit:
As I mentioned in my previous post above, so long as they've started to tease it again, you can pencil it in as a given and I'm still sticking to my prediction of some time around Survivor Series.

On another note, you are absolutely right about the suffering of the tag and women's divisions on both brands respectively and I feel this is something that WWE ought to (re)evaluate come draft time next year. In my humble opinion, they should perhaps consider what many of us thought and originally proposed before they did the brand split which was keep ALL the women in ONE dividion exclusively on ONE brand and do the same for ALL the tag teams. I think the biggest advantage in this scenario would be the depth of each roster respectively and the opportunity to do various different angles at the same time while avoiding to bore the audience by repeating the same matches almost every week or recycling same feuds in general.

I could really keep going but this is a matter to be discussed in another seperate thread so won't go too off topic here....

So all women to SmackDown and all tag teams to Raw? Or vice versa?

To me, Raw would improve by going down to a 2 hour show alone. They can use the network they are always trying to push for "special segments". Make Raw more about story building and matches and leave out the filler BS. The women have never been a top priority in the company and while they tried to put more focus on them, they lost the plot. Raw should be a 2 hour show and the woman should have a full show to themselves that is an hour. They can still appear on Raw and Smackdown but at least they will have depth to their storylines. As for the tag teams... They need to reintroduce better stables, more managers, and make you want to cheer on or boo a team rather than one individual wrestler.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
So all women to SmackDown and all tag teams to Raw? Or vice versa?

I guess it doesn't really matter who ends up where so long as you go back to having two divisions instead of the current four that are practically crippled but I guess if it were up to me, I'd probably have the women's division on RAW and the tag team division on Smackdown. If you want to have a bit more leeway and perhaps make things somewhat more flexible, there's always the idea of having these divisions occasionally float between both shows.

As far as RAW going back to 2 hours, well, that's pretty much a given but unfortunately we'll just have to cope with it for at least another couple of years; if I'm not mistaken, the contract with USA in this current format runs till 2019. Nevertheless, going back to two hours would be a blessing for a million plus one reasons that we've all talked about throughout other various threads.

To put it plain and simple, I think it pretty much comes down to...less is more.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I guess it doesn't really matter who ends up where so long as you go back to having two divisions instead of the current four that are practically crippled but I guess if it were up to me, I'd probably have the women's division on RAW and the tag team division on Smackdown. If you want to have a bit more leeway and perhaps make things somewhat more flexible, there's always the idea of having these divisions occasionally float between both shows.

As far as RAW going back to 2 hours, well, that's pretty much a given but unfortunately we'll just have to cope with it for at least another couple of years; if I'm not mistaken, the contract with USA in this current format runs till 2019. Nevertheless, going back to two hours would be a blessing for a million plus one reasons that we've all talked about throughout other various threads.

To put it plain and simple, I think it pretty much comes down to...less is more.
My question regarding your proposal isn't it's execution or it's reason but rather the fact that you have overlooked one detail: NXT/developmental.

WWE has a large pool of talent now, so much so that they are looking to strip indies of their talent so as to dominate territories around the globe (Australia, UK to name a few).

The truth is that, yes, the current construct of the women's division is poor. However, their numbers will not shrink but only increase in due time. At some point, nearly all women in developmental right now will be on the main roster.

Having split rosters allows the likes of Becky lynch to flourish without taking a backseat to Bayley (for example).

This revolution requires patience. It is going in the right direction. Emma is the only pure flaw I see at the moment and that may be due to injury concerns. Otherwise, each woman has direction. I particularly like how Dana Brooke and Mickie James have paired. Brooke needs a mentor in a bad way and Mickie is ideal. Lana is in the same boat as Brooke and has Tamina serving as a mentor.

I'd really like for everyone to restrain their criticism just a little bit. In a few years time, the women's roster size will have doubled or tripled necessitating the roster split.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Having split rosters allows the likes of Becky lynch to flourish without taking a backseat to Bayley (for example).
Very true...

This revolution requires patience.
Not my strongest virtue...but you do make a valid point...

Emma is the only pure flaw I see at the moment and that may be due to injury concerns.
Again...a fair point...

I particularly like how Dana Brooke and Mickie James have paired. Brooke needs a mentor in a bad way and Mickie is ideal. Lana is in the same boat as Brooke and has Tamina serving as a mentor.
But they haven't done anything with them yet? Nothing has
been fleshed out or the mentor/student role established.

Unless I missed something...may-be I did?

And the idea of Tamina and Lana together doesn't make much
sense.

Originally Tamina, Natalya & Carmella had a problem with
Charlotte because she was drafted and EARNED a title shot.

Well...Natalya & Carmella had a problem with that. Not sure why
Tamina did because she arrived the same night Charlotte did.

So "the group whose name I hate" was formed to stop Charlotte
from winning the title or getting another shot at it.

Then Lana comes in...and gets 3 title shots in less than a month...
and Natalya & Tamina don't say or do a damn thing.

Natalya still hasn't had 1 on 1 title match since the brand split...
and Lana is given 3 as soon as she shows up.

By the story being told Natalya and Tamina should be attacking
Lana and trying to put her on the shelf.

I wouldn't be so critical if the booking made any kind of short
term (or long term) sense.

the women's roster size will have doubled or tripled necessitating the roster split.
And even if the women's roster does double or triple in size...
there is no guarantee the WWE creative team will do anything
actually creative with them...or even use them at all.

Look...I'm a huge fan of women's wrestling and no doubt things
have greatly improved. I'm always posting threads, starting discussions
and trying to get everyone else on this forum hyped for the women's
division...I'm always trying to be positive and find whatever silver lining
when I can.

It just seems to be getting harder to do so.

Reactions: Red Rain

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Very true...

Not my strongest virtue...but you do make a valid point...

Again...a fair point...

But they haven't done anything with them yet? Nothing has
been fleshed out or the mentor/student role established.

Unless I missed something...may-be I did?

And the idea of Tamina and Lana together doesn't make much
sense.

Originally Tamina, Natalya & Carmella had a problem with
Charlotte because she was drafted and EARNED a title shot.

Well...Natalya & Carmella had a problem with that. Not sure why
Tamina did because she arrived the same night Charlotte did.

So "the group whose name I hate" was formed to stop Charlotte
from winning the title or getting another shot at it.

Then Lana comes in...and gets 3 title shots in less than a month...
and Natalya & Tamina don't say or do a damn thing.

Natalya still hasn't had 1 on 1 title match since the brand split...
and Lana is given 3 as soon as she shows up.

By the story being told Natalya and Tamina should be attacking
Lana and trying to put her on the shelf.

I wouldn't be so critical if the booking made any kind of short
term (or long term) sense.

And even if the women's roster does double or triple in size...
there is no guarantee the WWE creative team will do anything
actually creative with them...or even use them at all.

Look...I'm a huge fan of women's wrestling and no doubt things
have greatly improved. I'm always posting threads, starting discussions
and trying to get everyone else on this forum hyped for the women's
division...I'm always trying to be positive and find whatever silver lining
when I can.

It just seems to be getting harder to do so.

We, the audience, aren't supposed to know this but this but Mickie James is an on screen road agent. Mickie James wasn't brought back to win titles, she is there to help women like Brooke and Nia Jax improve. Charlotte and Emma weren't enough, Dana Brooke needs one-on-one help.

Since Lana is excellent on promos and horrible on the ring, they've assigned Tamina because she's an experienced technician. Natalya likely has other commitments right now like Total Divas.

The top tier talents are too busy these days but lower enhancement talent have time to teach. It's the reason Reigns was with The Shield in the first place and why Big Cass is feuding with Big Show right now.

I believe the thing you aren't understanding yet is that Natalya and Tamina are not being paid to win championships... At all. They are mentors.

Kane teamed with Daniel Bryan for the specific purpose of elevating Bryan. He succeeded. The same went for Big Show/Miz.

A lot of things go on backstage like this that we aren't aware of. I've just been watching wrestling long enough to read between the lines.

For the record, you (and posters such as Alexb) make provoking posts. It challenges me to reply with educated responses rather abrupt sarcasm.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
We, the audience, aren't supposed to know this but this but Mickie James is an on screen road agent. Mickie James wasn't brought back to win titles, she is there to help women like Brooke and Nia Jax improve. Charlotte and Emma weren't enough, Dana Brooke needs one-on-one help.
I understand that...and its one of reasons I was glad Mickie was brought back.
The entire women's division can only benefit from her input and experience.

I guess part of my annoyance is that I think Emma & Dana made a great double act...
and they basically split them up because they turned Dana face and Emma came back
as a heel.

wwe-smackdown-digitals-05-12-2016_1.jpg

Since Lana is excellent on promos and horrible on the ring, they've assigned Tamina because she's an experienced technician. Natalya likely has other commitments right now like Total Divas.
Not to mention Tamina isn't really that good on the mic...so the idea of a Tamina/Lana
team up works in front of the camera and behind-the-scenes...but...its hard for the WWE
to develop these "on screen relationships" if they aren't on screen...or keep booking
everyone in multi women matches.

I believe the thing you aren't understanding yet is that Natalya and Tamina are not being paid to win championships... At all. They are mentors.
No I understand that perfectly...I just don't think talented women like Natalya & Mickie James
should be limited as to what they can achieve in the ring by simply being seen as a mentor
for the younger generation.

Mickie James has won enough titles and been involved in enough high-profile/landmark
matches...but Natalya...I guess it would be great to see Nattie get at least one run as
a champion in this "Women's Revolution" Era. The woman has worked so hard and has
had to put up with some terrible creative decisions over the years.

For the record, you (and posters such as Alexb) make provoking posts. It challenges me to reply with educated responses rather abrupt sarcasm.
Thanks for that. I try my best.