Rate Raw 9/25/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Whattya give it?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 50.0%

Votes: 1 25.0%

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
...Let me claim to be an expert for one moment after watching a month of 205 Live (if you'd like me to be the review monkey for that show... lol) and watching that final segment and the double-turn in the end... I'm hesitantly very, very positive about how this turned out. So many wonderful things came from this...

1: Enzo needed a heel turn. While he's being defended for his star power/mic skills/overness, the last three segments he's had with Neville (this, 205 go-home, and a few weeks ago) the crowd sang along but the serious, intense Neville flipped the crowd on him big-time by the end. All three times he got owned on the mic by Neville.

2: Small 205L kayfabe boost. Enzo's match when he got the #1 contendership was really fun as a Cedric Alexander showcase as he eliminated three guys by himself, blasting through Nese and Kendrick and Metalik, before Enzo rolled in and grabbed the tights for the pin. Enzo obviously has about as much credibility as Curt Hawkins so him as a chicken heel run could work if it wasn't so damn overdone. Easily WWE'S most overdone trope.

3: Hey, good segment.

4: They made a baby face star. It's weird to say this out loud but as @TheprofileofJericho and I have talked about briefly, if you flip Neville as a natural underdog babyface against Lesnar, you can easily do that match at Royal Rumble (but he'll more likely go after the IC belt). Between his impressive offense and how well Neville has been built up really well this year you could definitely main event with him (though WWE's heel side is so bleak that who else would he feud with?)

5: They listened to the fans for more than just an entrance, paid attention to their own kayfabe storyline and the strengths and weaknesses of their performers, and took the logical next step to do here in an unpredictable, un-formulaic way that actually was effective. Thank you.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Mike Thunder

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
As a 205 live fan, the last segment was awesome. The double turn was a good idea.

Reactions: Snowman1

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Short review of the last Raw :

Pros :

+ Mickie James entering a feud for the women's championship is a real breath of fresh air, that this mediocre division needs.

+ Neville, amazing.

+ Braun coming out after the show to destroy Enzo after Neville was just lol.

+ The matches were good for the most part.

Cons :

- Don't care about the Miz/Roman feud. Btw are they really setting up for a Shield reunion, to fight the Miztourage. That is funny to me.

- Balor vs Wyatt continuing, ARE YOU SERIOUS.

Overall 6.5/10

Decent show.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
The double turn was good. But I'm scratching my head about Braun Strowman. Why is he interested in destroying Amore?

I guess booking thought that it was a great idea to bring RAW and 205 Live stars into one room to bring attention to the division by having a popular star destroy another popular star to equate a double turn...?

Everything else on RAW was yawn. Fucking yawn. *yawn and goes to sleep*
~ I hate Enzo...and I personally want him to be fired. The sooner they
put the Cruiserweight title back on Neville the better.
Not going to happen any time soon, with the stipulation in place. It'll be someone new to the division that takes the title.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
But I'm scratching my head about Braun Strowman. Why is he interested in destroying Amore?

Because...he's Braun, duh. HE'S NOT FINISHED WITH YOUUU!

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Since I've droned on about 205L for a few posts now, I may as well say during this review thread that this was the weakest show I've seen from them yet... during the week they really had to sell this show to the audience. As with the first few episodes WWE really dropped the ball on what was supposed to be a really important episode...

Usually the promos on this show are better than Raw's - the random Gallegher/Kendrick pairing had a pretty good example - and while Enzo had more freedom I did NOT need to hear this guy gloat for 20 minutes. This was so much overkill it felt like a Stephanie segment... Then more talking from the GOAT, Drew Gulak, for more fun bitching and the PowerPoint Presentation (best catchphrase 2017) and his dream of a Drewtopia when crowds respect ground-based combat based on mutual respect for skilled opponents. This is great and Tozawa's a perfect foil who works on a basic level as a character (kids like him, chant gets over, etc)... But shame on WWE for putting Tony Nese on the most important show they've done. He's pure garbage. There was one sequence towards the end that was sweet, but this match was as dull as it can be otherwise... They continue the Swann/TJP feud which has been excellent, actually, the slow burn has done them very well here. Then Neville with a spectacular promo (I threw away a shot at the cruiserweight championship, and guess what? I don't care!) and another throwaway match before a regular angle with the fake crutch attack by Enzo.

Ashamed of WWE for not doing better for their most important episode to date. Now. Onwards to current Raw.