Rate Raw 2/5/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 3/10

• 5/10

• 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate tonight's edition of Monday Night Raw and leave comments so we know what you thought of the show.

Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match: Roman Reigns vs Bray Wyatt

Roman Reigns won by pin fall. After the match, Matt Hardy attacked Bray Wyatt.

The Revival vs The Club

The Club won by pin fall.

Mustafa Ali and Cedric Alexander vs Drew Gulak and Tony Nese

Ali and Alexander won by pin fall

Women's Elimination Chamber

Kurt Angle came out to announce the challengers in the Women's Elimination Chamber match. Alexa Bliss came out to complain that she had to defend her belt in the match and Lesnar didn't. Angle told her Lesnar defended his title at the Rumble and Alexa did not. He assumed that Alexa was backing out of the match and then left it up to the audience if Alexa should defend in the chamber and they agreed. Bliss claimed Kurt was sexist and left.

Asuka vs Bayley

Asuka won by pin fall

Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match: Apollo Crews vs the Miz

The Miz won by pin fall

Raw Tag Team Championship: Champions the Bar vs the Shield

The Bar won by DQ when Jason Jordan hit Cesaro to keep the champs from leaving

Nia Jax vs Jobber

Nia Jax quickly won by pin fall

Sonya Deville vs Mickie James

Mickie won by pin fall

Triple Threat Match: John Cena vs Elias vs Braun Strowman

Winner of this match enters the Elimination chamber last. Elias won by pin fall but was then attacked by Braun.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
lol "Bayley vs Asuka"

I love how Asuka is just going to bury everyone. Shocked to see Mickie going over Sonya given that is new talent but eh.
I'll watch the recap tomorrow and share my thoughts. This rate thread is 10/10 though... Even if I was sent to my room...
:okay:

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Pretty boring show.

Only thing worth noting is the main-event was good, glad to see Elias win and Strowman killing everybody was fun as usual.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
And lets have a look at RAW this week...

~ SKIP!!! but of course the Plank of Wood defeated Bray Wyatt...

~ You know WWE...its hard for anyone to build any momentum with the 50/50 booking...
just saying...

~ So...are we not addressing Sasha throwing Bayley out of the rumble like a sack of potatoes?

No? Okay...its not like anyone remembers that apart from me anyway.

~ Cruiserweights...IDGAF!

~ Okay...so let me see if I understand this set up...

Sasha, Bayley, Mickie, Sonya & Mandy are in the Chamber with Alexa...while Nia fights Asuka
for a chance to be added to the title match at Wrestlemania?

Okay...a few thoughts about this...situation...
+ I may still get my Asuka vs. Sasha Wrestlemania title match...
+ They don't want Nia in the chamber because they realize how dangerous she could be in
that kind of enviroment. Admit it...Nia is a botch queen & she is more dangerous than the
other ladies because of her size.
+ I really hope they aren't going for Asuka vs. Alexa at Wrestlemania because as we
have all seen...Alexa has no chemistry with anyone...apart from Becky & Sasha...but
that is more due to Becky & Sasha than Alexa.
+ The idea of Alexa retaining in the Chamber makes me feel sick to my stomach...
+ I'm shocked they actually mentioned Alexa not defending the title since October last year.
+ Shouldn't Alexa have been stripped of the title seeing as she hasn't defended it
for 119 days & counting?
+ Alexa...stop talking about Brock. Brock can at least work a great match & sell amazingly
well...unlike you. All you do is talk & look pretty...your like a real doll with a voice function.

~ And Asuka defeats Bayley...& you know they may use Asuka's "challenging option" to
move her to SmackDown soon.

She has defeated Emma (doesn't matter but still), Foxxy, Dana, Sasha, Mickie (in NXT)
Bayley & Alexa. Once she defeats Nia at the Elimination Chamber then who is really
left on RAW besides Mandy & Sonya?

In fact Asuka has already defeated Nia & Sonya (when she was know as Dario Berenato)
in televised title matches in NXT...so yeah...there isn't much left for Asuka to do on RAW.

Maybe we'll get Asuka vs. Charlotte with Asuka going over & moving to SmackDown while
Carmella cashes in on the RAW women's title match to move to RAW. Two title changes that
allow them to make two roster changes at the same time without waiting for the superstar
shake-up/draft.

I'd honestly be happy with that.

That also may explain why the SmackDown women's division is completely unbalanced
with 7 heels to 3 faces. They are simply waiting to get Asuka on the blue brand.

~ You know in a perfect world...the Miz would win the Universal title at Wrestlemania.

~ And the Plank of Wood gets to wrestle 2 matches on one night?! FUCKING BULSHIT! SKIP!

~ And Nia Jax vs. a Jobber? Again? After all this time? Really? What a fucking joke.

I really hope the WWE doesn't throw Asuka's streak away at the Elimination Chamber...
just like they did with Charlotte's pay per view at Fastlane last year.

Does anyone else remember that besides me?

Although honestly...I'd rather see Nia break Asuka's streak than Ronda.

~ So they have Sonya Deville defeat Sasha Banks in like 3 minutes...but then eat the
pin against Mickie James? 50/50 booking sucks!

Also...are we starting up the Alexa/Mickie Alliance again? Do I care? No...No I don't.

~ Awesome! Finn can still make the cut for the Elimination Chamber! That is Too Sweet!
Have him win that match & be the Demon in the Chamber please WWE.

~ Yes WWE! these are the kind of matches the Drifter needs to be winning! Push that man
to the moon!

And I'm done...

Also...Ronda...where are you? I mean you could have at least shown up & pointed at a
sign again.

Last edited:

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
  • not a huge fan of them just announcing the women's EC participants, maybe they should have just had matches to qualify as well. But I guess they had to do it quickly as the participants already got leaked or smth. I hope it comes down to Bliss and Sasha at Elimination Chamber and not an Absolution-type scenario because we all know they're not gonna win, so what's the point of them being in the final 3? It's just like in the rumble, the formula to having a great match ending is to have the most likely winners finish the match
  • I just realized that the Raw women's title match at Mania's probably still gonna be a multi-women deal like the years before so I'm guessing someone takes the title from Bliss at EC, Bliss gets her rematch at Mania, Asuka's in it regardless, so there you go
  • also, I can't believe that they went the sexist route with Bliss when she compared herself to Brock Lesnar good lord. When she said "is it because I'm just a woman?" I felt the obnoxious feminist that wrote this promo through Bliss' mouth and I almost dropped to the floor because I just wanted it to be over. Especially because a heel's a heel but nowadays WWE expects roles to change once it's about women empowerment and the crowd almost played up to it as well. All of a sudden Kurt's supposed to be the asshole because a main event attraction like Brock Lesnar doesn't need to defend his title but Alexa Bliss who'd never draw anything on her own besides a little fan meet up, does. The whole fake "argument" they had there was just a but dumb but it's ok, Kurt ended it on a high note with crowd participation but still.. that feminism line.. that was heavy.
  • the whole Jason Jordan thing is actually playing out pretty well imo, we as viewers feel just as disappointed by Jordan as Seth did and that's the emotional connection they have to capitalize on.
  • I'm amazed at how Elias is slowly but surely moving up the card on Raw. Ever since he debuted he's been a fun little Rock concert-type act but now he's actually been turning into a performer to be taken serious over the past couple of weeks.

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
It was a boring RAW. The ending with Elias winning was a nice touch, and brings it up to a solid 4.

Match #1: Reigns -vs- Wyatt. When was the last time Wyatt won anything? We know Reigns is going to WM to face Brock. Pointless match.
Match #2 : Revival -vs- Balor. Balor took a loss last week to Super Cena, this week it's his time to win.
Cruiserweights: Don't care, can Strowman come out and eat them please?
Elimination Chamber Reveal: didn't help that Kurt couldn't talk. The announcement lacked excitement.
Match #3: Asuka -vs- Bayley. Like they'd give Bayley the first victory over Asuka on RAW.
Match #4: Miz -vs- Crews. Grievous said in a perfect world Miz would win the title @ WM. In a perfect world, yes, but this is reality and Miz or Crews are just filler.
Match #5: The Bar -vs- Shield? It dawned on me during this match - what's the payoff or endgame with the little bastard 2.0? Does he prove himself and go over Rollins?
Match #6: SQUASH (is it fair to call it a squash match when Nia is of larger proportions?)
Match #7: Sonya -vs- Mickie. Meh.
Match #8: Triple Threat. A SURPRISE. Elias wins? What?!

Of all these matches, 1-3 & 6 were totally predictable
4 & 7 were pointless
5 was filler

Terrible raw.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
While not perfect, I personally didn'y think RAW was that bad and actually went as high as a 6/10. Thoughts:

- I find it funny how the announcers make it sound like Roman had the toughest task of them all in defeating Bray Wyatt when at the same time WWE have turned the latter to the Eater of Pins since...forever. Ok, we get it, Roman is the fucking Big Dog....sigh....

- Honestly, I just want to get this bullshit over and done with. Let Mania come around, let Roman win the fucking Universal title from Brock Lesnar, let Vince, Dunn and co shoot their cum in utter satisfaction and then perhaps we can all FINALLY move on.

~ You know WWE...its hard for anyone to build any momentum with the 50/50 booking...just saying...

- Indeed, screw 50/50 booking....talk about a momentum killer and more so in the case of The Revival...

- While I really liked the point Alexa Bliss tried to make (does make sense), yeah, the whole sexist thing was...meh...

- One has to wonder, what else does Nia Jax have to do in order to get a title shot? Sure, I can see what WWE are doing here but it still makes little sense how Jax is not included in the Elimination Chamber match. For a split second there I got worried they might put Asuka's guaranteed Mania title shot on the line just to spice things up but thankfully they didn't cause that would have been totally stupid. Oh, and of course Asuka is going over....

- Another week of good stuff with Jason Jordan, one of the few things WWE are doing right on a very consistant base.

- Nice rub for Elias in the main event which really tells you how high they think of him and rightfully so.

not a huge fan of them just announcing the women's EC participants, maybe they should have just had matches to qualify as well

Qualifying matches against...who? Asuka doesn't need to be in it for obvious reasons, Alicia Fox is injured, Paige likewise and then there's...Brooke? Aside from Nia Jax, whom they penciled in with Asuka in a seperate singles match, that's pretty much the entire division.

- Second Chance Fatal 4-WAY = nice cop out way for WWE to give Fin Balor his rightful spot in the Elimination Chamber...

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
- One has to wonder, what else does Nia Jax have to do in order to get a title shot? Sure, I can see what WWE are doing here but it still makes little sense how Jax is not included in the Elimination Chamber match. For a split second there I got worried they might put Asuka's guaranteed Mania title shot on the line just to spice things up but thankfully they didn't cause that would have been totally stupid. Oh, and of course Asuka is going over....
They don't want Nia in the Chamber because they don't have any
confidence in her as a worker...and its a dangerous enough match
as it is without Nia being awkward.

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
They don't want Nia in the Chamber because they don't have any
confidence in her as a worker...and its a dangerous enough match
as it is without Nia being awkward.

Yet they feed her a 17 yr old

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Yet they feed her a 17 yr old
Yeah...a nameless 17 year old jobber who
most likely signed a waiver before the match
so she could live out the dream of being on
WWE television.

I stand by my statement...Nia Jax is dangerous
& needs more time to develop her in-ring skills
& move set.

It has nothing to do with Nia's looks or Nia as
a person...its simply because of her size that
I believe she is a danger for the other women
to work with.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Qualifying matches against...who? Asuka doesn't need to be in it for obvious reasons, Alicia Fox is injured, Paige likewise and then there's...Brooke? Aside from Nia Jax, whom they penciled in with Asuka in a seperate singles match, that's pretty much the entire division.
oh wow yea you're right.. maybe it's time to call up NXT talent again I don't know. I mean, I generally knew they had a thin roster because the Rumble was basically half current roster talents and half returns/special appearances but damn, the fact that they can't even book 6 different matches with 1 women's roster is pretty unimpressive lol

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
oh wow yea you're right.. maybe it's time to call up NXT talent again I don't know. I mean, I generally knew they had a thin roster because the Rumble was basically half current roster talents and half returns/special appearances but damn, the fact that they can't even book 6 different matches with 1 women's roster is pretty unimpressive lol
If both Paige & Alicia Fox were healthy its possible that
they may have had some kind of qualifying match or matches...
but after Paige's neck gave out & Foxy "breaking her ass" before
the Rumble...the red brands numbers are down.

Its a shame they released Emma & Summer Rae when they did.

Idiots...

This entire situation is mess & I believe that the RAW division
is clearly taking priority over the SmackDown division...despite
the blue brand having overall the better in-ring workers.

Had Becky won the Rumble (like I wanted) then we'd know
the SmackDown match already & the Elimination Chamber PPV
could have had 2 matches involving the RAW women...the Chamber
match to decide a Wrestlemania title shot & Alexa could have
defended her title against whoever they left out of the E.C match
itself.

You could have had Asuka tear through the chamber looking like
a (sexy) caged beast while they could have put the title on Nia or
Sasha or whoever in the other singles match.

That way they could have set up whatever match they wanted
without it being a confusing mess.

But again...I'm just a no one from nowhere...so what do I know?

Also...this footage of Asuka...

I just feel it needs to seen by as many people as possible...

You're Welcome...

Last edited: