• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 8/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Honestly I enjoyed more than usual, I don't think I've enjoyed a Raw this much in quite a while. I loved the fact that Rollins wrestled for an hour, tbh the rest of the show was ok after the gauntlet but that gauntlet alone made it a show worth watching

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
I prefer WWE giving us good wrestling on a wrestling show. Let's face it, the segments they would of made if this match didn't happen, would of got shat on by people regardless. Wrestling fans are only happy when it rains.

I didn't like the gauntlet cuz it was different. I liked the gauntlet cuz it was good. Simple as that really
Say whatever you will, this was only a TACTIC, simple as that. The fact that WWE could have been making a match like this waaaaaaaayyyy before this Monday yet haven't plus didn't concentrate on fixing THE REST OF THE SHOW, means they were trying to hook people in and I can't lie it worked. However, let's see how far they go as they get closer Wrestlemania. Let's see if they're going to repeat gauntlet matches over and over and over whether it be the male talent, female talent or both. Yes you got your big wrestling tonight, WOOPTY FREAKIN' DOO. Will this be the case at Elimination Chamber?? Will they finally develop STORIES based on everyone's results from this gauntlet?? It is possible but more times than none, they'll continue to fucking drag their feet and bullshit before they get in tune with it. So again, my issue was not that these guys went out there and did a wrestling match (wow they are supposed to) but rather how will this all tie in or was this simply to kill time before the Sunday PPV??
200.gif

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Say whatever you will, this was only a TACTIC, simple as that. The fact that WWE could have been making a match like this waaaaaaaayyyy before this Monday yet haven't plus didn't concentrate on fixing THE REST OF THE SHOW, means they were trying to hook people in and I can't lie it worked. However, let's see how far they go as they get closer Wrestlemania. Let's see if they're going to repeat gauntlet matches over and over and over whether it be the male talent, female talent or both. Yes you got your big wrestling tonight, WOOPTY FREAKIN' DOO. Will this be the case at Elimination Chamber?? Will they finally develop STORIES based on everyone's results from this gauntlet?? It is possible but more times than none, they'll continue to fucking drag their feet and bullshit before they get in tune with it. So again, my issue was not that these guys went out there and did a wrestling match (wow they are supposed to) but rather how will this all tie in or was this simply to kill time before the Sunday PPV??
200.gif
U OK bro? Didn't think this was such a big deal.

I guess I don't see the same negatives as you. I just thought the gauntlet match was great and created interesting stories and dynamics. I mean I don't expect or would have another gauntlet match for a long time.

Btw When it comes to booking wrestling... Everything is a TACTIC. Its a tactical profession...

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Honestly, the gauntlet match to me, served its purpose. To showcase the talent, going into Elimination Chamber. Rollins is sublime as usual in there. But we got to see how Elias wrestles finally. We've seen his work before, but I mean, this gauntlet match put him on the spotlight which he needed the most. I say the same for Balor. The only boring part is the women's match. Sorry, but true. Everything else was top notch.

The Miz was priceless in there. He looked scared in there like a lil bitch, and gets destroyed by Braun Strowman. Not even the Miztourage could help him. They got destroyed, too.

I don't believe I even implied the match wasn't good. I enjoyed the entire thing and it was nice to see something different. But you can't give the writers credit for that, it's 100% the wrestlers. Rollins was amazing. Just because I think the writers are lazy, that doesn't mean at all that I think the wrestlers are. However, telling the wrestlers to just go out and wrestle for two hours is easy on the writers because the wrestlers are doing all of the work. And yes, the wrestlers did a superb job.

Reactions: Death Walker

Death Walker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
U OK bro? Didn't think this was such a big deal.

I guess I don't see the same negatives as you. I just thought the gauntlet match was great and created interesting stories and dynamics. I mean I don't expect or would have another gauntlet match for a long time.

Btw When it comes to booking wrestling... Everything is a TACTIC. Its a tactical profession...
Am I okay?? What the fuck is wrong with ya'll on here lately?? Every time someone voice a strong opinion, ya'll best comeback is "Are you ok??" Really?? So, I have to have a mental issue or something wrong with me to voice a different opinion. I never asked for you to reply, you chose to. I have a right to voice my opinion and you either agree or disagree just like you have a right to voice your opinion and I can either agree or disagree. You CHOSE to reply to my post and now because I respond back there's "something" wrong with me?? WTF?? Maybe I should be asking if you're okay. MY opinion of the gauntlet match was that it was okay for now, it was a good moment for WWE this year so far. It created stories.......which are going to be used?? I think not. This is more of the repeated crap WWE dish out. They barely complete anything, but they sure do know how to start things. They know that based on the ratings and the ticket sales that they needed to come up with something different. So yeah, of course they pull a gauntlet match out of their ass.

Btw, when it comes to booking wrestling, ok, listen I KNOW THAT EVERYTHING IS A TACTIC (or atleast just about everything), the point was most of ya'll are eating it up like "OMG we had a great match on Raw!". NO SHIT, They're supposed to give us great matches AND they have been but very rarely which is terrible. All I'M saying is, they have to do more before I'm convinced they understand what is necessary for all true-hearted WWE fans to enjoy week after week, PPV after PPV. MY OPINION.

And yes, wrestling is nice to have in a wrestling business..........BUT THIS IS ALSO AN ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS, YOU NEED BOTH AND THEY HAVE TO BE WELL-BALANCED.

Last edited:

Death Walker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
I don't believe I even implied the match wasn't good. I enjoyed the entire thing and it was nice to see something different. But you can't give the writers credit for that, it's 100% the wrestlers. Rollins was amazing. Just because I think the writers are lazy, that doesn't mean at all that I think the wrestlers are. However, telling the wrestlers to just go out and wrestle for two hours is easy on the writers because the wrestlers are doing all of the work. And yes, the wrestlers did a superb job.
Exactly. What is wrong with everybody not understanding this?? MY only issue was the end result being Strowman destroying Miz for the win as the last entrant because I would have preferred him either second to last to enter or maybe make him the 4th entrant of the gauntlet. THAT. IS. ALL.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Am I okay?? What the fuck is wrong with ya'll on here lately?? Every time someone voice a strong opinion, ya'll best comeback is "Are you ok??" Really?? So, I have to have a mental issue or something wrong with me to voice a different opinion. I never asked for you to reply, you chose to. I have a right to voice my opinion and you either agree or disagree just like have a right to voice your opinion and I can either agree or disagree. You CHOSE to reply to my post and now because I respond back there's "something" wrong with me?? WTF?? Maybe I should be asking if you're okay. MY opinion of the gauntlet match was that it was okay for now, it was a good moment for WWE this year so far. It created stories.......which are going to be used?? I think not. This is more of the repeated crap WWE dish out. They barely completely anything, but they sure do know how to start things. They know that based on the ratings and the ticket sales that they needed to come up with something different. So yeah, of course they pull a gauntlet match out of their ass.

Btw, when it comes to booking wrestling, ok, listen I KNOW THAT EVERYTHING IS A TACTIC (or atleast just about everything), the point was most of ya'll are eating it up like "OMG we had a great match on Raw!". NO SHIT, They're supposed to give us great matches AND they have been but very rarely which is terrible. All I'M saying is, they have to do more before I'm convinced they understand what is necessary for all true-hearted WWE fans to enjoy week after week, PPV after PPV. MY OPINION.

And yes, wrestling is nice to have in a wrestling business..........BUT THIS IS ALSO AN ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS, YOU NEED BOTH AND THEY HAVE TO BE WELL-BALANCED.

I've been noticing that too lately in regards to people doing the "Are you okay" insinuation. Everyone, let's cut down on implying something is wrong with someone else just because their opinion is different. That's insulting and unnecessary.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
No I wasn't asking "r u OK?" cuz he has a different opinions. I'm OK with people having different opinions lol. I was just surprised how emotional the topic was getting. I really don't see how this topic is a big deal. So that's why I asked r u OK. It was a response towards the discussion going from 0 to 100 real quick.

I'm not preventing people expressing there opinions lol. I literally said " I guess I don't see the same negatives as you" afterwards. So I guess you misinterpreted me.

Let's keep it real and take a chill pill

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I'm going to do this. This is directed towards everyone. From this post on, talk about Raw, not each other. Don't respond to this post trying to clarify your opinions or attitudes. If you don't have something to say about Raw, then don't post in the thread.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I think the gauntlet match had many storyline aspects and has set up future story's. The match hadn't got a reason, but it was still enriched with story.

1) John Cena- no longer big match john? Elimination chamber is a must win for Cena.

2) Seth proves what he said last week. He is Mr Monday night. Plus he gets payback over roman eliminating him in the Rumble.

3) Elias takes advantage of a exhausted Seth. This is exactly what he is gonna be doing at the chamber. He's the last mofo in the match after all.

4) Setting up a Miz and Balor feud. Mizterage heavily interfere in the match. This means the outnumbered Finn may need to call on he's good brothers for backup.

5) see how destructive Braun was? Imagine him in a elimination chamber. Absolute carnage.

All this under an umbrella of the WrestleMania main event at stake. Too bad its obvious Roman is fucking winning.

After watching the match, I saw someone else point this out and mention how this was perfect wrestling writing. We forget often that wrestling writing is supposed to take place around wrestling matches, and also that stuff like that gives the wrestlers themselves more to chew on so you get awesome motivation and action like you did today.

Sure, there was the "plant the seed of doubt" trope with Roman that never works (Now he's the underdog! Bet he won't win now do ya?) That they do every month, but Rollins pinning him is instant credibility. Especially if Roman Wins the title by pinning Super Lesnar, Rollins has had his number pretty consistently through the years, even ending his last coronation. When Rollins is announced as #1 contender we'll remember this, and not jobbing to Bray fucking Wyatt

John Cena is officially Hiroshi Tanahashi. He's still (kayfabe) great and resilient but he's getting up there in years, and Rollins could survive all of Cena's super offense because 100% of prime Rollins is better than 90% of old man Cena. (Though this whole "I may not have a Mania match" crap needs to stop)

As you say, Elias is number 6 in the chamber and picked the bones of a winded opponent who fought the top two dogs in the company for an hour. He could sneak a pin on Cena even if Cena's been battling Reigns and Strowman forever, in theory

Finn Balor got some shine and a built-in feud with Miz as you say, and Miz's shenanigans felt special and gave him some heat tonight but made you feel like Balor could get some payback if say, those two start 1 and 2 and the goons are out on the outside.

Then Braun killed dudes because YEAAAAHHHH WOOOOO!!!!

Add in stuff like getting us talking, making us tune in next week, making these guys feel much more individual, etc, and this was written almost perfectly. It was really good. And while it would have been better had they announced like the winner could kick a guy out of the Chamber (which Strowman would refuse to do, which would confuse modern day fans but still)

Reactions: alexb