Rashad Evans: 'I Have More Respect for Rampage Than I Do for Jon Jones'

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans had a lot to say in an interview with ESPN radio last night at the UFC Fighter Summit. Most of the content was in regards to his beef with current champion Jon Jones, but he also touched on a variety of other subjects that he hasn't addressed in the media until today.

On his twitter war with Jones:

"Yeah I was gettin' into it. I like to talk, and I was gettin' real excited about it. There were a lot of things that made me mad about the whole situation so...I definitely wanted to address a few things."

On going back to Jackson's:

"No, I will not be going back to Jackson's. I'll never go back to Jackson's. Wait, because I don't want to go back there I'm not goin to say never, I'm just gonna say I'm not going back."

The contrast between Jones and UFC 133 opponent Phil Davis:

"[They are] a lot different. Jon is more confident. Jon will throw something, and just believe it's going to hit 100%. Phil is still at the point where he's unsure."

On where he'll train:

"I'ma do a little bit in Florida, I'ma do some in Arizona, and I'ma try to get up to New York City and do some training."

What about Grudge Training Center in Colorado, a place that Rashad has frequented in the past?

"Great team out there. Nate Marquardt, Shane Carwin, Brendan Schaub, Duane Ludwig. It's like family out there, but the thing about that is ... they're like team-affiliated with Jackson. I don't want to put them in a position where they feel like they train with me and having to choose because of the way things are."

On close friend Keith Jardine:

"Me and Jardine are still tight. Jardine has his own gym out there, you know. And I said if I'm gonna go back out there and train, it'd be at his gym."

He's only seen Jon Jones once since Jone sustained his injury, at a party before UFC 129:

"I seen him in Toronto and walked by him and he looked at me and said "What you lookin' at?' and I said "What you lookin' at?" Then he said "You a clown!" and I said "You a clown!" and that was it....it was nothing."

And finally, on the subject of how well he knows Jon Jones and who he has more animosity towards, Jones or Quinton "Rampage" Jackson:

"Jon will put on his Jon Jones hat when he's in front of the media, but I know Jon Jones," Evans said. "I have more respect for 'Rampage' [Jackson] than I do for Jon. At least Rampage will be like 'this is me, this is what you get.' He's straight up, boom. I don't like that sneaky, sneaky stuff. Jon is like sneaky. Snake ... snake."

Pretty intense stuff from Rashad there.