• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rank this series: Child's Play/Chucky

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Child's Play: B+
Child's Play 2: B-
Child's Play 3: C
Bride of Chucky:: B-
Seed of Chucky: F-

1 > 2 = Bride > 3 > Seed

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Not giving letter grades, just my thoughts...

1. Child's Play 2 - One of my favourite direct horror film sequels and a movie that I think surpasses the original, if only slightly.
2. Child's Play - The original is everything a horror film should be with the added bonus of being relatively unique for the time.
3. Bride of Chucky - They shot a lot of it near where I live but besides that its pretty amusing and certainly worth a watch.
4. Seed of Chucky - John Waters cameo is enough to make this less than the worst.
5. Child's Play 3 - Brutal on every level possible, a total abomination and an unbelievably depressing film.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Child's Play - A one of a kind. I loved this movie and can still watch it.
Child's Play 2 - Very well done for a sequel. To me it is just as good as the original.
Child's Play 3 - God awful and all of those involved should be ashamed of themselves.
Bride of Chucky - I didn't think it could get any worse for this franchise after the third, my how I was wrong. I wanted to stab my eyes out watching this. The only thing that stopped me was Katherine Heigl looking damn good.
Seed of Chucky - See what I said about Bride, and then multiply it by about 100. This was the final nail in the coffin for the series. The last 3 have made me hate the series with a passion.

If I was going to rate the series as a whole out of all five of them together, I would give it 2/5 stars. And the first two are for the first two movies.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Child's Play - A one of a kind. I loved this movie and can still watch it.
Child's Play 2 - Very well done for a sequel. To me it is just as good as the original.
Child's Play 3 - God awful and all of those involved should be ashamed of themselves.
Bride of Chucky - I didn't think it could get any worse for this franchise after the third, my how I was wrong. I wanted to stab my eyes out watching this. The only thing that stopped me was Katherine Heigl looking damn good.
Seed of Chucky - See what I said about Bride, and then multiply it by about 100. This was the final nail in the coffin for the series. The last 3 have made me hate the series with a passion.

If I was going to rate the series as a whole out of all five of them together, I would give it 2/5 stars. And the first two are for the first two movies.

Not giving letter grades, just my thoughts...

1. Child's Play 2 - One of my favourite direct horror film sequels and a movie that I think surpasses the original, if only slightly.
2. Child's Play - The original is everything a horror film should be with the added bonus of being relatively unique for the time.
3. Bride of Chucky - They shot a lot of it near where I live but besides that its pretty amusing and certainly worth a watch.
4. Seed of Chucky - John Waters cameo is enough to make this less than the worst.
5. Child's Play 3 - Brutal on every level possible, a total abomination and an unbelievably depressing film.

Everybody loves CP3 xD.

Reaction score
Ranked in order of interest:

1. Child's Play 2 - One of the more fun slasher sequels out there. They really captured what the series should be - gory deaths, funny one liners and not taking itself too serious.

2. Bride of Chucky - After the mess of Child's Play 3, the Chucky series came back in a huge way with this movie. The best part was that they brought the series back from death and made it fun for the mainstream audiences again. The addition of Jennifer Tilly as Chucky's wife was a great move to offer something a little different than just the same thing we've seen in the last two movies.

3. Child's Play - A very different movie from the others in the series. It plays out more as a thriller with the spotlight being on Andy's mom instead of on the wisecracking Chucky. It's a good movie, but Chucky sells the series. To downplay him makes it less fun for me.

4. Seed of Chucky - This movie doesn't get enough respect. More Jennifer Tilly action means more fun. The addition of Glen does turn the series into more of a comedy geared horror series, but as long as it's fun, I'm fine with that.

5. Child's Play 3 - This is only good for Chucky's one liners as all of the good guys are unlikable. While Child's Play 2 is a blueprint for how horror sequels should be, Child's Play 3 is an example of how most turn out.