PWG: Kurt RusselReunion 3!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
We are pleased to formally announce that Pro Wrestling Guerrilla will be taking part in WrestleReunion VI in Los Angeles, CA on Sunday, January 29, 2012 with Kurt Russellreunion 3. Sure, we've known about it for a while, and it's been up on their site for a month now, and actually, we've already announced a couple matches for it, but consider this the official announcement.

With that out of the way, we are also pleased to formally announce that tickets for Kurt Russellreunion 3 are now available on the WrestleReunion VI website!

Please note, this is a matinee event with a 1PM start time. The Meet & Greet begins at 12PM.

Kurt Russellreunion 3 is scheduled to feature:

Six-Man Tag Team Never-In-Your-Wildest-Dreams Match II
Super Dragon, Kevin Steen, & Akira Tozawa vs. El Generico, "The Man That Gravity Forgot" PAC, & Masato Yoshino

Dream Tag Team Match
Blood Warriors (CIMA & Ricochet) vs. RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)

Singles Match
Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Roderick Strong

Tag Team Rematch
American Wolves (Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

Singles Match
Naruki Doi vs. Willie Mack

Singles Match
BxB Hulk vs. Jimmy Susumu (formerly Susumu Yokosuka)

Plus, the legendary Mascarita Dorada will be in action!

Last edited by a moderator:

Castiel

Reaction score
Re: PWG: Kurt ReusselReunion 3!

Huge 6 man tag action, strong booking for Mack and RockNES, the return of the one and only Akira Tozawa. What else could you ask for? And this card is just getting started! There's much more to come!

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Jimmy Susumu?

And besides the main event, huge meh as far as I'm concerned.

Castiel

Reaction score

Too much of trying to just mix in Dragon Gate to make it look big?

Reaction score
Basically, this show sucks. If I wanted to see a show filled with Dragon Gate, I'd bother to watch DGUSA. We have brand new PWG tag champions. Are we going to see them defend the belts? Nope. Well, what about El Generico? Maybe he'll have his first PWG World Title defense for the first time since 2007? Nope. At least with Tozawa back, we're going to see him kicking the Young Bucks' ass. Wait, we're not?

I do thank PWG for giving me a reason to skip one of their DVD's though.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Pretty much what he said.

I mean, the main looks awesome thanks to the mix of talent involved, but the rest of the card is nothing more than the usual PWG/popular US indy card we've been getting for years now.

Castiel

Reaction score
I still like how Mack/RockNES are booked and think we're going to get some good matches from this but only mixing in Dragon Gate doesn't really make this look special all. Instead of Kurt RussellReunion 3 this should just be called some kind of PWG/DG supershow. Then it might not be such a problem I guess. And yes, the booking of the main event is pretty fucked, but it should still be a good match. I'm sure we're going to see the Bucks and Tozawa brawl a bit post main event leading to a big match between Tozawa/Steen and them next show though.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Super Dragon, Kevin Steen, and Akira Tozawa on one team? May god have mercy on the souls of Generico, PAC, and Masato Yoshino.

Seriously, that sounds like an awesome match even though the only guy I'm unfamiliar with Masato Yoshino.

RockNES match sounds good, as does Willie Mack's match.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I mark so hard for Yoshino. And Dragon, Steen, Tozawa & Generico. Not Pac so much but he's still good.

Yeah, loving the main event.