Punk Handcuffs Lillian, Phoenix-Kharma Feud, Former Writers opinion on new WHC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
After Sunday’s WWE TLC pay-per-view went off the air, CM Punk continued to celebrate by thrusting his arm into the air from atop the ladder to keep the crowd going. He then took a leisurely lap around ringside to interact with fans.

When Punk passed Lillian Garcia, he applied the open end of his handcuff to her arm (much to her surprise it seemed) and with a huge smile on his face led her into the back. She seemed slightly embarrassed, but amused.

Divas champion Beth Phoenix mentioned Kharma in a tweet last night after TLC. Phoenix wrote:

“I’m not afraid of anyone or anything. I don’t believe in Kharma. I believe in me, myself, and I.”

Natalya has since chimed in with the following:

“@TheBethPhoenix … Not even @kharma can break us. Pinup strong forever.”

Former WWE creative team member Seth Mates says if history is any indication – we shouldn’t expect a long title reign from new World Heavyweight champion Daniel Bryan. Mates tweeted on Monday afternoon @SethMates:

“To borrow a holiday metaphor, this is the time of year (between Survivor Series and the Royal Rumble) when Vince (McMahon) ‘tries on’ his new clothes or new main eventers.”
“Foley (99), Jericho (01), Evolution (03), Edge (06), Sheamus (09), Miz (10), Bryan (11) among those elevated during this stretch of (the year). And to continue with the bad holiday metaphor, Vince has (until) Royal Rumble undercard to return them if they don’t fit just right. Also, Jeff Hardy in ’08 – almost forgot him.”
“So don’t be surprised if Bryan loses the title at (Royal Rumble). Not a dealbreaker…just Vince’s history with change.”

Reactions: Roadster

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I agree to be honest, I doubt he'll be champ tilL Mania. That's why they didn't go through with the wrestlemania cash in. Disappointing really.

Yeah they just don't have the confidence in him.
That must be such a bad feeling for DB :(

Reactions: Roadster

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Well hopefully he'll do well with his current run, Vince always changes his mind. Don't see how the article is including Miz in that article though, he was champion for like 4-6 months wasn't he? Then won at Mania.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I don't see why he mentioned Miz or Sheamus in the article miz held it for roughly 6 months and sheamus got about a 3 month reign didn't he? I can't see him holding it to mania but who will carry it in? Smackdown doesn't have too many options really. I can see this mania being a transitional mania since everyone knows Rock Cena is going to be a huge draw.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Yeah Sheamus did get 3 months, god I hated those months. Agreed, SmackDown main event won't matter at Mania at all. RAW ME and mainly Rock v Cena is the draw. I see Bryan v Orton v Barret or something. Winner of the rumble I'm feeling will be a SD Superstar (unless who I want to win it wins it, Miz). Difficult, but I hope Bryan doesn't drop it yet. But it looks as if Bryan will be face throughout, after Big Shows promo tonight (apologies if I'm spoiling, it's not really a spoil though because it's not clear cut.)

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Yeah Sheamus did get 3 months, god I hated those months. Agreed, SmackDown main event won't matter at Mania at all. RAW ME and mainly Rock v Cena is the draw. I see Bryan v Orton v Barret or something. Winner of the rumble I'm feeling will be a SD Superstar (unless who I want to win it wins it, Miz). Difficult, but I hope Bryan doesn't drop it yet. But it looks as if Bryan will be face throughout, after Big Shows promo tonight (apologies if I'm spoiling, it's not really a spoil though because it's not clear cut.)

Miz could win and challenge Bryan I suppose. There is alot of history there plus the WWE is very keen on Miz. So have him be the top heel on Smackdown kinda like they did with Orton in 2005. I can't see many other options then bringing another a raw wrestler over.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Well the biggest speculation is around Sheamus or Barret, many think they'll win it. Personally Kane would be a good one if he goes for Taker. Really excited because I can't begin to predict the winner. Last year I knew ADR would win, year before that I read spoilers of Edge's return so knew Edge would win.