[Prototype] - Released: June 9th, 2009

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
prototype.jpg

Advertisement for Activison's & Radical Entertainments (also the people who gave us the Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction) next big hit is all over the place. Youtube, Myspace, and on dozens of websites. This game looks kickass, but I haven't got any hands~on play what so ever. Here's some impressive videos though.

[YT]83mknP1pmPA[/YT]
The free running looks badass, and the evolving of the city also looks just as badass. His sister looks emo as hell, and the only negative is that it prompts players to go wild with all the powers, but the whole gaining memories, and putting pieces together just makes it seems like I'm going to have to slow down, and play the game over.
[YT]7tH-IAHwrgg&feature[/YT]
I must say it does look too familiar to the Hulk videogame, or Spiderman, but it does also seem much more story drvien.
[YT]54_yOqZ6Ieg&NR[/YT]
Looks like a good time though. Anyways, does this look like a better buy than UFC Undisputed?

Nation

infamous has a better story and graphics but this game looks good because it's so brutal.

This Guy

I would appreciate any actual opinions from someone who has played Prototype. I'm really intrested in this one.

btman

Reaction score
This is a BRIEF review after playing Prototype for 3 hours...

Compared to inFamous if you've seen or played it...

The stories better in inFamous, the cities bigger in inFamous, the graphics are better in inFamous, travelling the city is funner in inFamous (climbing/grinding > wall running and flying), you feel more human in inFamous, inFamous has the karma system and people in the city run up to you and ask for help and such... There is no auto-lock so targetting who you want is pretty easy if you can aim lol.

Killing is better in Prototype, # of awesome powers and shit is better in prototype, variety in enemies is better in Prototype, travelling the city is faster in Prototype, you have no soul in Prototype, has a "cop" system like GTA where if you walk around with claw hands or start killing stuff... the police will start attacking, military will send in air strikes etc... Since massive amounts of enemies attack you its hard to target certain enemies since the target system is also like GTA...

... Umm Prototype has a BUNCH of upgrades... Some of them cost a whole lot of "points" which you get from missions and killing people and basically causing havoc... But yeah it will definitely take a lot longer to become maxxed out crack addict Alex Mercer then I originally thought..

And the game is gory as hell which is awesome.

I'm going to bed but if you want more info feel free to ask and I'll answer when I can get around to it...

So far both games are worth buying IMO I wouldn't choose one over the other.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

This game should be banned. Its amazing how much was recycled from Ultimate Destruction. Lazy devs

Story=Shit
Graphics=Super shit
Gameplay=OMEGA CLUSTERFUCK SHIT
A.I.=Blue SHITHEADS

Wordlife

^wow Stinger you pretty much summed up what I was going to say in a few words. I'm actually on my way to sell it at gamestop and get something new, I really don't like this game

Nation

This game should be banned. Its amazing how much was recycled from Ultimate Destruction. Lazy devs

Story=Shit
Graphics=Super shit
Gameplay=OMEGA CLUSTERFUCK SHIT
A.I.=Blue SHITHEADS

Don't know what your talking about. Prototype has a lot of abilities that aren't recycled but other then that your right. I also love how know one notices when you take over people. That fact alone hurts the game a lot. It's fucking Blue. There can be a group of people and you can just go up and take over someone and no one will notice.

This Guy

Thanks for all the feedback guys, sounds like this one will get rented first before buying....if buying at all.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
So should I spend my sixty bones on UFC Undisputed? Honestly, I really thought this game would be a fun ride. I enjoyed the Hulk but it did have its faults.

btman

Reaction score
Don't know what your talking about. Prototype has a lot of abilities that aren't recycled but other then that your right. I also love how know one notices when you take over people. That fact alone hurts the game a lot. It's fucking Blue. There can be a group of people and you can just go up and take over someone and no one will notice.

People don't really notice no, with the stealth absorbtion... But thats the point of it. But would it matter if they did? All they would do is run away just like they do when you don't do it stealthy... And eventually police or military notice. I'd hate to be on the run 24/7 on this game because every prick with a cell phone gets the military on me.

This game is better and quite different from Hulk. Its like how people are saying inFamous is a better version of Crackdown. This has MANY superior qualities.

LadyHotrod

It's not a horrible game and it's fun to be able to run around freely and kill everyone you see but it's a very repetative game and even the random killing sprees get boring. It's basically go kill people, consume someone, destroy a military base....plus, you are stuck in New York City the entire game and they didn't make the place look interesting in any way possible. They made NYC look so bland.

The controls can be a bit irritating as well, especially when you are doing an event and you turn one way and your character goes the other way.

The graphics reminded me of PS2. You would figure that a PS3 game would have amazing graphics, which would have resulted in a far more interesting New York City. The Hunters are rip offs of the Lickers from Resident Evil, minus the long tongue and plus the huge size difference.

Some of the trophies are hard to get/take forever to get. You have to kill over 53,000 people to get one of the trophies. That is fucking ridiculous. You'd have to play forever to do that and I don't have forever to play this game. Also, some of the events are incredibly hard to get a gold medal (one trophy is for getting a gold medal in every event).

This game is the type of game you want to play through once just to complete the story and find out what happens, IF you don't get bored before you finish it. Besides that, you will probably never play it again. Some of the missions are ridiculously hard. I played the game on normal. I can just imagine how hard it is on the hard setting. Not every mission was impossible but the further you got in the game, the harder it was.

The characters aren't really that likeable. Alex is okay, I guess, but nothing special.

Rental.