'Preacher' gets Pilot Order

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The comic series by Vertigo (a DC Imprint) titled 'Preacher' that lived from 1995-2000 about a Preacher who was possessed by a supernatural creature has been turned into a TV script by 'Breaking Bad' writer, Sam Catlin.. A pilot episode has now been ordered by AMC, the duo of Evan Goldberg & Seth Rogen have been chosen to direct it.

b9d8ae0d579e741d35f8c603262b8472.png

I've only read a few of the 66 issues of 'Preacher' so I don't know much about it but it definitely seems like something AMC would be interested in having, given the success of 'The Walking Dead' and all.

I'm a big fan of lesser known comic book series getting a TV/Film adaptation such as this, 'Constantine', 'Priest', 'Watchmen', 'Suicide Squad', 'Guardians of the Galaxy' etc.. 'Constantine' the movie and TV show ended up pretty decent from what I've seen so far so I'm hoping this ends up being pretty cool for a couple of seasons.