Poll: Which ECW Wrestler Was Better?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which ECW Wrestler Was Better

• Rob Van Dam

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Taz

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Tommy Dreamer

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Sabu

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Rob Van Dam does the same shit every match as well, contradiction. Sabu was the innovator who brought tables to the US, he was the guy who anchored ECW during it's 95 peak. He was also a guy who was a very good technical wrestler before his supposed fans just wanted him moonsaulting tables, He could have good matches with damn near anyone, he pulled a good match out of Big Show and Angle in WWECW, when Rob Van Dam couldn't do jack shit with the same guys.

RVD in ECW wasn't the watered down, 5 moves of doom in WWE and TNA though, he was an innovator and probably the best spotmonkey to ever lace boots.

Agree on Sabu tho, sure he got shit for all the botches but he could hang with the best of them. Him vs Rey on one of the One Night Stand PPvs was great until they nearly killed each other with the table botch.

Not a fan of his no selling, but at least he's a legit enough tough guy to pull it off, unlike that 5ft pussy Davey Richards.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Sabu was predictable? Thats an unfunny joke, predictable how? By actually scaring stupid fans? By doing spots that that worked so well they were stolen by everybody?

And Sabu being sloppy as shit is the whole fucking point of his character, he is a wildman, him being fluid would be stupid. That and he loved working smarks into saying "you fucked up" because he liked proving they weren't so smart.

That makes no sense, he intentionally fucked up to make people chant that he fucked up. I'm sure if he could have gone 2 seconds without botching something he would have.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
RVD in ECW wasn't the watered down, 5 moves of doom in WWE and TNA though, he was an innovator and probably the best spotmonkey to ever lace boots.
Agree on Sabu tho, sure he got shit for all the botches but he could hang with the best of them. Him vs Rey on one of the One Night Stand PPvs was great until they nearly killed each other with the table botch.

Not a fan of his no selling, but at least he's a legit enough tough guy to pull it off, unlike that 5ft pussy Davey Richards.

Was going to be my next point. The Mr Monday Night stuff was awesome.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
I just picked four ECW names off the top of my head man.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
That makes no sense, he intentionally fucked up to make people chant that he fucked up. I'm sure if he could have gone 2 seconds without botching something he would have.

Sabu said this himself, Raven said this too, it wasn't something that he just did. Alot of guys would pretend to botch to prove that those supposed smart fans didn't know shit. You do realize most workers still do this kind of shit regularly and use Twitter to work the most gullible of fans, the ones who think they know everything.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Don't you think that is just a excuse they come up with later to cover themselves. Maybe the Sabu one is true, but I don't see it being common.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Thats just Blue though either way, pretend you fuck up to play the smarks. Sounds like he's just a dbag and doesn't care if his match ends up shit.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Thats just Blue though either way, pretend you fuck up to play the smarks. Sounds like he's just a dbag and doesn't care if his match ends up shit.

That, or he it gets boring doing about 4-5 matches a week and you look for ways to entertain yourself and pop the boys in the back. Do you honestly think wrestlers give a fuck about every single match? There is another tomorrow and the day after that. Jeez even Mick Foley would do weird shit in a match or say random shit in a promo just to fuck with people. This is pretty common, one would think some hardcore fans would've picked up on this by now, or atleast remember hearing about it from a wrestler on a podcast or documentary.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Still stupid...I build houses everyday, if I get bored I don't leave a doorway out or cut a rafter so it'll snap when someone stands on it for giggles...just a lame reason all round in my opinion.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Difference:
Trolling in the construction business results in serious injury and/or financial strain on your consumer. = Loss
Trolling in the entertainment business gets you heat. = Profit

Btw. What about Raven? With the lack of him, I vote Sabu.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Still stupid...I build houses everyday, if I get bored I don't leave a doorway out or cut a rafter so it'll snap when someone stands on it for giggles...just a lame reason all round in my opinion.

You equating a real job with consequences with pro-wrestling is stupid in my opinion. It's a match, it doesn't mean shit. A poorly built house could result in a collapsed house. Whats to equate here?

You think way too much of match quality, that or you just don't like the fact that wrestlers don't hold smarks in high regard. Wrestlers have to have matches damn near every day, shits going to get boring every once in awhile, so you try shit to entertain yourself. It's like a improv take in films.