Paul Heyman talks Cody Rhodes, MJF

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
paul-heyman-wwejpg.jpg

Source: f4wonline.com

Paul Heyman has commented on Cody Rhodes leaving AEW and MJF openly discussing his free agency in 2024.

Heyman appeared on the MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani on Wednesday. He was asked about MJF, who recently appeared on the show last week as well.

"He's very good at what he does and he's very young. He has a big future ahead of him," Heyman said.

He was then asked if he thought MJF's comments about becoming a free agent in 2024 was "bad business."

"From his perspective, no. In his position, no. Where he's working right now, no. Where he wants to work in the future, no, it's not bad business at all. For what he obviously views his trajectory to be, for what he obviously views his future to be, not bad business at all. Pretty smart, I might even say."

"Right now, he's in a very enviable spot in an upstart promotion that has tremendous financing and excellent distribution."

Heyman was also asked if he was "shocked" that Cody Rhodes left AEW.

"In some aspects, yes, and in some aspects, no," Heyman responded.

"He's one of the founders of the company. A lot of it is his concept, a lot of the initial phase was on him. Cody always had a vision to fill the boots of his father not just in the ring but behind the scenes. The fact that he didn't have the level of participation in decision-making that he initially probably thought, this is speculation on my end, I never heard this from Cody. But just seeing the manner in which the creative end of that company grew, it doesn't surprise me that at some point he was going to say, 'Not what I originally envisioned and I want to see what life is like elsewhere.'"

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
"From his perspective, no. In his position, no. Where he's working right now, no. Where he wants to work in the future, no, it's not bad business at all. For what he obviously views his trajectory to be, for what he obviously views his future to be, not bad business at all. Pretty smart, I might even say."
Yeah, like a young rookie phenom putting up monster numbers saying he want's a new contract.....it's normal.