Orton speaks on Rock/Cena

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

King_Ash

Reaction score
Thats my new fav DD pic, knocking Mickie's red leather pic down to no.2

Nate 2

Reaction score
my god she's gorgeous...by far my favourite looking Diva (and in my top 3 in general) ever...

kvin469

Reaction score
awesome pic i'd love to see her nude instead of diva's we've already seen

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The following is an excerpt from a Randy Orton interview with ESPN.com:

Robinson: The Rock recently came back to WWE. What do you think of his return so far, and what can we expect to happen when he's actually live on Raw this Monday and he's finally inside the same ring as John Cena and The Miz?

Orton: That's an interesting topic. I know them both and I know Cena a lot better than I know The Rock, obviously, but I've been in the ring with both cutting promos and wrestling. I have to say, though, talking about the whole ring rust thing, John Cena has had about 2,000 matches in the last seven years. The Rock? A big, fat zero. So when it comes to ring rust, I don't care what type of athlete you are, and The Rock is obviously an athletic dude, but Cena has been in the ring. He's been at every show and in every show and making appearances and he has been on the road with the WWE over 300 days a year for the last seven years. The Rock? Virtually nonexistent. You see the interviews that The Rock does and he says that he doesn't want to be known as a wrestler. He doesn't want to be known as a sports entertainer or a performer with WWE or a WWE superstar. He wants to be known as an actor. Now all of a sudden he's back in our world telling the fans what they want to hear. He's telling them, "I promise that I will never go away again. I promise that I'm back for good and that I'm here to stay." He said that, what, six or seven weeks ago? Have we even seen him live since then? No. Via satellite. I think Cena will own The Rock. I think Cena is wittier and can go off the cuff. Cena writes his own stuff, while The Rock has stuff written for him. It just all comes down to who you are in the ring and what kind of performer you are in the ring, and I think Cena is 10 times the performer in the ring that The Rock is. This Monday in Chicago, he'll prove it.
Well damn don't seem like Orton is exactly happy that The Rock is back and didn't hold anything back per usual, lol.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I don't think Randy dislikes the Rock. I do think he dislikes the shadow that Rock and Austin casted over him, Cena, Brock, and Dave's class and still do to this day. The fact is Randy needs Cena to outshine the Rock and Dave does as well if he were to return down the line because it might change a few minds of people who always say, they are great but they are no Rock, Austin, and Attitude era guy. He needs to root for him to step his game up and go after Rock on the mic or hold his own, so that he can win the battle for their generation against the past one. Nothing more, nothing less.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Eh idk about Cena being in their shadow. That whole class maybe but I think Cena is at the point where everyone respects that this has been his era.

Kylie

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with everything that Orton has just said. He's hit the nail on the head.

AF.

Reaction score
Like how he held nothing back there, some good words spoken.

John Cena is nowhere near The Rock's level though, they can make him look good out of this feud if they want to.