OMB Presents: NWA Respect, Revive, Redeem!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
btb.jpg

Introduction:
The reign of terror of 2023 is over Tyrus drops the NWA World Championship to EC3 and is forced to retire from wrestling. Billy Corgan looks to move forward claiming that NWA will become the next great company. However, backlash, a series of fights backstage, and pressure to step down come to fruition as another celeb comes into the picture. A man who has already once righted the wrongs of a past mistake David Arquette. David buys a majority stake in NWA and while he loves the business he understands he can't do this alone. He looks to a man from NWA to take over the day-to-day activities in former Four Horseman, Tully Blanchard as Booker of the set company. A complete overhaul is coming and only a handful of names make the cut. Can these two bring prestige back to NWA or will once again this just be another in a long list of disappointments of a once great territory being taken out to pasture?

Tully Blanchard already made a big move before he even stepped into the NWA studio. He comes to an agreement with OVW to have a working relationship and that NWA may use the struggling company as a developmental.

September 2023.

OMB Presents:
NWA BTB Project

Opening Theme:

ddjlwfa-9eb6ff3b-ef73-4192-aabf-478051a5afef.png

Roster Cuts:
Screenshot (815).png

Male Roster:

(Cinta De Oro is Hunico/Sin Cara II)
Screenshot (817).png

Screenshot (819).png

Female Roster:
Screenshot (822).png

On Screen Personality/Managers:
Austin Idol (Idolmania Sports Management)
Dan Lambert (Team Lambert)
Da Pope (???)
James Mitchell (Miserably Faithful)
Jessie McKay (???)
Mariah May (Kerry Morton GF)
May Valentine (Interviewer)
Melina (Tino Sabbatelli)
Salina De La Renta (The Colon Dynasty & Daga)
Shane Douglas (Rhett Titus)
Stevie Richards (Colby Corino)
Tully Blanchard (Dak Draper)

Male Tag Teams:
Express Delivery
(Marko Stunt & Tucky)
(Tucker Knight)
Bobby Fish & Simon Gotch (Team Lambert)
Hot Property
(Anthony Greene & Fred Yehi)
Hybrid Future
(Jack Evans & Kenny Williams)
Brian Kendrick & PJ Black
Matthew Mims & Tyler Rust
???
The Bouncers
(Beer City Bruiser & Brian Milonas)
The Colon Dynasty
(Eddie & Orlando Colon)
The Mercs
(Westin Blake & Flip Gordon)
Miserably Faithful
(Madman Fulton & Parker Boudreaux)
Strictly Business
(Doug Williams & Martin Stone)
(Danny Burch)

Female Tag Team:
Badstreet Legacy
(Miranda Gordy & Rachel Ellering)
Blonde Force Trauma
(Heather Monroe & Ray Lyn)
Lady Kat
(Allie Kat & Lady Frost)
Man Eaterz
(Maria Manic & Steph De Lander)
Mimi & Jessie

Stables:
Idolmania Sports Management
Austin Idol
Cyon
Melanie Cruise
Mike Mondo

Strictly Business
Doug Williams
Martin Stone
Thomas Latimer
Kamille

Team Lambert
Dan Lambert
Timothy Thatcher
Bobby Fish
Brian Johnson
Simon Gotch

The Miserably Faithful
James Mitchell
Madman Fulton
Parker Boudreaux
Max The Impaler
Vary Morales
Vita VonStarr

Commentary Team:
Jimmy Smith & Shane Douglas

Championships:
NWA World Heavyweight:
Ethan Carter III
EC3.png

NWA Heritage:
???

NWA National:
Cyon
maxresdefault-1-1-678x381.jpg

NWA Jr. World Heavyweight:
Kerry Morton
Kerry-Morton-NWA-645x370.png

NWA Television:
Colby Corino
colby-corino.jpg

NWA Tag Team:
???

NWA Women's World:
Kenzie Paige
stream

NWA Women's Tag Team:
Blonde Force Trauma
355b93762fdd9171526a870607f04b06

2023 Crockett Cup:
???

OVW Roster:
Screenshot (823).png
Screenshot (824).png

Screenshot (825).png

David Marquez & Maven Bentley are the commentary team
Chris Masters OVW WHC, Baron Black is Valley High Champ, Rodney Mack Anarchy Champion, Charlie Haas TV Champ, DVon Sons are Tag Champs, Taeler Hendrix Women's

PPVs:

NWA Instant Classic
ec3 nwa ppv.jpg

NWA New Destiny
NWA Crockett Cup
NWA Back For The Attack
NWA Something To Prove
NWA Anniversary Show
NWA TBA
NWA Hard Times 2023
NWA TBA

Side Notes:
I am using TEW as a base to do contracts, different world signing etc. Another change Cyon doesn't get turned on by Austin Idol, and he isn't revealed to be his father as of yet. Idol says he knows who Cyon father is and will only tell him if he wins NWA Championship. This my first time doing any major writing in a while due to time restraints and carpel tunnel I may not have shows out like crazy. Look forward to this. I am also trying to stay somewhat realistic so NWA likely will have people signed away etc and cards could be subject to change. NWA US Is off the air too.

Attachments

• Screenshot (823).png
    Screenshot (823).png
    242.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
ddjlwfa-9eb6ff3b-ef73-4192-aabf-478051a5afef.png

September 14th 2023

We are welcomed to NWA Studio as The Bomb by Pigeon John echoes throughout the venue. There's a small crowd of about 100 people making up the place as we cut to the ringside table. There we are met with our newest commentary team of Jimmy Smith & "The Franchise" Shane Douglas. The two are wearing golden jackets and holding old-school microphones.

Jimmy Smith:
Ladies & Gentlemen, I am so honored to be welcoming you to NWA Power! What an exciting time, for NWA. We are under new management, we have new stars, new championships. However, we still will bring you the best modern throwback to wrestling. So happy to be introducing a former NWA legend, and champion back to the fold, Shane Douglas!

Shane Douglas:

That's right; Jimmy the franchise is back in NWA. Who would have thought years ago when I threw the NWA Championship to the ground that years later I would be back? I would have never guessed, yet here we are, and boy we got some action here tonight. It looks like before any action we are going to be hearing from our new owner David Arquette.

David-Arquette.png

David makes his way to the ring, he is wearing a blue suit and shakes the hand of some of the crowd as his music plays. He gets into the ring and climbs up the turnbuckle as You Can't Kill David Arquette ends with him yelling together with the crowd. David is not alone in the ring now as May Valentine interviewer stands there ready to get some words. David smiles before he begins to speak.

David Arquette:

What a warm welcome, thank you guys very much. I am going to keep things short and sweet. I don't want to take up too much time. I feel so honored to be here right now. As many of you know twenty-three years ago,

Jesus has it really been that long man I am getting old.

David laughs as he goes on.

David Arquette:

Twenty-three years ago, I made my debut in wrestling in WCW. Where I won the World Heavyweight Championship. You see at that time, everyone placed that as the darkest moment in wrestling when some D+ actor walked out holding the most prestigious championship. I was against it completely, I know I didn't deserve it. I understood that because before I was an actor or a wrestler, I was a fan. WCW folded we all know how that story went. I love wrestling, and it ate away at me for so long that I couldn't let it go. In 2018, I wanted to right that wrong, I wanted to make amends to you the fans, and I wanted to prove to myself that I could make it here in this ring. The very ring where greats like Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, and Dusty Rhodes poured their blood, sweat, and tears before me and how every man or woman on this roster now will and do. I feel like I did that. I think I made that right.

I was sitting at home, just scrolling through YouTube just like anyone does when they are bored and I came across NWA Power. I remembered back in the days of the great NWA watching it on my TV and knowing it's past with WCW I saw the potential, the desire in the eyes of the champion at the time Nick Aldis.

Nick he came, he left but, his legacy to that championship, the honor, and the prestige he carried it with left an impression on me. I imagine it did with each and every one of you as well. So anyway jump to the present and see the shape of NWA and how it was and the disconnection it had with you guys the crowd. I saw an opportunity to give NWA and this roster its chance to return to glory. I will promise you, that I will do whatever it takes to deliver.

Let's move forward, enough of the heartstring stuff. I want to talk to you guys about tonight's action! We will have two championship matches as Cyon will defend his National Championship against "The Crimson Desperado" Westin Blake and in our Main Event Rhett Titus will take on newcomer Daga for our reintroduction to the NWA Heritage Championship. That's not all, we will have two triple threat Jr. Heavyweight Contender matches with the winners of that going on next week to face Kerry Morton for the gold!

David leaves the ring as we go to break.

Match One:
#1 Contender's Qualifier Triple Threat Match For Jr. Heavyweight Championship
Marko Stunt w/Tucky vs. Brian Johnson w/Simon Gotch vs. Vary Morales w/Father James Mitchell
images
Brian-Johnson.jpg
Ex7PqwKXEAAfNWm.jpg

Match Results:
A back and forth in which a high-speed match was brought to a stop by various technical mat wrestling saw Marko Stunt pick up the victory after Johnson connected with a rolling German suplex but, Marko hit a frog splash from the top rope onto Johnson tossing him out to pin Morales.

Winner:
Marko Stunt by pinfall

Jimmy Smith:
Marko Stunt moves on, proving the underdog's wits may make up for his lack of strength.

Shane Douglas:
Marko cheated plain and simple. He waited for Brian to do all the dirty work and stole the victory from "The Mecca".

Jimmy Smith:
You of all people, shouldn't be talking about cheating.

Shane Douglas:
When I cheated, I would at least have the courage to stab a man in the front, not the back.

The men would leave the ring and it looked as though Mecca was going to attack Stunt. Tucky would step in between protecting Stunt from any damage. The men go to the back May is back out again to some whistles from the crowd and cheers as she stands behind the podium.

May Valentine: NWA Power how are you doing? Well, let me introduce you to a man who has asked for a few moments. Ladies & Gentleman the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, the man who holds the ten pounds of gold. The Over-Man... E...C...3...

Ec3 walks out the championship flung over his shoulder. He makes his way to the podium and the crowd is split on how to react. There are those that cheer the new champion and those that boo him. Ec3 shakes off the boos as it seems the Over-Man chants pick up steam.

Ec3 gives a grin to May before motioning the crowd to quiet down.

EC3:
I have been waiting for this moment since I arrived in NWA. This has been 75 years in the making of a perfect legacy in pro wrestling, 75 years of the most notable brand in pro wrestling, 75 years of history, nostalgia, and respect. 75 years to get to this moment to give NWA the perfect ending. Tyrus is gone, we can now move forward. We can look to the future, to dare I say a new era. An Over-Man era, the era of EC3. 75 years Tyrus and NWA had this perfect ending. The Over-Man doesn't wrestle matches, no he delivers Greek freaking tragedies. The perfect moment moves on now with the NWA Championship on my shoulders and like Atlas carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders I now carry the ten pounds of gold on mine. So we talk about the future, we need to talk about NWA Instant Classic.

The first PPV under this new era was in October and I have no opponent. Yet, there is one man, who has had harder times than Dusty Rhodes and we all know that it makes better men. A man I respect, and I am going to be a fighting champion taking this title wherever I go I couldn't see anyone better than to make my first defence against and that is you Cyon. A man whose legacy has ties to this brand and who has scratched and clawed to get to where he is. I lay down the challenge, Meet me at Instant Classic.

May Valentine:
Cyon vs. EC3 for NWA World Heavyweight Championship. It sounds exciting.

EC3:
That it is. You see Cyon, fulfill your own prophecy, control your own narrative. I am giving you the chance to have the perfect ending to your story. You can kill two birds with one stone and win the gold. You can fulfill your deal with the devil himself Austin Idol. If you accept, if you make another deal let me be very crystal clear. I will not step aside, I will not roll over and hand you the championship on a silver platter. You beat me, you will have to earn it. The choice is yours the consequences are on the table the glory is right in your hands for the taking. The ball is in your court, You have been warned.

Ec3 walks away as the cameras pan out for a break in the action.

Match Two:
#1 Contender's Qualifier Triple Threat Match For Jr. Heavyweight Championship

Brian Kendrick w/PJ Black vs. Flip Gordon w/Westin Blake vs. Tyler Rust w/Matthew Mims

brian-kendrick.png
l-intro-1670684255.jpg
Tyler-Rust-0002.jpg

Match Results:
This match was very methodical, you would see each man trying to play to their own strengths as well as trying to hide their weaknesses. The match came to an end when Kendrick pinned Gordon with a Slice Bread #2. Tyler Rust nearly made the break-up. Rust would look very good throughout the match.

Winner:
Brian Kendrick by pinfall

Jimmy Smith:
Kendrick with a hard-fought victory here tonight. A man also looking to make amends for past mistakes. One can only wonder how he will fare next week against Marko Stunt & Kerry Morton for the championship.

The camera pans away as we are now in another place, somewhere behind the curtain we get a pre-taped video promo. The camera starts from the ground and works its way to show two tall powerful women who are flexing before the video goes on They have a picture of NWA Women's tag team champions Blonde Force Trauma. They rip it up before walking off.
image-23.png
471ee01b1ab79e7587379e5b2d8d5aad.jpg

Steph De Lander & Maria Manic coming soon to NWA!

The camera still rolling as two more women walk into the frame. They are wearing black jackets and a logo can be seen on it saying Badstreet Legacy. The camera reveals Miranda Gordy & Rachel Ellering.
kT3EbycB_400x400.jpg
rachael-ellering-0.jpg

Miranda Gordy: Looks like we got competition.

Rachel Ellering nods and the two walk off.

Match Three:
Big Swole vs. Ella Envy

Screen-Shot-2022-01-01-at-12.39.04-PM.png
FajJ2ZzXgAEu132

Match Result:
Big Swole dominates the match hitting a running super kick followed by Lumber Check just like her husband Cedric Alexander.

Winner:
Big Swole by Pinfall

Shane Douglas:
That was about as one-sided as it could have been. Big Swole sending a message to NWA women's roster and importantly NWA Kenzie Paige.

Jimmy Smith:
You can't discredit the heart Ella showed here Shane. She was just outmatched tonight. I am sure the future looks bright for her just as it does for a man that will see in action later tonight.

Shane Douglas:
You are not wrong but, it seems that one of my former ECW alumni is standing with a microphone in his hand at the podium.

The camera pans back to the podium as Stevie Richards is on the screen. Stevie his scratchy voice asking for attention. He holds a remote in his hand as he points it to the TV screen above him.

"Dr." Stevie Richards:
Hello there, I am Stevie Richards, and I have a doctorate in wrestling analytics. I am here to go over with you imbeciles, a masterclass of Televised Techincal masterclass by a man who may be called "The Unwanted Son" but, he's anything but your NWA TV Champion Colby Corino.

The TV shows Colby Corino picking up a number of wins in matches all using this move that Dr. Stevie Richards has dubbed "Wayward Son"

gigi-dolin-kayden-carter.gif

Dr. Stevie begins to go play-by-play about the perfection of this move; He is rewinding and pointing it out over and over. The crowd gets more fed up. He finally is about to tell them a piece of his mind as JTG music hits and out he comes.

f19add18d24f84ad6ad4f5518b105ff3_1717_1183.jpg

JTG:
Bro, would you shut the hell up already? I got to say I was standing in the back and got to tell you this sucks. You are as good of as an analytic expert as you were in the ring. You already knew that didn't you? I mean fam the only reason you are ever remembered is because you jobbed out in every promotion you were ever in. You always play second fiddle. First with Raven, then with Meanie, Victoria, Ivory, the list goes on.

Stevie gets in his face.

JTG:
What you wanna do something? Come on fam step up! You will show me, I'll see, right? You were right about one thing, Colby Corino is a great wrestler. He holds some gold too. So you his advocate? Are you his new daddy? Why don't you go tell him to get his ass out here and put that title on the line next week

"Dr." Stevie Richards:
You want a shot at the title, well why do you ask yourself?

Colby Corino lays out JTG with the championship from behind and stands over him holding the title high to boos from the crowd. Dr. Stevie tells him to put JTG's head through the TV as he is about to Da Pope arrives and makes the save as the heels run offset.
E2RU38OXsAQTPlR-e1691210758914-678x381.jpg

Match Four:
NWA National Championship Match
Cyon (c) w/Austin Idol vs. Westin Blake w/Flip Gordon

FgwraUWWAAQRYEi-e1677027857834-678x381.jpg
artworks-ed9vRLdBE9jJ8VqG-I7dW6g-t500x500.jpg

Match Result:
Cyon would take advantage after Idol struck Blake following Flip Gordon trying to pull an underhanded tactic as well. Cyon would verbally berate Idol who would tell him to watch his tongue. I know who your daddy is.

Winner:
And Still NWA National Champion

Cyon

Jimmy Smith:
That damn Austin Idol.

Shane Douglas:
Don't you dare because Marko did the same thing earlier!

Jimmy Smith:
You know damn well, that was different he took advantage in the ring. Austin blatantly cheated, even Cyon who won the match can see it.

Shane Douglas:
Yet he is still the NWA National Champion, he was that mad he could hand the title over to Westin Blake. Cyon's future is as bright as it can be since he joined Idolmania Sports Management. His stock went through the rough and so has the prestige of Austin Idol crew.

Jimmy Smith:
There is no mistake about that, but that is under false pretenses and you know it. Cyon wants nothing to do with Idol. Idol is leeching onto that fame for his own profit. Idol's is holding that blackmail of who Cyon's father is to fill his own profits.

Shane Douglas:
Is he being blindsided? No, he is here under his own will.

Cyon walks away with Idol holding the title high as we go to another break in the action.

We are back from break and now standing at the podium, is Shane Douglas he is accompanied by his client Rhett Titus on the other side there is Daga with Salina De La Renta. On the podium itself is the new NWA Heritage Championship. May Valentine states that David requests both men shake hands before tonight's main event. They obliged and got into each other's faces.
shane-douglas.jpg
0MMfpEQH_400x400.jpg
Daga-luchador-Triple-AAA-770x450.png
salina6.jpg

Match Five:
Silas Young w/Sam Beale vs. Doug Williams w/Kamille & Martin Stone
images
IMG_4211-7446.jpg

Match Result:
A really tough battle between two old-school guys, these two would go back and forth with reversals and mat-based wrestling until Doug Williams reversed a suplex attempt sitting out and picking up the win.

Winner:

Doug Williams by Pinfall

Jimmy Smith:
What a match, great action between two vets of wrestling.

Shane Douglas:
Silas got caught and he is kicking himself now.

Jimmy Smith:

Sam Beale is on the outside with a chair look.

Beale is about to hit Doug as Silas grabs the chair. He tosses it to the side he goes to leave the ring. He stops and walks back to the chair, before grabbing Doug and raising his arm high in victory.

Jimmy Smith:
I wouldn't believe it, if I didn't see it with my own two eyes Silas Young shows respect to Doug Williams.

Silas leaves the ring as we go to break.

We are back to NWA however, we are inside a chapel with dark lights. "Father" James Mitchell is unpleased with his underling Vary Morales. He stops berating as a voice can be heard talking in darkness.
James-Mitchell-1.jpg

???:
No... No... No... I took a wrong turn at the gates of Hades. This isn't the undead realm.

Another laugh as from the shadows emerges Crazzy Steve.
Crazzy-Steve-645x370.jpg

"Father" James Mitchell:
What in the hell...Hello Steve.

Crazzy Steve's rant stops and he looks around him seeing the members of Mitchell's cult form round him.

Crazzy Steve:
James you and I need to talk.

"Father" James Mitchell:
Sure we do my boy, you shouldn't be here.

Crazzy Steve:
Yet here I am.

"Father" James Mitchell:
Yet here you are. What can I do for you, Steve?

Crazzy Steve:
I smell fear on you. James.

Mitchell isn't pleased by the response.

"Father" James Mitchell:
You seem different.

Crazzy Steve:
I am different. I will talk to you soon when things are more intimate

Steve exits the chape, he begins to sing.

The old is gone and the new has come, yeah

And all those chains are gone forever (Yes, they are)
I used to wait until You fell on me, yeah

But now I’m just jumping into the river Styx

Main Event
NWA Heritage Championship
Rhett Titus w/Shane Douglas vs. Daga w/Salina De La Renta
NWA-Heritage.jpeg

Match Result:
Rhett Wins the championship after a good match that went 17 minutes. Daga went for a brainbuster, Rhett reversed went low with a chop block, and made him tap with a single leg boston crab.

Winner:
New Heritage Champion

Rhett Titus

Jimmy Smith:
Well there you have it folks, Rhett Titus with a win and now with The Franchise by his side, he has gold to go with it.

Rhett goes to the podium and holds the title in his hands before Douglas places it around his waist. Rhett walks off with Shane Douglas and the show ends or so we thought.

The camera then goes outside of the studio as a limo pulls in. The door swings open and out walks Alicia Atout. She is wearing golden pants and a black lace top. She is not alone, No you see with her is Ryan Nameth "The Hollywood Hunk" is out as well he has on a white suit and his shades on the bridge of his nose. Then finally from the limo emerges Richard Holliday. The man called "Most Marketable" has a billion-dollar smile and walks into the studio. His woman is on his arm, an ally by his side and he holds all the power.

alicia-atout-richard-holliday.jpg

End Show

Last edited:

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
apology having formating problems ok got it to the best it's gonna be lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Death By Looch

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Ep 2 will drop next week, bought a new wireless keyboard looking to moving forward with this.

Finishline

Drop the Mike
Reaction score
Website
open.spotify.com
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Getting the chance to check this out. Bummed a couple guys got let go, I'm sure you could've done something with Ricky Morton or Raven in a managerial role. Also liked Chris Adonis and Darius Lockhart.

But impressed with some people you brought in like Crazzy Steve, Jordan Oliver, and a STACKED women's division. Holy cow!

First episode was pretty solid. I like people seem to have alliances already in the NWA, most don't feel to be alone. Looking forward to a Crazzy Steve and James Mitchell partnership.

Marko Stunt and Brian Kendrick are definitely questionable choices to face Kerry Morton next week. Would've felt Flip Gordon needed the win more over Kendrick, but that's just personal preference.

Steph de Lander coming to NWA makes me wonder if one Indy God may follow... ;)

LOVED the ending with Richard Holliday! He's going to be the face of this brand for the BTB I'm sure, and what an excellent choice!! I wonder how the Hollywood Hunk fits into this, but I'm so down for Holliday in the NWA. Might bring that Flair feel to the Ten Pounds of Gold when he inevitably gets his chance.

Solid stuff man! I'll keep my eye on this.

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Getting the chance to check this out. Bummed a couple guys got let go, I'm sure you could've done something with Ricky Morton or Raven in a managerial role. Also liked Chris Adonis and Darius Lockhart.

But impressed with some people you brought in like Crazzy Steve, Jordan Oliver, and a STACKED women's division. Holy cow!

First episode was pretty solid. I like people seem to have alliances already in the NWA, most don't feel to be alone. Looking forward to a Crazzy Steve and James Mitchell partnership.

Marko Stunt and Brian Kendrick are definitely questionable choices to face Kerry Morton next week. Would've felt Flip Gordon needed the win more over Kendrick, but that's just personal preference.

Steph de Lander coming to NWA makes me wonder if one Indy God may follow... ;)

LOVED the ending with Richard Holliday! He's going to be the face of this brand for the BTB I'm sure, and what an excellent choice!! I wonder how the Hollywood Hunk fits into this, but I'm so down for Holliday in the NWA. Might bring that Flair feel to the Ten Pounds of Gold when he inevitably gets his chance.

Solid stuff man! I'll keep my eye on this.
Ty very much with the review, yeah I pretty much wanted to build roster from ground up. I wanted to keep it realistic as well.

I feel like Holliday is one of the guys perfect to build brand round but guys like Colby Corino, Cyon, Mims, Draper, Tino Sabbatelli & number of others are also guys I will likely be using as well. EC3 is one of my other names that feel like now that he's drop the CYN stuff gone back sort of to his top one percent like persona could be someone that I can write for too.

NWA is a brand that seem like it be fun to write for and one I don't think many people are willing to touch. I won't say I watch nwa weekly but I try and keep up and def think Billy is a cancer to brand and wanted to find someone I think would be good fit. David as a owner, Tully as boomer seemed nice.

Zicky Dice is someone very high on too and you should expect him next week.

Finishline

Drop the Mike
Reaction score
Website
open.spotify.com
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Ty very much with the review, yeah I pretty much wanted to build roster from ground up. I wanted to keep it realistic as well.

I feel like Holliday is one of the guys perfect to build brand round but guys like Colby Corino, Cyon, Mims, Draper, Tino Sabbatelli & number of others are also guys I will likely be using as well. EC3 is one of my other names that feel like now that he's drop the CYN stuff gone back sort of to his top one percent like persona could be someone that I can write for too.

NWA is a brand that seem like it be fun to write for and one I don't think many people are willing to touch. I won't say I watch nwa weekly but I try and keep up and def think Billy is a cancer to brand and wanted to find someone I think would be good fit. David as a owner, Tully as boomer seemed nice.

Zicky Dice is someone very high on too and you should expect him next week.
Yeah and I'm very familiar with Colby Corino since I live in NC and I've seen his independent work here, namely his feud against John Skyler. I got high hopes for him here... and it's interesting with Tino because he never was around WWE long enough to get a real chance, so I always wondered what would be next for him.

Keep me updated when you post your next show, feel free to shoot me a DM too if I'm not online. I'm hype to read!

Reactions: Death By Looch

DTP

Reaction score
While I've watched some NWA POWERRR previously, it's been a very long time since I've cared enough to watch the product. The roster is expansive enough, and there's a wealth of good that could be done...but there hasn't been for whatever reason.

That said, I am always interested in a redemption arc from a writer. One thing I will say, is the yellow has got to go. It's always good to add creative flair to a show presentation, but yellow is so tough on the eyes for those of us using the default forum design.

Some of the acquisitions you have made to support NWA have been realistic, but there are some I am not necessarily keen on. For instance, Jimmy Smith was certainly a unique hire - whereas Shane Douglas makes complete sense given the history.

I think EC3 as the NWA World Heavyweight Champion is a great premise for this period. I think he's certainly got the presentation skills to be regarded as the centrepiece of the company, but it's just a shame he's not much of a worker these days. Hopefully you build him as less like Ric Flair, which he isn't, and more of a unique World Champion character.

I'm not the biggest fan of Triple Threat matches, but with this show focusing on presenting new contenders, I suppose it works well. Perhaps I just think there are more creative ways to name challengers to titles.

Steph De Lander is a pretty good hire, and surely someone the women's division can revolve around. I also hope good things come of Big Swole, as I felt she had a lot of promise in her AEW tenure.

Very spicy idea to have Stevie Richards resurface using his YouTube gimmick. Perhaps it veered a little in the way of Dean Douglas though.

One thing I will say is I hope there are actions taken to reduce the amount of titles you have to offer. There comes a point they feel less valuable, and with the amount of gold NWA has - in part due to its' historical significance - I think a mowing of the lawn is definitely in order. I'm glad to see Westin Blake doing well post-Forgotten Sons though.

I've always been a fan of Doug Williams, and actually saw him work with Silas Young at an ROH show in Doncaster in 2018. I can imagine that was a fun match.

There is a lot of promise here. It's not a bad framework to be building from, but there are a few kinks to be resolved along the way from what this show has shown me. I liked this show as a start to build from - hopefully this continues.

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
While I've watched some NWA POWERRR previously, it's been a very long time since I've cared enough to watch the product. The roster is expansive enough, and there's a wealth of good that could be done...but there hasn't been for whatever reason.

That said, I am always interested in a redemption arc from a writer. One thing I will say, is the yellow has got to go. It's always good to add creative flair to a show presentation, but yellow is so tough on the eyes for those of us using the default forum design.

Some of the acquisitions you have made to support NWA have been realistic, but there are some I am not necessarily keen on. For instance, Jimmy Smith was certainly a unique hire - whereas Shane Douglas makes complete sense given the history.

I think EC3 as the NWA World Heavyweight Champion is a great premise for this period. I think he's certainly got the presentation skills to be regarded as the centrepiece of the company, but it's just a shame he's not much of a worker these days. Hopefully you build him as less like Ric Flair, which he isn't, and more of a unique World Champion character.

I'm not the biggest fan of Triple Threat matches, but with this show focusing on presenting new contenders, I suppose it works well. Perhaps I just think there are more creative ways to name challengers to titles.

Steph De Lander is a pretty good hire, and surely someone the women's division can revolve around. I also hope good things come of Big Swole, as I felt she had a lot of promise in her AEW tenure.

Very spicy idea to have Stevie Richards resurface using his YouTube gimmick. Perhaps it veered a little in the way of Dean Douglas though.

One thing I will say is I hope there are actions taken to reduce the amount of titles you have to offer. There comes a point they feel less valuable, and with the amount of gold NWA has - in part due to its' historical significance - I think a mowing of the lawn is definitely in order. I'm glad to see Westin Blake doing well post-Forgotten Sons though.

I've always been a fan of Doug Williams, and actually saw him work with Silas Young at an ROH show in Doncaster in 2018. I can imagine that was a fun match.

There is a lot of promise here. It's not a bad framework to be building from, but there are a few kinks to be resolved along the way from what this show has shown me. I liked this show as a start to build from - hopefully this continues.
Apperceive of the review, I always thought NWA Power in 2023 be fun project. I am using TEW as a base so some of the hirings as a way to keep company afloat. Jimmy Smith has good stats, and I didn't mind him on Raw. The championships most were already there I did add one to be more a secondary title but I get the criticism. Ec3 is the champion as of this writing irl and so I figured he's a good enough member for NWA to build on atm. Stevie Richards character atm probably one of my fav to write as I like to think hes more of doing Dr. Stevie/Sports Analysts. I do take some of his YouTube stuff as inspiration but, I will be basing it also off of American Sports persona Skip Bayless.

I have heard the stuff bout the gold im someone who uses the dark skin so it pops for me but going forward I may just use default.

Silas/Doug should be fun feud. Silas is a guy I'll prob be using as a gatekeeper.