No Way Out Live Review

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I saw We Are Legion's review and I'm not going to do a carbon copy of that. I'm not going to go into the play by play moves like a review. You clearly know that already so I'm going to keep it from a live perspective to make it different. I'm going to do a section of Thumbs down and Thumbs up on things that I liked or disliked. I sat in the cheap seats for this one but I sat right in the middle so I could see pyro and all that good stuff. It was a decent crowd for most part when I walked in, I was wearing my E & C shirt so people were giving me a thumbs up.

2ds2r6s.jpg

Thumbs Down

Booking Title matches

I don't get the idea of WWE putting World heavyweight title matches at the beginning. I've been happy to see the last two PPV's that the match has been put right in the middle. Now they put at the beginning which annoys me. Christian vs Cody or the tag team match could have easily filled in the first slot and it would have been good enough. We are supposed to feel something big when a world heavyweight title match is going on, but for it to be the opening act is pretty lame on an average PPV.

Tuxedo Matches need to stay away

I'm a huge fan of Ricardo and I do like Santino to a certain degree, but this was awful. I enjoyed Ricardo's new cheesy entrance but this match was similar to bra and panties match from the good odl days. This time it involved men and it lasted a bit too long. The boring chants were loud and I was happy about that after failing to start a Ricardo chant. This match belonged on a Smackdown or Raw plain and simple because it got over like a fart in church. Both guys are very funny in their own right but this was completely stupid.

Who Cares cross

I'll get into the tag team match which I loved after. I'm not like some pessimistic people on the site and rip on the match because it involved some jobbers or people nobody cares about. They got the chance and they shined, I like that. What I didn't like is nobody gave a damn about AW crossing Primo and Epico. When you forget about the stable for weeks, how are we supposed to care about AW? We just know him as this loudmouth that hasn't been doing anything to help a tag team. Now he crosses and goes to arguably the worst tag team of the four last night. The cross got zero reaction and the only thing I got out of the end was possibly Carlito returning when Primo and Epico were getting beat up. It looked like it was going to be set up like that but it wasn't. Nobody cared about the cross and Primetime Players still get zero reaction except "oh god, not them".

The Chaperone needs to speak

I've said before and I'll say it again that I'm not a Triple H fan. I don't mark for him and I sure as hell wouldn't get up for him. It was the same crap as usual from The Game about how he wants to fight and he hates anything corporate. We have heard this before with Punk, Nash, Taker, and now Lesnar. Triple H as a face is probably the most stale thing these days and we still have to see Jack Swagger every week. I would have given this a positive rating if Paul Heyman showed up but instead he issued a challenge to Lesnar to fight. That's all great and everything but everyone saw it coming so why give him praise for it. It was another dull promo with nobody interrupting him which sucks. I was pretty let down by no Heyman but it seemed too good to be true.

Who's the divas champion?

I had high hopes for Layla but she's been a huge bust. The crowd still doesn't give a damn about her and the antics by stealing Beth's attire ( no idea what its called) was stupid. This match had zero build so I was just talking to a buddy that I ran into in section 203. I got to see some things but why bother see something that has zero build. All I got out of is that Layla still isn't over, she wasn't funny, and I can't buy the lay out neck breaker finisher on Beth as a way to finish her. Layla needs to drop the belt ASAP because she's not even that great of a wrestler. I get it she's hot and maybe she could work a bit but this is the champion? I guess its step up from Brie Bella at least.

Ryberg yawn

I'm not big on Ryback but I understand his value and I think he'll be a big star. According to a friend who drove by Stanford, there is a huge Ryback picture on a truck. He's going to be pushed to the moon hopefully he proves himself. I'll talk about a positive with Ryback after that gets a thumbs up with me and I'm impressed by it. What gets a thumbs down is I'm sick of the concept and it needs to go. We have seen this for far too long with these no named jobbers getting killed.

Another stinker as main event

I'm not going to lie by saying that if their was no stipulations, I would have left during the match. The traffic was pretty bad to begin with but due to stipulations, we had to say. This main event was an absolute bore fest and the crowd wasn't good enough to start funny chants. I was shocked to actually see more Cena fans which was pretty interesting. I don't hate Cena even though I'll still boo him just for fun. The match was just a disaster which I expected but even at a slower pace. I like the Big Show going for an elbow drop but that's about it between them. I'll discuss positives below because their were some parts to the match that really fit in well but between these two guys, awful main event as I expected.

Thumbs Up

Sheamus haters be quiet, Ziggler needs a push

This would have been match of the night for me if the finish was better. I knew Sheamus was going over but you could have at least let Dolph reverse the Brogue kick to make it interesting. Either way this was a terrific match with Dolph looking like a star and Sheamus selling a decent amount of offense. They really had some great chemistry even though one spot was kind of botched with the irish curse. I still really enjoyed it and it made me happy to see Ziggler go over. I love him as a heel but a face turn wouldn't surprise me. He could pull it of with his athleticism and charisma. The spot of the night had to be the x-factor from the top turnbuckle. He needs to use that move in big matches because it really gets a huge pop. I don't want to give all the love for Ziggler because Sheamus put together another great match. The haters for Sheamus need to realize that his guy can move and work. He may be corny on the microphone but this is a top star that deserves it. Ziggler was a better guy for Sheamus than Del Rio but overall Sheamus deserves his props for putting it together. I hope he keeps the title until someone is ready to cash in the MITB briefcase.

AJ is the best

I'm not sure where to put this but I'll put it here now. I know she was around a lot during PPV but how awesome is AJ? She goes to each three guy and out of all the people, she makes out with Kane. What makes AJ so good other than her looks obviously is her facial expressions. Can you see her face when she's smiling or being sadistic. Its spot on which gets her over so well. She's made the angle really good and it made me gain even more interest in the WWE title match even though I'm a huge fan of all three guys. I'm happy to see WWE using a diva in a big angle and it's working. They need to do that more because women in story lines can be incredible.

Counters, counters, counters

I was so excited for this match and gave both men a standing clap although I stay up until the match begins for Christian. Christian is one of my favorites of all time and I missed him on Smackdown for all these months. I don't mind him in either role despite I'll miss him crying about one more match. I still like Christian as a face because they need faces on both shows. This was an excellent match even with a slow beginning. It was nice to see Rhodes actually face someone that can work a match. Other than Orton and to an extent Booker T, who did Rhodes face during his IC title run that was considered a guy that can wrestle? He had to face the likes of Big Zeke and Big Show also Ted DiBiase who I don't think is that good. Rhodes got to face an excellent wrestler in Christian and you can see how great it flowed. I loved the counters through out the match with the Dashing Kick being ducked and just all the spots where Rhodes took advantage of Christian's athleticism. It was also great to see a different finish without the frog splash which shows that Christian can beat you with a different move. Cody also showed tough ness kicking out of the killswitch which was great. I give all out praise to both men for an excellent match that if it got a few more minutes, it would have a definite four stars. I'm in the middle of that right now but congrats to both men. I hope Christian has a nice IC title reign while Rhodes wins one of the MITBS next month.

Young talent let them shine

I was pretty excited for this match because I actually watch NXT and see some of these guys. Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd sound like a fun team that needs to get more matches in spotlight. The Usos might have one of the most creative entrances in history that really got the crowd going. It was crazy to see how over The Usos were despite either losing or doing nothing on normal television. The crowd was going crazy for them which is great to see because I like them as a team. Primo and Epico did there thing as usual with great tag team work while the Primetime Players were just the goofballs like usual. I'm just not feeling them even though Darren Young is pretty decent. He's got a funny look and he can wrestle. I was really impressed by his finisher with the fire man's carry turned into a back stabber. It looked brutal but it was nice work from Young. So many great moments from this match with The Uso's really doing some great tag team moves. People were getting out of their seats for some of the moves like the samoan drop. They need to get the belts sometime before the end of the year. The spot of the night has to go to my man Tyson Kidd for the hurricanna on Epico that literally took out everyone. It looked so dangerous but in the end, it got the crowd on their feet. I don't get how people can hate on this match because you saw some great talent get some PPV time. I'm all for it and I didn't mind it at all so props to all of them. I expected AW to be involved with the finish even though I didn't give a damn for the cross. I loved the match in itself but the cross like I said above was weak. Maybe if things got Caribbean cool, it would have got a thumbs up. Everyone except Titus O'Neill who is the absolute worst gets a thumbs up here.

Squash match I didn't mind

I don't hate Sin Cara and even though it was an odd match to put on, I didn't mind it. Hunico and Sin Cara do great work so I wasn't too mad. I didn't really care but it wasn't something I totally hated. It was fun to see some guys that can actually move around so good job not making Hunico look like a bum here either. Hopefully Sin Cara can do something at Summerslam with a feud since we all know he'll be in the MITB match.

Triple Threat magic

It was a bit slow but with Kane in the ring, you would expect it to be. Still this was match of the night with everyone flowing perfectly. You had some great spots with Punk and Bryan hitting their suicide dives. Bryan's double drop kick on both guys was also impressive. The beginning with the kicks was also a great beginning. I assume all you know that Bryan is super over and people were all over Bryan. The Yes shirts were filled up in the arena and people were ecstatic to see him. I'm happy for him and I really think he might turn baby face in a few months. If they are serious about pushing Rhodes, Ziggler, and Barrett where will they fit Bryan? He would make a great baby face like most would agree. The match went by smooth although I would have liked to see Bryan win. I wasn't upset that Punk won but it would have been nice to see Bryan won. Kane took the pin so the feud can go on some longer but I was thinking Bryan wins tonight and holds it to Summerslam then drops it to Punk. Its still great to see the WWE keeping the title on Punk and making this title reign so historic. When people tell me that Punk's title reign has okay, I laugh at them and they clearly don't know what a champion is supposed to do. I understand he's not in the main event of PPVS which absolutely sucks but name me one CM Punk match that hasn't been a quality match for the title. He's delivering time and time again regardless who he's working with. I know he's got to work with the best in Bryan and Jericho recently but still Punk deserves a lot of credit for making WWE title matches 4 stars or higher quality. I'm not saying this was an outstanding match but its around 3 and a half stars. Kane played a good role in this and I'm shocked the GTS was performed so well. I remember a few years ago Punk not being able to hit the GTS on Kane and it looked horrible. Punk must have gotten stronger or Kane dropped some weight because I had some serious doubts. I expected a great match and got it so well done to all three. Before I get, A.J did play a role and she took a pretty hard bump. The craziness keeps rolling!

Locker room hates Big Show

The one cool part with the match was how the mid card of the roster came out to attack Show. They needed to make this match more creative and it was awesome to see them fight back. The crowd was huge for Brodus coming out and showing a mean face that we haven't seen since he was the bodyguard of Del Rio. He looked like a bad ass with the chair which worked well. It was fun seeing Show knock out random guys like Santino and Riley climbing up the cage. Even though WWE doesn't care for him anymore, Zach Ryder is still really over. The crowd wanted to see Ryder and they popped huge for him. I'm a Ryder fan for life because he's from my area and he's a good guy. He could improve on a lot of things but he's still young so there is potential. When he got knocked out, the whole crowd was pissed so it brought out some great entertainment. Kofi Kingston was the star by knocking Show off and he got a nice reaction. It was good to see Kofi do something big for first time in a while. I'm not sure how I feel with Cena going over here because wasn't Show booked to be a monster. You make a guy into a giant but he loses his first big match? It doesn't make sense but I'm looking forward to a new GM. I think People Power ran its course and it got lame after a while. Big Johnny had his fun moments but the more I saw of him, the more he bored me. I like the fun and goofy Big Johnny, not the guy that tries to be an authority figure. The stuff before Mania with Teddy and the heels on the roster was priceless. Who could forget Johnny holding up a Christian shirt after Christian said he would join his team. It looked an NFL draft instead of a Peep show. I don't think we've seen the last of Big Johnny but I'm happy for new change. It brings up plenty of possibilities and I can't really make a guess right now who it will be. The last thing positive about the main event had to be from Vince. I still enjoy hearing "YOU'RE FIRED" to this day!! Thanks Vince, we love you pop on fathers day ( did Triple H just hack my account?).

Final Word

Overall this was a fun show since my expectations are low. If you thought this was going to be a great show top to bottom then you don't know what you are watching. The main title matches and the IC title match delivered which is all I really asked for. They had lot of potential to be great matches and not one of them let me down. Dolph Ziggler stood out to me as star of the night but you can make the case for Bryan, Punk, or Christian. It was a fun show even though I don't think I'm going to another show in Jersey unless it's a big four PPV (Mania obviously I'm going to). It was an hour and half getting home along with toll booths that cost me around 22 bucks going to and back. This wasn't cheap so I don't think I'll go to a show unless its in New York. It was a decent show with some obvious duds but if you set the expectation bar low, then you'll be happy. The one major gripe I'll have with the show is that Paul Heyman didn't show up. People were telling me that they wanted Lesnar but that wasn't going to happen. Heyman seemed reasonable since New Jersey isn't from New York. I was a bit let down from it but nothing that is going to really bother me. It was a fun show overall and WWE did a good job with it. Hopefully we can get some better main events going forward.

If you want to leave a comment below feel free or if you want to add or contact me in any of these places. I'll be back tomorrow doing the same thing for Raw. I'll be sitting second row with a Yes t-shirt on with some fun signs.

Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/allen.strk

Twitter- AllenOutraged

Attachments

• E&C.jpg
    E&C.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 11

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Great review, seems we shared virtually the same thoughts on every single happening at the PPV.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Agreed with most points you made, except giving the Sin Cara segment "thumbs up" as I am seriously beginning to hate him and Hunico considering they do absolutely nothing besides wrestle each other every week it seems. Wasn't crazy about the tag match either, but that's mainly just because most of those guys were just thrown in there for the sake of having a match and weren't given any build... and I just really don't like how a 4-team tag match works when it's all 1-on-1. I think it would have been better if they just let all 8 of them go at it all at once.

Definitely agree that no one cares about AW. If WWE wants to turn him heel and really get me to hate him, they're going to have to make him screw someone else over besides Primo and Epico, two jobbers I seriously couldn't give a rat's ass about. That was probably the weakest heel turn in the history of wrestling.

And yeah, the WHC being defended right off the bat at the beginning of the show is pretty stupid and needs to stop. Don't think I have a bigger gripe that happens literally every month.

Pretty good review :y:

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I was very easy going with Sin Cara. The funny thing is I met a writer there that I never met before that I was excited of meeting. We watched two matches together and that was one of them. The match was probably better because I was enjoying the conversation with him so much. I definitely agree with your logic here, Sin Cara should get a feud for Summerslam if anything. Right now he'll be hyped as a possible favorite for MITB although he better not win it.

In terms of buildup, totally agree about tag team match. I just like seeing young talent get a chance so it was pretty cool. It did become a bit clustered so hopefully they don't do that again. If they do maybe triple threat tag team match, that could work. AW has lots of work to do, right now he's just that annoying guy who yells. The turn was brutal and I agree with you there. Thanks for praise.