News on plans for Adam Cole

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
They are working on a deal for 2014 where there would be a top heel group with Adam Cole as the Ric Flair with Matt Hardy (who did the program with Cole earlier this year) as the combination Ole Anderson/J.J. Dillon veteran mentor.

Observer.

This could be a fun idea depending on how they play it. They recently did a take over storyline so they should stay away from that and do the traditional Horsemen one instead, a group of people just trying to stay on top and keep being dominant. Also I wonder who they will use to fill the other spots in the group...

Stopspot

Reaction score
So we'd need an Arn and a Tully. I guess reDRagon could do it.
That I would enjoy. ReDragon is a really good team but at the same time I would be disappointed since it would risk tampering with the chemistry already within the team. Not to mention Fish possibly losing mic time to Cole/Hardy.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Silas Young could possibly fill one of the spots, no? Has that old-school feel to him.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Silas would be beast. Perfect for an enforcer role.

Reactions: THG?

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Damn right.

Who else, Taven? A new star?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Taven is a no go at least right now. He and Truth are a very entertaining group right now. Just look at how over he has gotten in a relative short time, especially since he stepped up the ring work.
I just wonder who they could bring in right now for a new guy. They have Adam Page but he is such a cookie cutter babyface.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I see where you're coming from with Taven. HoT is a really fun group.

I think it'd be interesting to see ROH bring someone new in for this stable IMO. Dunno who....

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out someone that would fit into it that isn't locked down by Gabe or who wouldn't be on ROH's radar. Shane Hollister maybe but he looks too much like Jimmy Jacobs IMO for it to work. Monster Mafia could have been good muscle for ROH but the damn US/Canada border F'd that up.

Reactions: THG?

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out someone that would fit into it that isn't locked down by Gabe or who wouldn't be on ROH's radar. Shane Hollister maybe but he looks too much like Jimmy Jacobs IMO for it to work. Monster Mafia could have been good muscle for ROH but the damn US/Canada border F'd that up.
Yeah, that sucks. Otherwise someone like Jon Davis or Brian Cage would have been beast to have there.