Miz on Good Day Atlanta

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_Edge

Reaction score
The Place Where Americans Think Always Snows
-Spoiler(sort of)-TNA To Lose Right To NWA Name

Mike Johnson is reporting that TNA will be losing the rights to the NWA name and the NWA titles in the next several months. TNA has plans to introduce their own set of World and Tag Team titles very soon. One scenario being discussed would see Samoa Joe win the NWA title and then toss it down saying he's the TNA champion instead much like Shane Douglas did in ECW back in 1995.

Over the weekend, at an NWA show in Canada, Bryan Danielson made a challenge saying he wants to be the NWA champion. The NWA committee met and once the titles are gone from TNA Danielson is in line to be the next champion.

source: WrestleZone.com
----

So, a possibility of Joe winning the title.

Finally, TNA gets their own belts.

Reaction score
im glad about this, using the nwa titles give you exposure, but at some point you have to ask whether you want to be held back by a "championship commitee". hopefully they will be cool looking.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Its pretty gay recycling that angle. You should only ever recycle the angles that have failed miserably. That one was done to perfection.

If they do it, this time there will be no shock factor to it. People barely recognize the fact that TNA has the NWA name attached to it as it is. And I'd wager on the fact that I bet most TNA fans who aren't that savvy to the business has no idea what the NWA even is.

Just drop the name quietly and make up your own belts.

xtremebadass

I would love TNA to get their own belts. The NWA IMO is a separate entity than TNA. TNA has controlled the NWA title history for the past years, when the NWA should have been in control all along. Can't wait for this one

phantomgerald

they should just let it go quietly, just change the belt the way cena introduced the spinner

This Guy

Mike Johnson is reporting that TNA will be losing the rights to the NWA name and the NWA titles in the next several months. TNA has plans to introduce their own set of World and Tag Team titles very soon. One scenario being discussed would see Samoa Joe win the NWA title and then toss it down saying he's the TNA champion instead much like Shane Douglas did in ECW back in 1995.

Over the weekend, at an NWA show in Canada, Bryan Danielson made a challenge saying he wants to be the NWA champion. The NWA committee met and once the titles are gone from TNA Danielson is in line to be the next champion.

source: WrestleZone.com
----

So, a possibility of Joe winning the title.

Finally, TNA gets their own belts.

Its pretty gay recycling that angle. You should only ever recycle the angles that have failed miserably. That one was done to perfection.

If they do it, this time there will be no shock factor to it. People barely recognize the fact that TNA has the NWA name attached to it as it is. And I'd wager on the fact that I bet most TNA fans who aren't that savvy to the business has no idea what the NWA even is.

Just drop the name quietly and make up your own belts.

it doesn't suprise me that suddenly there is talk of tossing the NWA name out the window sooner then needed. all of this including coming up with the idea of recycling the old Douglas/ECW idea. Why does this not suprise me? 2 words....Vince Russo. Russo doesn't respect history and he certainly does not respect the NWA history (not that there is much left to respect). Russo wants to create is own legacy and a great way to do that in his mind is to create his own history.

King_Ash

Reaction score
I'm glad Russo is writing for TNA... I really am, cause I probarbly more then anyone want to see them go under. Although I must say, its about time they get their own belts... Why do I have a feeling the World title is going to look pretty good but the tag titles are going to look crap?

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
TNA and NWA have been working on ending their working relationship and the ramifications could begin as early as the TNA PPV this Sunday. Ending the relationship means that the NWA will take back their World and Tag Team Title belts, and that TNA will need to create new belts.

It also means that TNA will no longer be able to reference the NWA history as a way to add lineage and credibility to their World and Tag Team Titles.

The main problem with the working agreement has been that TNA has not been following many of the rules that the NWA has regarding using their name and titles. The main one being that NWA requires to know in advance when a title is going to change hands. TNA has not been notifying them of this.

A split has been expected for awhile which is why TNA stopped using NWA in their name a long time ago (TNA was initially known as NWA-TNA).

The original partnership took place because Jerry Jarrett thought that having the NWA name tied with the TNA name would give the new promotion instant credibility for their weekly PPVs (TNA started as a PPV-exclusive promotion).

This isn't anything new. ECW also broke away from the NWA back in 1994 with a famous promo by Shane Douglas that established the new ECW belt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So it looks like Samoa Joe will win the belt this Sunday,Which is something I've wanted to see for awhile now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As reported earlier, NWA and TNA will be splitting soon, with TNA no longer using the NWA name or titles.

It appears that one of the major problems between the two is that TNA wasn't paying the fee rights that they were supposed to pay based on NWA rules that require them to pay the NWA territory in that region a rights fee for running shows in the area. With TNA planning to run more shows around the country, it wouldn't make sense for them to continue to pay NWA territories a rights fee. Plus with TNA now on national television, they don't really need the NWA name anyway.

TNA will probably just begin calling their current champions "TNA Champions" rather than NWA Champions and give them new belts.

Meanwhile, the NWA plans to put their World Title on former ROH Champion Bryan Danielson.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="video" width="400" height="340" data="http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/video/videoplayer.swf?dppversion=8705"><param value="http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/video/videoplayer.swf?dppversion=8705" name="movie"/><param value="&skin=MP1ExternalAll-MFL.swf&embed=true&adSizeArray=300x240&adSrc=http%3A%2F%2Fad%2Edoubleclick%2Enet%2Fadx%2Ftsg%2Ewaga%2Fgood%5Fday%2Fdetail%3Bdcmt%3Dtext%2Fxml%3Bpos%3D%3Btile%3D2%3Bfname%3DThe%2DMiz%2DPreviews%2DWrestlemania%2D20110331%2Dgda%2Dsd%3Bloc%3Dembed%3Bsz%3D320x240%3Bord%3D437570243820779800%3Frand%3D0%2E13520116892573208&flv=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emyfoxatlanta%2Ecom%2Ffeeds%2FoutboundFeed%3FobfType%3DVIDEO%5FPLAYER%5FSMIL%5FFEED%26componentId%3D134685437&img=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia2%2Emyfoxatlanta%2Ecom%2F%2Fphoto%2F2011%2F03%2F31%2F033111%5Fwwe%5F8a%2EATL%5Ftmb0000%5F20110331083920%5F640%5F480%2EJPG&story=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emyfoxatlanta%2Ecom%2Fdpp%2Fgood%5Fday%5Fatl%2FThe%2DMiz%2DPreviews%2DWrestlemania%2D20110331%2Dgda%2Dsd&category=&title=033111%5Fwwe%5F8a%2Emov&oacct=foximfoximwaga,foximglobal&ovns=foxinteractivemedia&headline=The%20Miz%20Previews%20Wrestlemania" name="FlashVars"/><param value="all" name="allowNetworking"/><param value="always" name="allowScriptAccess"/></object><p style="width:400px"><a href="http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/good_day_atl/The-Miz-Previews-Wrestlemania-20110331-gda-sd">The Miz Previews Wrestlemania: MyFoxATLANTA.com</a></p>