Michael Bay's Production Company May Take Over Halloween 3D

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swinny

Reaction score
Michael Bay's Production Company May Take Over Halloween 3D

Last month we warned that Dimension's long-delayed Halloween 3D may be dead for good, following news that its theatrical release had been plucked from the horror studio's calendar. But now there's buzz that Michael Myers may return to theaters after all, thanks to Platinum Dunes. According to Bloody Disgusting, Michael Bay's production company has entered into negotiations to produce the latest entry in the Halloween reboot series. However, while Dunes' interest in Halloween could keep the series going, it does mean some losses from Dimension's Halloween 3D.

From the sound of it, this deal could mean Halloween 3D will lose its proposed found footage approach, attached directing duo Todd Farmer and Patrick Lussier, (My Bloody Valentine, Drive Angry) and the use of 3D. Basically, Platinum Dunes is considering a total tear down of the project, which should be little surprise to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fans who've recently revolted against Bay's purported revisions to the property for his movie reboot Ninja Turtles. Of course, as this is the third film in the series, the changes Bay and his team could bring to the table will probably be less radical. And to their credit Platinum Dunes co-founders Brad Fuller and Andrew Form have produced a string of well-received horror remakes of late, including The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Amityville Horror, Friday the 13th and A Nightmare On Elm Street.

Each of these titles had a conservative budget that only helped its box office results, so its expected that the next Halloween will be no different. Shedding the costliness of 3D appears to be the first piece in Dunes' cost-cutting equation. And frankly, that seems a shame as My Bloody Valentine displayed some of the most thrilling uses of 3-D I've seen. Still, Michael Myers doesn't need gimmicks to terrify audiences; all he needs are his trademark mask and knife. Let's just hope Bay's brand of rebooting doesn't mess with these elements…or make him an alien.
Cinema Blend

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Oh heavens no...

Swinny

Reaction score
Oh heavens no...

They did the remakes of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Hitcher, which were both surprisingly solid, so this doesn't necessarily mean it will be bad. Granted, they've done a lot of crap too, but it's not an automatic death sentence.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
They did the remakes of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Hitcher, which were both surprisingly solid, so this doesn't necessarily mean it will be bad. Granted, they've done a lot of crap too, but it's not an automatic death sentence.
The TCM remake was just barely alright, I actually preferred TCM: The Beginning. Outside of those, I can't think of a single thing PD has done that's made me want to watch them do it again. And to top that off, I've heard rumblings that they're doing a remake of The Monster Squad, which is something I definitely don't want to see.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Are you people serious? Anything Platinum Dunes has ever done is infinitely better than Rob Zombie's shit fests.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Are you people serious? Anything Platinum Dunes has ever done is infinitely better than Rob Zombie's shit fests.

That's like comparing two piles of shit to see which one smells better. :lol:

Bad News Booty

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Wow a remake of the monster squad? Please please no

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Wow a remake of the monster squad? Please please no

Right? What's the point in that? I can't even begin to imagine how bad it would be.

Bad News Booty

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
What's next Howard the Duck & RAD?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
What's next Howard the Duck & RAD?

They'll be in pre-production as soon as the Gleaming the Cube and She's Out Of Control remakes get made.

Swinny

Reaction score

I love all of Rob Zombie's "shit fests" so you wouldn't find me agreeing with that.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Rob Zombie is Satan

That's like comparing two piles of shit to see which one smells better. :lol:
Not really. The Friday the 13th reboot was miles better than the shit Rob Zombie peddled out. I still watch the PD F13th once in a blue moon.

I love all of Rob Zombie's "shit fests" so you wouldn't find me agreeing with that.
If you honestly liked Rob Zombie's Halloween II, there's not much I can say after that... :lol:

:bastard:

Swinny

Reaction score
Re: Rob Zombie is Satan

If you honestly liked Rob Zombie's Halloween II, there's not much I can say after that... :lol:

Yes, I did. I've said it before, I've defended it countless times and I will countless more and I think the amount of hate it gets is absolutely ridiculous. God forbid he did something DIFFERENT, instead of making a completely pointless remake like just everyone else. I can understand people not liking it, and not liking the way he did it, but it was far from shit. Just a completely different take on a classic character.