Marvel Studios' Echo (2024)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

Echo is an upcoming American television miniseries created by Marion Dayre for the streaming service Disney+, based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name. It is intended to be the tenth television series in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) produced by Marvel Studios, sharing continuity with the films of the franchise and is a spin-off from the series Hawkeye (2021). It sees Maya Lopez return to her hometown where she must come to terms with her past, reconnect with her Native American roots, and embrace her family and community. Dayre serves as head writer for the series with Sydney Freeland leading the directing team. The series is also produced by 20th Television.

Alaqua Cox reprises her role as Maya Lopez / Echo from Hawkeye, with Vincent D'Onofrio, Chaske Spencer, Tantoo Cardinal, Graham Greene, Cody Lightning, Charlie Cox, Devery Jacobs, and Zahn McClarnon also starring. Development of the spin-off began by March 2021, with Etan and Emily Cohen attached as head writers, and Alaqua Cox confirmed to be returning. The series was formally announced in November 2021, when Dayre was revealed to be serving as head writer, with Freeland set to direct by March 2022. Filming occurred from late April to late August 2022, taking place in the Atlanta metropolitan area including Atlanta, Peachtree City, Social Circle, and Grantville, Georgia. In May, Marvel revealed further cast members and that Catriona McKenzie would also direct for the series.

Echo is scheduled to be released in its entirety simultaneously on Disney+ and Hulu on January 10, 2024, and will consist of five episodes, being Marvel Studios' first television release to debut on Hulu and to receive a TV-MA rating. It will be part of Phase Five of the MCU and the first series under the "Marvel Spotlight" banner.

Cast and characters

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I like Tantoo Cardinal and Graham Greene.......but they can't just be the only Natives cast in everything First Nation related.

C'mon Hollywood, there's others.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Holyfuck was this show great.....best Disney+ show since Moonknight.

5 episodes wasn't enough......I WANT MORE DAMMIT!

Half the cast of Reservation Dogs was in this.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Holyfuck was this show great.....best Disney+ show since Moonknight.

5 episodes wasn't enough......I WANT MORE DAMMIT!

Half the cast of Reservation Dogs was in this.
Oh really? I'm about to DL all 5 Episodes just might watch Episode 1 tonight.

Reactions: Deezy

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
There's only 5 episodes of this? I'll binge it tomorrow.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Really enjoyed the first Episode for Echo. Clearly they have good taste getting some of the Res Dogs Cast involved in this. I liked how they bridged Maya's life before the Series as a Child and all the way till after she shot Kingpin. I didn't expect Daredevil to make an appearance in Episode 1 and surely not the last time we see of him more than likely. Maya wants to take Fisk's whole Kingdom down girl you don't know you missed killing him good luck not having that come back on you down the line.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I already got through the whole show and unfortunately I was disappointed. To start off with the good: Alaqua Cox is a great discovery and does all she can to make Echo a great character. There’s also some cool fight scenes and camera work.

The series doesn’t work because it’s too short and never explores any of the interesting ideas that it puts forth. It’s like all the pieces were there and Marvel either didn’t know how or didn’t give enough of a shit to execute on them. Like the last episode is only a half hour and I’m not exaggerating when I tell you barely anything happens in that episode. Also Marvel basically lied with their whole “oh it’s so dark and violent” marketing campaign because it’s really not. There’s like maybe two scenes that feature some blood but this show is NOTHING compared to Daredevil.

I’m at the point now where I feel like Marvel has kind of jumped the shark and they need to get their shit together or even I’m gonna start losing interest.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I've got one Episode to go and overall if I had to grade it right now it would be a 7. I found myself really really really into Choctaw Flashbacks of the History and it's people. I have Cherokee on both of my Grandparents on my Mom's Side as well as Dad and his Mother being part Chreokee and part Puerto Rican with some ties to Africa as well. So when I saw that I was like can we stay here especially the Scenes with the Lacrosse and the Scene with the girl who became a Lighthorse even though she was denied because of her being a Woman. The Series has been okay and had it's moment especially 3 and 4 with the Grandma and Maya sitting down and talking about what has happened over these 20 Years but nothing is sticking with me with this present stuff. We'll see what the Finale holds with Fisk pissed off that Maya is not coming home.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I already got through the whole show and unfortunately I was disappointed. To start off with the good: Alaqua Cox is a great discovery and does all she can to make Echo a great character. There’s also some cool fight scenes and camera work.

The series doesn’t work because it’s too short and never explores any of the interesting ideas that it puts forth. It’s like all the pieces were there and Marvel either didn’t know how or didn’t give enough of a shit to execute on them. Like the last episode is only a half hour and I’m not exaggerating when I tell you barely anything happens in that episode. Also Marvel basically lied with their whole “oh it’s so dark and violent” marketing campaign because it’s really not. There’s like maybe two scenes that feature some blood but this show is NOTHING compared to Daredevil.

I’m at the point now where I feel like Marvel has kind of jumped the shark and they need to get their shit together or even I’m gonna start losing interest.

After watching the Finale for sure the Episode being 30 minutes without added the Credits hurts the Finale. Disney has done this stupidity with alot of their Shows it really stops the momentum the Episode could of had when it's rushed like that. You have the impactful moment of Maya and Mother and the Outfit she is given but you look and are like what the fuck we've still got the action stuff to come it's hard for it to stick. If anyone who has watched Naruto Shippuden know where I'm going with this. I didn't like Maya giving up her powers for a moment to her Grandma nor Cousin. It felt like when Naruto gave up his Kurama Chakra powers to his family and friends to protect them vs Madara and Obito in the last Arc of the Show. At least with that Anime it would make sense they could handle it and fight but come on Maya's family with no training all of a sudden are experts yeah no. Also Fisk runs away after being taken to his Childhood that felt like a Talk to Jutsu when Naruto talked down Obito from destroying the World.