Marvel Isn't Planning a New Hulk Movie Just Yet

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Early buzz seems to agree on two things about The Avengers: It's as big and entertaining as any great summer blockbuster should be, and Mark Ruffalo kind of steals the show as the latest actor to take on the Hulk. That last bit has everyone humming about the possibility of a third, Ruffalo-starring Hulk movie. Combine that growing buzz with the actor saying in interviews he'd love to do his own movie, and you've got all the makings for new Hulk fun time rumors. The trouble is, Marvel doesn't agree, not just yet at least.

Kevin Feige, the President of Production for the comic empire, has also been making his way around the press circuit for The Avengers, and he's quick to try to calm any, "OMG, we're going to get a new Hulk movie!" talk. In a recent interview with Mike Ryan at the Huffington Post, Feige addressed a number of future Marvel projects, and this is the cold water he threw on the Hulk fire:

This was the other shot. Right? I mean, this was the third appearance of Hulk and everything that we had and were going for, we put in to Hulk's appearance in "Avengers." So, I love that people are saying that and are feeling that way about Hulk, but mission accomplished at this point. And the way we go forward, we'll see. But it was a long road to get to this point. Although, I will say, after the screening, I heard various arguments over who was their favorite. Which is my favorite thing: Arguing what was the favorite moment or character. And the fact that so many of them are saying Hulk feels very, very good. Where we go next, we'll see. But we'll be very careful about it and deliberate -- as we were in how we wanted to bring him back in "Avengers."

Granted, he's not ruling out Hulk's standalone prospects entirely, but it's refreshing to see that the studio isn't jumping headfirst into Hulk mania just because this might be his most popular outing yet.

Having said that, Marvel hasn't been laying all their future projects cards on the table (not that anyone would expect them to). ComicBookMovie.com has picked up on a tweet from Ryan Penagos, the Executive Editorial Director of Marvel.com, showing off the humorous number of unread emails in his inbox regarding The Avengers. The latter isn't the only thing in his meticulously organized inbox, though. He's got an alphabetized list of all of Marvel's recent and new movies, and curiously there are two blurred out entries.

It's a blatant tease on Penagos' part, but hey, he wouldn't be good at his job if he didn't know how to get people jabbering about Marvel's properties. And in this case, that means fans like us trying to figure out what between the letters C and G Marvel doesn't want to talk about publicly just yet. Is it Deadpool? Daredevil? Both have been in various stages of prep in the past, attached director David Slade even recently revealed that the latter has stalled due to reasons too boring to disclose, and they're pretty much the only titles that fit the bill. But what comes after Ghost Rider 2? Guardians of the Galaxy? Hulk 3?

Your guess is as good as ours, so feel free to speculate below.

I can't wait for the avengers but I think if it does as well as expected I could see some spinoffs from the group and possible other movies.