Making JBL champ was a bad mistake

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Carter

Capomandamento, Underboss, Consigliere, Three Captain's
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Without JBL being the "final boss," Cena doesn't hit the peak that he does in 2005. Bradshaw's reign accomplished what it needed to do.

Yup think lethal is the post id agree with here, done its purpose JBL reign did. ( that title though, just awful )

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I think that JBL was an amazing heel champion. If he didn’t draw then oh well. Doesn’t mean that I’m not allowed to like him. He played the douchey character perfectly and you really wanted to see him get his ass kicked. Some times things just don’t catch on and that’s ok. I wouldn’t change anything about his run.

Reactions: Brad Boyd

Requiredderiuqer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Another factor to consider is the effect JBL being made champion would have had on the locker room. Here's a guy who was a known bully in the back, didn't pay his dues (not compared to some at least) and had no proven drawing power as a singles guy. My guess is the dressing the room was like WTF? When they heard the choice.

Also although he served a purpose I'm not sure JBL can take the credit for Cena's success. Cena's success came much later.

Nah... JBL is a close friend of another super draw Taker, who happened to be a looker room leader...

Here's an interview with Hogan and the moment when he talks about Undertaker's "leadership":

Reactions: Keith and RLStern

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
What has the Undertaker and Hulk Hogan got to do with JBL? Nothing.

Requiredderiuqer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I think that JBL was an amazing heel champion. If he didn’t draw then oh well. Doesn’t mean that I’m not allowed to like him. He played the douchey character perfectly and you really wanted to see him get his ass kicked. Some times things just don’t catch on and that’s ok. I wouldn’t change anything about his run.

You are allowed to like or dislike (maybe even hate him lol); that's just a matter of opinion but you cannot say that he's done his job, because statistics (facts) says smth different. Sure, it's harder to be a draw playing a heel.

Reactions: RLStern

Sabretooth

Reaction score
You are allowed to like or dislike (maybe even hate him lol); that's just a matter of opinion but you cannot say that he's done his job, because statistics (facts) says smth different. Sure, it's harder to be a draw playing a heel.

I mean I think liking him and doing his job is the same thing lol. I know you refer doing his job to mean drawing but apples to oranges I guess.