Looking Back: If you were McMahon, would you have done the same thing in Montreal?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Vince knows what's good for the business. He knows if he didn't do something about Bret at Survivor Series that year, that wouldn't have been a good business decsion. It might not have been a popular choice to do what he did.

But if i were Vince and put into that postion, i don't think i could've done something like that .I obviously would've been left with no choice but to do something about the issue at hand but i wouldn't have done it the exact way he did. I too think there were other ways to go around this, and avoid a screwjob.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
There is no way I can answer or anybody here can answer this in all honesty. You can try to think what you would do in that position, but you don't know. You would have had to deal with everything Dr. McMahon had to do up to it to even be able to fathom the situation. On the outside looking in it's just like what would you do if you're President of The United States. I'm sure you got some great ideas, but until you are in that possession of power you don't know what you are going to do. You'd probably end up just taking bribes and doing what larger corporations want if anything. This is all just speculation and I can't believe either of you.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If I was in his spot idk if I could have done the same thing but what he did in the end ended up being good for business. If I was asked at that time though I would have created a compromise to where Bret signed a one day contract to show up on Raw to drop the belt to HBK and maybe doing a planned screw job rather than the legit one that happened. That way I (Vince) could still do the heel turn, Bret gets what he wants, and there is no chance Bret leaves WWE with the WWE title like Vince feared.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
If I were Vince, I'd have never been put into that position because Bret would've been denied entry to the company during his tryout after I saw he had absolutely no charisma.

Hypothetically though, if a GOOD talent tried that on me, I'd do what would have to be done. No questions asked, protect your investments.