Raw Live Raw thread, October 31st 2022: Roman Reigns heads to Raw tonight ahead of WWE Crown Jewel

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
All them women crazy.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Even with the third game of the World Series being rained out, the combination of Halloween and the NFL led to one of the lowest ratings in Raw history last night.

The episode averaged 1.50 million viewers and drew a 0.36 rating in 18-49. The 18-49 number tied a February Raw against the Olympics for second place behind the show's all-time low of 0.35 last December. It was the fourth-lowest total viewership number in Raw's history. The third hour was the second lowest in history.

Still, Raw finished in seventh place behind six NFL-related shows. The Cleveland Browns vs. Cincinnati Bengals game did 10.01 million viewers and a 2.84 in 18-49 on ESPN, and 1.29 million viewers and a 0.43 on ESPN2, also well down from usual. Had the World Series game last night not been rained out, this would have almost certainly been the lowest rated Raw in history, so WWE dodged two bullets with the rain-out, because the potential Friday night game was moved to Saturday for a travel day and SmackDown will be back on Fox.

Raw was seventh in women 18-49, seventh in men 18-49, seventh in people 18-34, fifth in women 12-34, and seventh in men 12-34.

It was 22nd for the night in total viewers behind only news and NFL-related shows. The next highest rated non-sports show was Love & Hip Hop Atlanta at 511,000/0.21.

Raw was down eight percent in viewers from last week, down 19 percent in 18-49, and down 13 percent in 18-34. Because the NFL was similar to last week, those drops are likely due to the Halloween night factor.

From one year ago, the show was down 11 percent in viewers, down 23 percent in 18-49, and down 10 percent in 18-34. Last year's show aired on November 1, not on Halloween.

As far as first-to-third hour movement, women 18-49 were up four percent, men 18-49 down five percent, women 12-34 up 10 percent, men 12-34 dropped 12 percent, and people over 50 dropped 16 percent. If there's a reason for the women's increase it would likely be Halloween-related because that's an unusual pattern.

The three hours were:
  • 8 p.m. 1.55 million viewers
  • 9 p.m. 1.59 million viewers
  • 10 p.m. 1.36 million viewers

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I mean last night was a perfect storm with Halloween ontop of the usual Football competition and I know I made a thread about it a while ago but it really bothers me that you have both Brock and Roman advertised for the show and neither of them actually close out the show. I don't care if the womens tag titles were on the line, that match shouldn't be closing out the show and I don't dislike any of the women involved in it. Announce Roman's segment as the main event and see if it stops the usual slide in viewers that they get in the third hour.

I'd love to know how they view the 3rd hour. I assume they dislike it as much as we do but know how good it is for them financially, so they generally just focus on the first 2 hours where people are most likely to stick around and then what will be will be for the 3rd hour.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah they don't give a fuck about the third hour from what I can tell lol it's why they stick the women there a lot sadly but they can tout it as showcasing women in main events

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I didn't watch but i'm seeing at least Miz/Ali, Gargano's tell all interview and the womens title match in the 3rd hour. I don't blame people tuning out at all.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I fell asleep during the women's title match but my rating still counted I think :slip:

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Reggie should be main eventing Raw to boost them ratings.