Raw Live Raw discussion thread, March 27th 2023: Last Raw before WrestleMania - Omos and Brock Lesnar to take part in a WrestleMania weigh-in

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DammitC

Reaction score
the only way Cody doesn't succeed this Sunday is if there's a DQ finish; that's pretty much it

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Jobber Doink said:
Not enjoying the Father shit with Dom, feels horrible using eddie in this fucking storyline
Eddie's been dead for over 18 years. I don't think it's really an issue, especially considering Rey was not only Eddie's best friend, but WWE was already tasteless enough to do an "Is Eddie Dominick's father?" storyline. It's really kind of a non-issue and also keeping up with kayfabe.

DammitC

Reaction score
Highlights of Raw:

- The Miz/Trish Stratus/Lita/Becky Lynch/Damage Control MizTV pre-match opening segment

- Becky Lynch vs Io Shirai

- Seth Rollins/Mustafa Ali backstage segment ( :lol )

- Seth Rollins post-match promo

- Omos/MVP/Brock Lesnar weigh-in segment + attack

- Street Profits/Ricochet/Braun Strowman vs Alpha Academy/Viking Raiders

- Cody Rhodes backstage promo

- Austin Theory empty arena promo

- Dominik Mysterio pre-match promo

- Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens backstage promo

- Cody Rhodes vs Solo Sikoa + Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens brawling with the Usos to help Cody Rhodes beat Solo Sikoa

Jobber Doink

Reaction score
Grim said:
Eddie's been dead for over 18 years. I don't think it's really an issue, especially considering Rey was not only Eddie's best friend, but WWE was already tasteless enough to do an "Is Eddie Dominick's father?" storyline. It's really kind of a non-issue and also keeping up with kayfabe.
I still don't like it and don't enjoy tasteless shit like this. It soured me to the whole thing

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Jobber Doink said:
I still don't like it and don't enjoy tasteless shit like this. It soured me to the whole thing
I mean to each his own but children getting into arguments with their parents and saying that they wish their parent wasn't their parent is not new at all. And yeah he said Eddie, who in storyline is legit thought to be his birth father and is in real life pretty much his uncle.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The go-home Raw for WrestleMania last night averaged 1.84 million viewers with a 0.56 rating in 18-49 and a 0.41 rating in 18-34, winning the night on cable and beating everything on network TV except The Bachelor and The Voice.

The show had the daylight saving time pattern of people tuning in later, as the second hour was the most-watched, but there was a significant third-hour drop, unlike last week when they kept the Roman Reigns appearance until the end. This week's third hour was built around Cody Rhodes vs. Solo Sikoa.

Raw was first in almost every key demo. In women 18-49, Raw did a 0.36, barely beating two NCAA women's basketball tournament games which did 0.35 and 0.34 in women 18-49 respectively. Raw did a 0.24 in women 12-34, behind the Ohio State vs. Virginia Tech game at 0.25.

Raw was 16th for the day in total viewers on cable, behind 13 news shows and the two women's college basketball games.

In particular, Raw was well above usual with men under the age of 35. It was the best Raw numbers since the episode after Elimination Chamber.

The Maryland vs. South Carolina game did 2,167,000/0.40 and the Ohio State vs. Virginia Tech game did 233,000/0.44, both on ESPN. There was also a U.S. vs. El Salvador soccer game that did 433,000/0.17 on TNT. ESPN2 had an XFL game that did 371,000/0.10.

Raw was up four percent in viewers from last week, up one percent in 18-49, and up five percent in 18-34.

From last year's go-home show, Raw was down seven percent in viewers, and it's been rare for this year's number to be behind last year. But it was even in 18-49 year-over-year and this year was up 21 percent in 18-34, again showing the audience is younger than in 2022.

Factoring in homes lost by cable, the real percentage drops are one percent in viewers, an increase of six percent in 18-49, and an increase of 26 percent in 18-34.

As far as first-to-third hour drops, it was down 14 percent in women 18-49, no drop in men 18-49, a 16 percent drop in women 12-34, a six percent drop in men 12-34, and an 11 percent drop with people over 50.

The three hours were:
  • 8 p.m. 1.91 million viewers
  • 9 p.m. 1.92 million viewers
  • 10 p.m. 1.70 million viewers

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
those 2 hours are so damn steady damn.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I still haven't seen this Raw because all the different torrents I have been trying to get since Tuesday morning are actually the episode from last year when Braun came back and Lashley beat Miz in the steel cage

• Haha
Reactions: Vegeta

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Finally found it. I just realized that the waiter who gets glassed in the Goodfellas parody with the Bloodline is the new NXT guy

Reactions: Vegeta