Let's revisit this Rivalry on RAW in 2005

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Everyone who has enjoyed Wrestling in 2000s know what this rivalry was all about.

This is a documentary on The Edge and Lita vs Matt Hardy feud

After watching this I couldn't help but to think that this was a very controversial time in Wrestling.

The fans were probably more involved with the program then than they would ever be.

Personal issues basically boiled over from off screen to on screen. This was as real as it could get....

You can't help but to wonder what was going through Matt Hardy's mind, hell... even Edge and Lita minds.

How did you guys react to this when it first aired? Because I was still a kid when this happened....

What did you all think about it?

Reactions: Vampire Quinn

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It was hot as fuck and I’d def not be friends with Matt’s ugly ass if it meant several nights of anal with Lita!

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
There's a lot of things I thought about this rivalry

1) I felt extremely bad for Matt Hardy. He felt that he was used and played by his one time love Lita and best friend Edge

It shows how Matt is a very good guy to trust his girlfriend around his best friend alone on road trips.

But think about it he did not expect for those two to actually come together behind his back

The to make things worst Edge & Lita would actually run with the ball. Make out on live tv and all that shit.... You cannot help but to wonder what was going through Matt Hardy's mind.

2) As a young man myself I feel partially bad for Edge. Because of him feeling strongly about his private life being aired out for everyone to see.

A lot of men don't want the fact that you are expressing love for someone to be out for everyone to see on internet, let alone your best friend's girlfriend.

It also made him the most hated wrestler in WWE at one point.

3) I feel slightly bad for Lita because it was an unstable work environment for her. Just imagine if a fan attacked her

but really she brought that on herself by engaging in stuff with Edge behind Matt Hardy's back.

besides that I could give a damn less about her...

It was hot as fuck and I’d def not be friends with Matt’s ugly ass if it meant several nights of anal with Lita!
There's many other Female Wrestlers you could have anal with. Like Trish Stratus....

Although she was dumb for trying to take up for Lita when the fans were dogging her out.

I'm telling you as a friend because I don't want to see you catch an STD from Lita....... :)

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I've come to greatly appreciate both this and the preceding Kane v. Matt Hardy storyline. This is what made Edge a top level star. It shot him straight up the card, even faster than the MITB contract or short HBK feud. It made him the top heel in the company. It's considered a tasteless or, at least, poorly booked angle but Hardy was the egg that was required to make the cake. Edge just burying Hardy put Edge a level or two higher than he would've if this was an even rivalry. Means to an end, and it's a crucial stepping stone in making Edge the legend he is now.

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Everyone who has enjoyed Wrestling in 2000s know what this rivalry was all about.

This is a documentary on The Edge and Lita vs Matt Hardy feud

After watching this I couldn't help but to think that this was a very controversial time in Wrestling.

The fans were probably more involved with the program then than they would ever be.

Personal issues basically boiled over from off screen to on screen. This was as real as it could get....

You can't help but to wonder what was going through Matt Hardy's mind, hell... even Edge and Lita minds.

How did you guys react to this when it first aired? Because I was still a kid when this happened....

What did you all think about it?

I remember all the Edge and Lita segments! Wrestling went downhill sorta after that whole era.... :( In My Opinion.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Mostly it is just hard for me to believe it was so long ago

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I just wish I was not a kid when this all happened.

Because I hear the Wrestling fans on all the forums were lit and going crazy over this case.

If I wasn't a kid back then me and my older brother would be in that subject 24/7