Leave the World Behind (2023)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
leave-the-world-behind.jpeg

Release Date: November 22, 2023

Cast
Synopsis: A family vacation on Long Island is interrupted by two strangers bearing news of a mysterious blackout. As the threat grows more imminent, both families must decide how best to survive the potential crisis, all while grappling with their own place in this collapsing world.

Trailer:

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Pretty intriguing concept and that cast list is great, I really enjoy Mahershala Ali, Julia Roberts and Ethan Hawke. Looking forward to this one.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Watched this last night. One of those films I felt is made better just by having the cast it has, but I did really enjoy the overall plot and thought it was one of the more interesting apocalyptic films that I've seen. The film does require some patience from the viewer as it's quite dialogue heavy, not a ton of action outside of some select scenes. The dialogue itself is really good though, I found myself getting sucked in to the characters and their interactions. One of my favourite scenes was just a really long scene where Julia Roberts and Mahershala Ali are just talking but they tell such a good story with just words. It definitely kept me intrigued and the visual style of it was really strong, So many awesome shots, especially when the scenes pan between the rooms. I just thought it was really creatively filmed and keeps your attention to the screen. Even when there's nothing too major happening. Ending will almost certainly divide you, I liked it after thinking it over. I liked how it just did such a great job keeping me curious as to what is happening.