Kofi Kingston on his injured jaw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
kofidetails.jpg

Image: WWE

On this week's episode of The New Day's Feel the Power podcast, Kofi Kingston detailed when he suffered his jaw injury.

Kingston spoke about the injury while discussing the difference in adrenaline when wrestling without fans in the building:
So going back to when I had injured my jaw, I got kneed in the face by Cedric Alexander like three weeks ago. And a couple of my teeth chipped. It was all fine -- it was cool. And the point of impact was just real sore. I thought okay it’s a bruise or whatever. The next week we actually had like a six-man match and everything was fine. A little pain but not terrible.

And then the next week when we had our match -- right before we went out, it just kept feeling like it was like just loose. Like, 'oh, this is weird.' And as soon as we get out there to the ring, I’m moving around and now I’m feeling it kind of like come out of place and just feel like it wasn’t set in. And I feel like if the fans were there, I wouldn’t have felt that. Like throughout the whole entire match, anytime something would happen, I would get hit or whatever, I’ll grab my jaw. And I’m like, the entire match thinking about it the whole time. But, if we had fans there -- I’ve been, not necessarily injured, but have been hurt in a match, and you just feel like the adrenaline of the crowd and it makes you will your way through it. So, I don't know man, It changes the whole dynamic of just how we do what we do and the approach even. It's just really really strange. I don't know if it’s for the better or for the worse. I guess the best way I can describe it is just being different.

The New Day (Kingston & Xavier Woods) lost the Raw Tag Team titles to The Hurt Business (Alexander & Shelton Benjamin) at December's TLC pay-per-view. Kingston tweeted after the match that he was still spitting out pieces of his teeth.

The Hurt Business (Bobby Lashley, MVP, Alexander & Benjamin) defeated Kingston, Woods, Jeff Hardy & Riddle in an eight-man tag match on the December 28 episode of Raw. Kingston & Woods then defeated The Miz & John Morrison on the Legends Night edition of Raw the following week.

It was claimed on last Monday's Raw that Kingston wasn't on the show due to suffering a broken jaw during a match against The Hurt Business in recent weeks. Woods lost a singles match to T-Bar on the episode after being distracted by RETRIBUTION.

Source: f4wonline.com

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Cedric better start using more knees.

Get on that Omega and Murphy levels of knee strikes.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'd rather suffer a jaw injury than to job out to Retribution.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris