Kickboxer Tyrone Spong To MMA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
De La Hoya vs Mayweather

Is anyone ordering the fight? if so... who do you think will win?
I think Mayweather will win, even though I like De La Hoya better, I think he may be in it for the money.

Wrestling God

Reaction score
Hell yeah i am watching it cannot wait, i think the fight will go the whole way and i think De La Hoya will win.

Kennedy

Reaction score
DAMN Mayweather won, I really wanted Del La Hoya to win, it was quite a weak match though.

Wrestling God

Reaction score
Yeah i thought it would have been a better fight De La Hoye owned him in the first few rounds.

Miller

Reaction score
It was a decent fight, i thought De La Hoya was going to win, hopefully this isn't his last boxing match and he can fight another and maybe go out wit the win.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
26-year-old kickboxer Tyrone Spong spoke with MMAJunkie.com about considering a transition to MMA and how he believes he will do. Here are some highlights:

His promise to the American fans: "The American fans have shown me a lot of love and a lot of respect. They motivate me. It's guys like that help you keep pushing to get better. If I do come here to the U.S. to do MMA, I will entertain you. That's a promise."

His inspiration for making the transition: "The first time I thought about trying MMA was about five years ago. I came into the States and trained with Floyd Mayweather Sr. for almost three months in Las Vegas. Before I was there, I was in Miami and trained with the Gracies. They told me I should start thinking about MMA because I was picking up the ground game very quickly. At the same time, when I was working in Vegas, Floyd Sr. and Bob Arum wanted to offer me a three-year contract for boxing, only. At that moment, I realized I know how to adjust. When I train, I pick up things very fast. I can do anything in fighting, in this game. It's just about how you adjust and how you utilize your abilities. At a certain level, it just comes down to how talented you are. I think I'm very talented, and I want to prove it."

How he believes he will do: "Everything I do, I do it to be the best at it. If I compete, I don't think – I know for sure – that I will get a title for sure. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense for me to compete in a sport.Why should I compete in a sport if I don't want to be a champion? I want to be the best at it. If I do try MMA, I know I will get a title."