Kevin Nash says Eddie and Benoit becoming champion was the end of the business

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Few things

I'm guessing Jericho main eventing mania 2008 is a typo as the mania he main evented was in 2002. Nash never leaving the main event scene is kinda false since I'm sure he wasn't in the main event picture at the end of his WWF run and was in midcard angles winning tag titles in WCW and wouldn't exactly brag about him not leaving the main event scene in WCW since for a good bit there he was booking the show so not really an accomplishment. And Nash never main evented mania where did you get that from? LT vs Bam Bam main evented mania 11, and HBK vs Bret main evented mania 12.

I actually got it massively wrong off the top of my head.

Was sure Diesel/HBK was main event of '95 (it was really tho) and thought Diesel/Taker in '96 was for the title.

Duh, Cork blunder. Lets pretend that never happened.

I stick to Nash >>>> Jericho though. Longevity as a top name, plus anyone who tries to say he wasn't over, watch Royal Rumble 2011.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
HBK/Desiel should have main evented without a doubt but yeah it didn't. Nash's success with the NWO is indeed bigger than anything Jericho did I won't argue there but it wasn't like Jericho's fact about WWF being at it's lowest point when he was WWF champ. Jericho has a great legacy and has better longevity than Nash's just the big difference is Jericho never got a shot at being the man like Nash did or not even on Punk's level of being depended on by the company. He is this generations Piper just with title reigns which is not bad at all.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah, I'd want to forget I posted to if I thought Diesel/Taker was for the belt on the same card with the Hart/Michaels Ironman match.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
HBK/Desiel should have main evented without a doubt but yeah it didn't. Nash's success with the NWO is indeed bigger than anything Jericho did I won't argue there but it wasn't like Jericho's fact about WWF being at it's lowest point when he was WWF champ. Jericho has a great legacy and has better longevity than Nash's just the big difference is Jericho never got a shot at being the man like Nash did or not even on Punk's level of being depended on by the company. He is this generations Piper just with title reigns which is not bad at all.

But you could easily make the case that he was never 'the man' because his title reigns were so forgettable.

He was unfortunate that his first run coincided with Triple H returning and squashing him, but his runs since have been very average.

He's always been the guy against the guy who draws big, much like Triple H, Kane, etc. No problem in that, but he definitely hasn't got the star appeal to be the main man.

Yeah, I'd want to forget I posted to if I thought Diesel/Taker was for the belt on the same card with the Hart/Michaels Ironman match.

Nah, I got confused with the dates and thought Nash headlined the one where Sid did.