Keith's WWE 2011 Royal Rumble Review

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Royal Rumble 2011

World Heavyweight Title
I must have been watching a different match from everyone else, because I expected this to blow the rest of the undercard out of the water, but it didn't I just found it to be very sluggish and clumsy. It just left me cold, and lacked the emotion a world title match on PPV needs. If Ziggler is a future headliner, then I will be running the WWE by Easter, because here he showed me hardly anything! As much as I have loved Edge over his career, the injuries are finally catching up to him, Rated-R looked very rusty here. The finish was quite novel, but it was a little drawn out, which sort of telegraphed the fact that Edge was likely to retain.

5.5/10

WWE Title
This was just what I was expecting, a slow, typical, punch/kick/chinlock/signature move/cheap finish match which was at least five minutes too long. Miz's brawling was poor, but Orton has to take most the blame as he just couldn't be botherd. The finish with Punk was a nice twist and made sense, but again did little for the Miz.

4/10

Divas Title
Agree with everyone else on the Eve factor, and her winning the match makes it even worse, any other result I would have been happy with. The match itself I thought was quite decent, and would have better given more time.

5/10

Rumble match
The first half was excellent, DB and CM Punk were the perfect two to kick things off, I loved the Chavo, Booker and Diesel moments, and Punk's heeliness with the Nexus worked really well. All went down hill when Cena entered. The comedy moments were way too drawn out, yes there is a place for them in the rumble, but less is more. The Hornswoogle thing just got very annoying after awhile.

It was a nice suprise seeing ADR win, but I still don't think it was the right one as he only debut last summer, and I don't think fans will except him as a maineventer yet. Morrison or Punk should have won IMO. Anyway the way Del Rio won wasn't great, firstly he entered at number 38 so was not given much time to shine, second he was oversadowed by the Cena/Miz thing, and how he won the match was flukey by sneaking up behind Orton and Barrett, and then finishing with a comedy moment with Santino. This had to be one of the most unremarkable rumble wins ever.

Overall a good rumble, but not up there with some of the recent ones.

7/10

5/10 overall for the event. Another disapointing night for WWE.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I could upgrade it to a six, but no higher, honestly I was expecting quite big things from it, and it just didn't deliver IMO