Keith Berish faces Torn ACL & MCL

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
The Ultimate Finale 19 kicked things off with the UFC debut of Robert Drysdale fighting British light heavyweight Keith Berish.

Drysdale defeated Berish via Submission with a Rear Naked Choke, but the more severe damage actually took place when his knee buckled beneath him and awkwardly bended backwards.

Berish took to Underground MMA forums where he explained the severity of his injury.

Keith Berish said:
So I fought Drysdale yesterday afternoon, and the fight was going not too bad. Felt comfortable in there even with him on my back and all.

Stood up from the ground with him still on my back to wear his legs out, but unfortunately he started twisting the grip he had on my chin and as our weight shifted my knee blew out.

Dr. told me yesterday mostly torn ACL and MCL but believe your ass I will be back better then ever and at 185!!! This was still a great experience for me and now it’s just moving forward.

Thanks to everyone who supports me and the other fighters as well cuz like they say anything can happen and usually will happen and this was just one of those things.

Following his debut in the octagon, Berish was undefeated in his MMA career at 5-0 on the British MMA circuit.

Author: Alex Cochrane
Cited source: Dana Becker (fightline.com)

------------------------------------------------------------

Ouch! Just hearing about this makes me cringe, not to mention I have torn my ACL in the past. This is not good, he's gonna be out for a long time.