• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keep Paul Orndorff in your thoughts

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
About a month ago his son posted a video, and it's really heartbreaking.

I will always choice to remember him for the legend he was in the ring.

Edit: I took the video down because honestly Paul didn't sign off on it being put up.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
A true legend, had one of the greatest heel runs in pro wrestling history when him and Hulk Hogan sold out arenas from coast to coast in 1986 because people really believed he had a chance to beat Hogan and win the belt
Their cage match on Saturday Nights Main Event is one of the most iconic moments of that storied shows entire run, if you havent watched it yet, I highly recommend you check it out soon
Really hate to see him in this kind of shape

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Yeah I'd definitely call him underrated despite his "first Mania main event event" accolade. I echo deezy's thoughts about the Hulk feud too, one of the biggest rivalries that'd be talked about more if PPVs were more of a thing back then

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
I hope everything works out for Orndorff. Man is a legend of legends and one of the most likeable people outside of his wrestling persona.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?

I took the video down here, because it's so sad to see, and Paul didn't sign off on it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
WWE Hall Of Famer Paul Orndorff’s son Travis posted the following messages on Instagram regarding his father’s health:

“After getting vaccinated, got to see my dad for the first time in a year. Still did not remember me but he’s not in bad spirits. Don’t kid yourself…concussion syndrome is real!!!! Haircut and shave coming next week.”

“This is real! Keep him in your prayers. Please share this video. CTE is real. This is the reality for many of our childhood heroes. Thank you for the amazing support and messages. They will get shared with my father on my next visit.”

Here is the video that Travis asked fans to share:

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Orndorff has always been one of my top guys as long as I can remember. He’s pretty solidified as my #4 all time. This shit breaks my heart. Damn injuries really shortened his career. That Hogan feud while awesome is what killed his body as he worked through an injury instead of getting it taken care of but he didn’t wanna lose the money from being in the vs Hogan spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cwalker

You really hate to see something like this. I don’t think his impact on the business will ever be as appreciated as it should be.

All I can do is send prayers to his family