JR's Blog Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I was like ...

awww .... aww aww awwww.... awww aww aww... aww ... AWW! AWW!!! Monkey! awww awww... awww

Tasteless, completely tasteless, though I wont deny that i laughed just a little inside.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Bringing this thread back like on WCF: http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog

Jerry Lawler:
"Emailer...For any wrestling fan to begrudge Jerry Lawler of getting the opportunities that are coming his way that hopefully lead to his first ever Wrestlemania bout is senseless and embarrassing to even address. It's beyond stupidity. King has been entertaining fans for 40 years and working in WWE for 18 years. If Jerry Lawler hasn't earned his opportunity to perform at Wrestlemania then no one in WWE has. No one.

In today's transitional marketplace where many younger talents are being given to the ball to run with and being provided, for many, with pre-mature opportunities, Lawler is arguably in the top three of all the fan favorites on Monday Night Raw along with John Cena and Randy Orton. King knows his craft, is a master in-ring psychologist, and will make who ever he performs with better."

Tough Enough Airings:
"Good to see that USA Network is going to air the new, Tough Enough three times a week. As I have said before, Tough Enough is a major priority for WWE/USA Network and they are relying on a battle tested, outside production company to make this version of the reality show hot."

Hall of Fame Airing on Monday:
"I like the idea of USA broadcasting the WWE HOF Induction Ceremony on Monday night prior to MNR that follows WM27. The show will be slicker, better edited/produced and should be a fast paced, one hour show. I wonder if www.wwe.com will carry the 2011 HOF Induction Ceremony live on line on Saturday night?"
Preaching the gospel to the choir about King :clap:

Nice to hear about Tough enough being taken seriously as opposed to NXT

HOF on Monday is interesting, but hey if they can piece it together better I won't mind waiting to see HBK. I honestly feel the reason they put it in the Monday spot is solely so more people watch HBK's speech than they have the past ones in the Saturday slot.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
- Jim Ross is back with another blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights:

JR going to Mexico for WWE:
"I will be flying to Mexico City this week to take part in a major, groundbreaking, WWE news event on Thursday afternoon. I, along with others from WWE, will be at Vive Cuervo Salon in Mexico City for the 3:30 pm event. It's FREE to the public but I suggest that if you are attending that you arrive early to secure your place in what promises to be a historic event for WWE in the tradition rich, grappling city of Mexico City. The doors open at 2 p.m."

Hacksaw Duggan in the Hall of Fame:
"Congrats to Hacksaw Jim Duggan on the announcement that 'Hack' is going into the WWE Hall of Fame this year. The Glens Falls, New York native is one of the distinguished, Mid South Wrestling alums who learned his skills under the watchful and demanding eye of Cowboy Bill Watts. Jim became a huge star in Mid South before venturing 'up north' to take his skills to WWE."

Road Warriors possible in the Hall:
"The Road Warriors are certainly deserving of WWE HOF honors and this could well be their year in Atlanta. How could anyone of sanity not think that the Legion of Doom would not be WWE HOF worthy?"

WWE going TV-14:
"Can we stop with the TV14 questions? For some reason, folks think that because Rock and then John Cena got edgy with their in ring promos in recent RAWS that perhaps WWE is going back to a more risqué presentation ala a TV14 format. I don't speak for WWE but going all the way back to TV14 would shock me. I'm not a guy who lives or dies by a TV rating but rather judges a wrestling, TV show by what I see in the ring headlined by high quality, physical wrestling action and not by the use of edgy language even though I do enjoy that too when effectively utilized. I will admit that in the past two weeks that I have been pleasantly surprised by some of the verbiage on MNR. I have grandkids and I would have had no issues with them watching Raw with me."

Triple H and Undertaker:
"It's been years since I witnessed a more effective TV segment on any wrestling program where not a word was said as I experienced Monday night between the Undertaker and HHH. Amazing stuff for this old schooler as the two, future WWE Hall of Fame icons sold tickets and PPV's with their eyes and well earned reputations. This segment was so good that I went back and watched it again and then had to show the 'moment' to my wife when she arrived home."

Michael Cole's promo on RAW:
"Did Michael Cole step over the line Monday night when he spoke of Jerry Lawler's recently deceased mother? Many of you think that he did. I was very uncomfortable with the remark but my wife gasped when she heard it. It would seem to me that specific subject matter will likely not be revisited in upcoming weeks but if it is it won't be without controversy. Very touchy subject matter, without question."
Pretty much agree about bringing up King's mom. I don't usually scream cheap heat for stuff but that is one of the things I think should be left alone.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He tweeted about it too and I agreed with him in that thread, as well

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Also I figured the rating was gonna be brought up since Cena was able to be the rapper Cena and be edgy and Rock was being Rock. I just think it was them realizing they had to take the gloves off of Cena when it came to Rock and you can't really tame the Rock.

Ben

Reaction score
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog, which you can read in its entirety at JRsBarBQ.com. Here are some highlights of what JR wrote about:

Batista vs. Ken Shamrock: "Yes I would watch a rumored Batista vs. Ken Shamrock MMA fight that is making the rounds on the 'net. However, I'd love to see Kenny hang 'em up and simply train fighters but the name identity that Batista and Shamrock bring to the table would provide more than ample sizzle for any promoter. I'd watch this train wreck I'll honestly admit. "

Cyborg Santos To WWE? "Is Cris Cyborg leaving MMA/Strikeforce to migrate to WWE? Beats the hell out of me just as she would if she chose to but it is an interesting internet rumor. Seeing more athletic, hard hitting women compete in WWE is intriguing for me as a fan. Cris Cyborg is arguably the baddest women on the planet but she would need to learn better English and the art form of pro wrestling or she would run out of opposition in WWE just as she has seemingly done in MMA. Cyborg would be huge draw on a WWE event in Brazil, for example, or so I think. "

Sin Cara's WWE Debut: "The Mistico name is owned by the wrestling promotion CMLL in Mexico City which is why the athletes formerly known as Mistico is now known as Sin Cara. I expect Sin Cara to debut after WM27 so as to not get lost in the Wrestlemania shuffle so to speak. Right now it's all about WM27 and not about introducing new people. Makes sense to me."

Batista/Shamrock would be pretty horrible, Shamrock is a mess and should of retired about 5 years ago.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Thought Shamrock been retired why the hell is he still fighting smh.

Ben

Reaction score
On the Watts library: "The WWE does not own the UWF/Watts library but have tried to buy it on multiple occasions. I hope WWE does obtain it some day but I'm WAY out of that loop. If you want to own a piece of wrestling history you can visit the UWF website, which is ran by Bill Watts' ex-wife and his kids @ http://www.universalwrestling.com. They do a nice job in packaging the library which has some of the best episodic, weekly, one hour TV shows ever produced in the pro wrestling genre. Yes...I'm biased but I'm not alone in that opinion."

On Mike Knox: "A Twitter follower asked me about former WWE grappler Mike Knox. I always liked Knox and felt like he had 'something.' I'm not sure why he was released. I haven't heard any thing about Mike in a long while but hope that he's healthy and happy. Nice guy with solid athleticism which is a commodity for such a big guy."

On Snooki: "Lots of old school wrestling fans are squealing like a pig stuck under a gate w/ the announcement that Jersey Shore's Snooki will be the guest host of an upcoming Monday Night Raw. Obviously, WWE is simply trying to get her appearance noticed in outside media outlets which is timely with WM27 getting closer. It's a PR move folks so I wouldn't make any more of it than that. Snooki's time on MNR likely will be of the 'cup of coffee' variety but will also get TMZ-like exposure that reaches non wrestling fans."

On WWE NXT Season Five: "The new season of NXT starts this week. I hear that some changes will be made for the presentation that is on http://www.wwe.com on Tuesday nights. I liked the last 'class' of NXT rookies especially Johnny Curtis and Brodus Clay. Clay has the size and look of a 'killer villain' and he's impressed me, as have others, in FCW."

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Raw: "Got a great email late Monday night from The Rock who was enjoying Raw. I look forward to the opportunity to visit with the Great One in Atlanta. Rock was definitely one of our all time best signings and it's guys like him that made my tenure as head of talent relations seem so successful."

The angle on Raw: "The segment that I joined in progress for a combustible cameo was the highest rated segment of the entire show. That tells me that the Lawler-Cole WM bout is greatly anticipated and that their personal issue has significant interest. Strange, isn't it, how a long arching, well planned and strategic, personal issue still works in the 'ever changing' world of pro wrestling?"

Snooki: "While Snooki's in ring expertise may never be confused with many past or present WWE Divas, the value of having Snooki on the Wrestlemania card has already been established with the massive amount of main stream PR that the 'Jersey Shore' personality has garnered. I was amazed at how short Snooki was as she seemed to be cooperative and professional based on my limited observations of her."

Ross at Mania:
"As I Tweeted earlier today @JRsBBQ, there are several reports on the Internet as to what my exact assignment will be at WM27. Some have even reported it as a firm, definitive news item. The truth is that I have not been informed as to any, definite role I may have at WM27 other than my two appearances at Axxess. Obviously, I would enjoy broadcasting WM27 but that decision isn't mine to make and whatever call is made I will be good with for WM27 weekend. Broadcasting the four hour PPV

Kurt Angle Back in WWE: “Will Kurt Angle ever return to WWE? How would I or any one other than Kurt and the WWE decision makers know the answer to this? However, I’d suggest that most former WWE talents who had the chance to come back to WWE and earn a good, steady living would all entertain that thought. Angle’s greatest professional moments IMO were in WWE and him being able to finish in WWE might make for some compelling TV. Again, not my call.”

Jeff Hardy’s Recent Issues: “I choose not to respond in detail to recent TNA internal issues as I don’t follow their product closely nor do I know the actual details of what may or may not have occurred over the past few days. However, I do still profess to the philosophy that if one can’t solve a problem one must eliminate it.”