• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John Morrison Wins Gold on First Post-WWE Appearance

W-olf

thumb.php

John Morrison became the World Wrestling Fan Xperience (WWFX) Champion last night in the Philippines by beating Shelton Benjamin. In Morrison’s first post-WWE wrestling appearance, he scooped a brand new championship on a card stacked with formerWWE talent.

Morrison played the babyface in a match that saw a ref bump and Benjamin attempt to use the championship belt to help him get the win. Morrison eventually scooped the win with his signature move, Starship Pain.

After the match, Morrison celebrated with the other faces on the card including his girlfriend Melina.

Full Results:
1. Jimmy Yang beat Billy Gunn
2. Hurricane Helms beat Shawn Daivari
3. Melina beat Jillian Hall
4. Rhyno beat Luke Gallows
5. Carlito beat Gene Snitsky
6. MVP beat Chris Masters
7.John Morrison beat Shelton Benjamin

credit EWN

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Rhyno vs. Luke Gallows could be one hell of a match. I'll be checking this out when it becomes available.

Castiel

I'm guessing (or at least kinda hoping) this promoter doesn't have any small local guys or regulars working for him? If he did then he would be a terrible booker with only former WWE guys wrestling for him. You only need to book one to get the fans to come, but I guess his thing is too book only them?

Anyways, congrats Morrison!

Postman Dave

Huh, an indy based entirely around WWE rejects. Must be costly for the owner.

Yay Morrison I guess? But let's face it, does that particular belt really mean anything?