• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jim Ross comments on Jerry Lawler's WWE contract status

Chris

Dreams are Endless

During Thursday's episode of his Grilling JR podcast, Ross expressed that he felt bad about Lawler's WWE contract not being renewed. Ross thinks that he and Lawler will reunite their memorable commentary team at some point down the road, whether that's on television or as a one-off at a personal appearance.

I felt bad about this week's news about Lawler, my partner. You know, I don’t think that he and I have worked our last match together, I really don’t believe that. I think somewhere down the road -- if nothing else it’ll be at an appearance.
The 72-year-old Ross stressed that he's not saying Lawler will be joining him in AEW. Ross said he doesn't know anything about that and it isn't his role to hire talent.

I just think that JR and The King at an appearance is marketable after all these years together. So we’ll see how that works out. I’m not saying that he’s going to join the staff at AEW, whatsoever. I don’t have any idea about that. And nor do I want to know, it’s not my place to hire talent. But I certainly feel in my bones that there will be opportunities for he and I to work together, whether it be on a TV show, a one-off type thing, or certainly some appearances.