Jim Carreys New Project

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
After rumors have been circulating for some time, the star has officially joined the cast of "Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall."

Director Jeff Wadlow tweeted the official news, saying, "6 days till we start shooting... and we officially have our Colonel. Alrighty f'n then!"

Carrey will play The Colonel, a new superhero who helps lift the spirits of good guys Kick-Ass (Aaron Johnson) and Hit-Girl (Chloe Moretz) in the fight against crime.

Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Nicolas Cage are also returning for the sequel. Matthew Vaughn ("X-Men: First class"), the original's director, will produce this time around with Wadlow directing.

Carrey has appeared in comic book adaptations before, namely the '90s hits "The Mask" and "Batman Forever." He'll next been seen alongside Steve Carell in "Burt Wonderstone."

"Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall" will hit theaters June 28, 2013.

Guy needs something I cant remember the last movie of his I actually enjoyed. Thats not even an exageration I honestly cant remember it Truman Show maybe.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Guy needs something I cant remember the last movie of his I actually enjoyed. Thats not even an exageration I honestly cant remember it Truman Show maybe.

No he has done a few good things since then. Man in the Moon (1998), Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004) and Enternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) were all very good and I heard good things about I Love Philip Morris also. It is annoying how he keeps returning to type through. This seems a good part for him.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I enjoyed his work in that movie with the Penguins. It was pretty goofy. I think he'll be a good addition to the cast. What's Cage going to do though? Come in for dreams that Hit Girl has or something?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not to sure how he will go in this role but hopefully for his sake he can produce something good. Was a fan of his in the 90s but haven't really enjoyed his recent work.

I am actually looking forward to the Burt Wonderstone film with Carrell and Carey playing rival magicians.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Not to sure how he will go in this role but hopefully for his sake he can produce something good. Was a fan of his in the 90s but haven't really enjoyed his recent work.

I am actually looking forward to the Burt Wonderstone film with Carrell and Carey playing rival magicians.

So does that mean you are more a fan of his comic work than serious roles?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I enjoyed his work in that movie with the Penguins. It was pretty goofy. I think he'll be a good addition to the cast. What's Cage going to do though? Come in for dreams that Hit Girl has or something?

Yeah that was directed by the guy who did Mean Girls so maybe it was not as bad as it looked.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
So does that mean you are more a fan of his comic work than serious roles?

Well yes I think that he as a comedian does better playing comedic roles. Plus I like magic so the plot of that Burt Wonderstone movie appeals to me in that sense as well.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
He's a comedian, why does everyone want him to play serious roles?

I've liked him in pretty much everything he's ever done (comedy movie wise), hell I even liked The Cable Guy.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
He's a comedian, why does everyone want him to play serious roles?

I've liked him in pretty much everything he's ever done (comedy movie wise), hell I even liked The Cable Guy.

Because he's better at serious roles, the likes of ESOTSM, Truman Show and Man in the Moon bare that out. Difference is with Cable Guy is that it was more of a black comedy, and the focus more on the Ben Stiller character with Carry reigned in.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
This is great news, anyone thinking for half a second that Carey cant pull off a comic book characters just needs to remember 2 things.

THE MASK!
THE RIDDLER!

That is all.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This is great news, anyone thinking for half a second that Carey cant pull off a comic book characters just needs to remember 2 things.

THE MASK!
THE RIDDLER!

That is all.

Truth!!!

Also, Carrey should stop trying to get his oscar, he pissed people off in the early 90s by bitching about comedy not getting recognition/

Go back to the well a few more times, comedy is cyclical and slapstick is going to make a comeback.

Reaction score
I might watch it just to see what kind of impact he has on it. I didn't watch much of Kick-Ass. To be honest, I only watched 10 minutes of the ending, but I love Jim Carrey and every movie I've seen him in so this should be any different.