Jazmin Allure on AEW, WWE, WOW, goals for the future

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Jazmin Allure is a 22-year-old first generation Mexican-American wrestler who, after just three years into the business, has wrestled multiple times on AEW Dark, once on WWE Main Event, and is currently signed to the WOW promotion.

This past weekend, she was signing autographs at The Wrestling Guy store in Huntington Park, California, where I had a sit-down interview with her to discuss her rise in pro wrestling.

Her Start

Allure grew up a wrestling fan, watching it with her older brother. She even recalled attending WWE Smackdown when she was only a toddler. However, throughout the years, she went in and out of being a fan and even stopped watching for a while.

At 17, Allure made the decision to move out of Mexico City, Mexico, where she was living with her parents to pursue an education in the United States. She ended up moving to Austin, Texas, to finish high school and go to college.

By 19, she was in her first year of college when she began questioning if she was happy. Allure spoke about missing her parents, noting that all she was doing was working and going to school, thus leading her to wonder if the sacrifices she was making were worth it.

It was during this time that Allure got back into watching wrestling and it was the Four Horsewomen that inspired her to pursue it as a career.

By mid-2019, Allure made the decision to begin training at AAPW, signing up by using her scholarship money. She began pulling double duty, balancing both college and wrestling school at the same time.

"I fell in love with it the moment I stepped into the ring. Yeah, I would like to say it's like love at first sight," she said.

While her family first thought it may just be a phase, they quickly supported Allure on her new endeavor as they were wrestling fans.

By January 2020, she had three matches before the pandemic hit and put a pause on the world.

Getting a bump from AEW

One of the reasons Allure had a speedy rise in wrestling was due to early career opportunities she got with AEW.

In December 2020, she began appearing on AEW Dark and would go on to wrestle for them 14 times within a two-year timeframe. On Dark, she wrestled matches against Hikaru Shida, Tay Conti, The Bunny, Serena Deeb, Marina Shafir and even against Thunder Rosa on AEW Dynamite.

"I got AEW and I wasn't even a year in. It was during the pandemic where they were starting to use extras so then I got booked a lot," she explained.

Allure pointed out that one of the best things about being in the AEW environment is all the legends who are there to provide assistance and feedback. She specifically mentioned Jerry Lynn and Dustin Rhodes for their help.

"Those two are so incredible. They are so helpful with the talent, and I am so grateful that I have met them," she said.

On top of the early appearances on Dark, Allure really used social media as a tool to promote herself.

"I just tried to get my name out there, tried to work different companies and all that stuff -- engage on social media, post more, especially during Covid time. That was all you could really do is just engage on social media," she said.

WOW Superheroes

Allure is currently signed to Women of Wrestling (WOW) under the name of Jennifer "Jen Z" Florez. She was brought in by AJ Mendez who Allure considers a "mother" to her.

"Growing up, she's one of those people who looked like me, Hispanic. She was smaller than the rest of the girls, so that was very motivational. So for her to bring me into WOW, she's like my mother there. She gives the best advice and I can always message her and be like, 'Hey, what did you think about this match. How did I do?' and she's amazing. When they say never meet your idols because you might be disappointed, with her it was the opposite. She was so nice."

Allure says the best advice Mendez has given to her applies to not just wrestling, but life in general.

"I wanna say the biggest advice she's given me is just (good for) life in general (is that) the energy you put out is the energy you will receive, so always be nice to others," she said. "I think that is what I just apply in everything so that's kinda what I've learned from her."

Regarding WOW, Allure says it's full of supportive women.

"It's amazing. It's another company full of women who are so supportive of each other. The locker room is great as well."

WWE debut

On July 11, 2022, Allure had the opportunity to wrestle Tamina on WWE Main Event -- all those years after attending SmackDown as a toddler.

Allure said she was just thinking it would be extra work and maybe she would play the role of a doctor or some other character.

"Then they came to me, 'Oh, you have a match with Tamina.' And I was like 'Ok, cool.'"

Allure originally thought it would be a three-minute squash. Instead, she was given an eight-minute segment.

"I was just so shocked."

Allure then expressed how nice Tamina and all the women in the locker room were, sharing a sweet story about Becky Lynch.

"I didn't get to tell Becky this, but I wrote her a DM before I started training -- a long DM about how she inspired me and everything and at the end, I wrote that one day, I will wrestle for WWE. So, after my match with Tamina, she came up to me and hugged me and was like 'You did really good.' And I cried. Like, I bawled. And she was like 'Yeah, let it out.' She was so nice and I just could not talk, honestly. I was so overwhelmed with the match itself and then her coming up to me and the girls were so nice."

Allure shared how grateful she was for the opportunity and that it was "the best moment" of her career.

Goals

Allure said her short-term goal is to focus on WOW and prove that she belongs in the ring. She also wants to travel more in the United States.

Her long-term goals are to be signed by another "major company" and to have wrestled in Japan, Australia, Canada, and Europe.

"That's a really big goal for me. Overall, I wanna be everywhere."

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler