Is there any gas left in the tank of Ring of Honor?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Ring of Honor used to be the hot act in wrestling. It was the growing ground for some of the stars of today (Austin Aries, Samoa Joe, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan) and some of the stars of tomorrow (Seth Rollins, Antonio Cesaro, Kassius Ohno and Sami Zayn, the former Tyler Black, Claudio Castagnoli, Chris Hero and El Generico respectively). But what is really left in Ring of Honor right now?

The company used to pride itself on its focus on intense and competitive matches, the best in ring competition on the planet mixed with good booking. But they no longer have that calling card. The best matches in America are held in PWG now, the best entertainment in Chikara and the best mix of booking and in ring competition in DGUSA/Evolve. And with the internet Japan isn't that far away either. What is left for ROH? They have no identity right now. Since they signed with Sinclair they have tried to hard to be WWE lite that they have lost the ability to hold on to talent which instead head to Stamford. And their biggest hot act right now was written off to instead push Matt fricking Hardy (I like the majority of Matt's body of work but he is nowhere near the guy to help carry a main event feud right now if ever). Jay is an okay replacement for Steen but he is very untried as a top guy, and Cole is possibly WWE bound as well.

What does ROH have going for it right now? What can be done to save the company and get it on the right keel again? Or is it time to pull old Yeller behind the barn and put him out of his misery in favor for fresher products and let the circle of life continue?

Discuss.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
RE: Is there any gas in the tank left in Ring of Honor?

Not much at all. I'm pretty much done with them. I'll read the reports until I think they've turned the corner. Right now I can't be bothered with the lazy, nonsensical booking.

PSachkovsky

The Artiste
Reaction score
Is there any gas in left the tank of Ring of Honor?

ROH used to be company where you could find interesting matches, that were intense and long. Also was known for it's perfect booking.

Unfortunately, ever since Jim Cornette came aboard, he kind of harmed ROH more than he helped it. They lost so many talented wrestlers, and they keep losing their star power. Jim Cornette maybe a good businessman, accoring to New Jack, but he still fails when it comes to promoting and booking a wrestling show.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Is there any gas left the tank of Ring of Honor?

Well I doubt. I'll watch the Supercard of Honor tomorrow, see if anything changed and my feelings towards it, so I'm confident that I'll be able to tell you more on Friday or Saturday about this one.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I don't watch, but I've heard from many that Jim Cornette fucked the company up and some of the former talent even said they no longer even recognize it as the company they once performed in. It's pretty funny considering how much time he's spent criticizing Vince Russo's booking for being shitty. (He was a failed booker in mid-90's WWF, too. I do agree with him on a lot of his wrestling opinions, though.)