Is the word "bitch" acceptable in music? (and other swear words)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
NME reports that Kanye West has questioned the use of the word "bitch" in rap lyrics. He posted on Twitter: "I usually never tweet questions but I struggle with this so here goes... Is the word BITCH acceptable?"

He then said that he was asked about using the word in his music and "initially was offended by anyone questioning anything in my music". He added that he will "sometimes go back an omit cursing from my records. I like to use profanity as a tool and not a crutch."

He wrote: "Here's the age old question, would we refer to our mothers as bitches? Would we call our fathers Nopes or better yet smurfs? Perhaps the words BITCH and smurf are now neither positive or negative. They are just potent and it depends on how the[y] are used and by whom?"

Kanye West's Watch the Throne partner Jay-Z recently said he wouldn't use the word anymore after his wife Beyonce gave birth to their first child, Blue Ivy Carter. However, the claims were later denied by his representatives.

I believe in moderation. Simply throwing it (and other cuss words) out there all the time seems like an attempt to shock rather than provoke thought. Use it effectively, and it's a decent tool.

On the other hand, some music needs it. Would "Killing In The Name" be half as effective without "fuck you, I won't do what you tell me"?

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I don't really care if someone uses swear words in a song, If I don't want to hear swear words than I just wouldn't listen to the song.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
the word is over used in Hip-hop and Rap. I get the feeling that they just like to refer to any one that is not a male as a bitch and use it way to much. Other genres use the word bitch but it is not used as bad and a derogatory as the hip-hop/rap genre. Most of the time in the other genres it is describing how they are acting like she is being a bitch. There are other words that are used way to much to but in moderation it gets the point across.

this might be the first time I might some what agree with Kayne on anything ever in the history of the world but using words that is degrading to certain people or races should not be used in my opinion regardless of who or whom or what race says it.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
if it's used with lyrical significance then it's fine but using it just to use it is lame as fuck

Sabretooth

Reaction score
If you throw it in there for the hell of it then no. But if it has a meaning then why not

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Is it just me or is there an echo?