Impact Wrestling Live Discussion Thread - 2/8/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dod Draper

Reaction score
There's some good matches set for next week so I'll be watching.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Thoughts, Thoughts & THOUGHTS

Well the opening tag match was fun, really fun. And makes want to see a rematch. I loved that they had the mini Brawl before the match to really show that hatred between the two team. Then they settled it down and turned it into a traditional tag match which was really enjoyable. I really like how well A Double and King cut the ring in half with double team moves and quick tags, it showed maybe in a few years when "Creative has nothing for them" they could become a great tag team for TNA. Last thing i wanna point out was i love Roode getting cheap shots on Aries whenever he could, just great heel work from him and it showed how much intensity the two have. :y:

The Interim GM, Sting/Storm and Angle promo was fine and was just here to put over is Storm the leader of Ace's & 8's and to build the Storm/Angle match for the main event. I didn't have a problem with it. P.S. James Storm's shirt is pure classy i would totally wear that. Then things get better when Daniels and Kaz make fun or Styles leaving the US.

I didn't pay much attention to Bully/Robbie E. But i guess this was just here to give Bully some points and for him to say he'll be at ringside for the Angle-Storm match tonight too. I wonder if this will be the running theme for tonight.

AHHHHHHH the knockouts division. This was a pretty fun knockouts match until the GENIUS ending, in a storyline, where Brooke Hogan is suppose to straighten things out and ensure there’s fair play in the Knockouts matches, it's okay for Earl is going out and Screwing wrestlers out of matches. What is this Survivor Series '97 every week?

Sting and Brooke Hogan are talking about Hulk Hogan and A & 8. Brooke receives a threat from the stable via a letter. :lmao and things get better when ODB and Eric Young show up and ODB says some shit (As you can see i wasn't paying any attention) and i just caught EY then runs away with one of the belts.

Chavo vs. Kash, what is this 2005 8D, thanks for that line KIF. This was pretty solid 5 minute match, i wasn't a fan of Chavo using some of Eddie's moves. But hey i guess that's his way of paying “ tribute” I should point out Chavo's theme is pretty hilarious, and his entrance with Hernandez looked good they will make a good heel duo in 6 months time.

Dixie Carter's promo was bad, but we already knew it was going to be as soon as we saw her. Then things get kinda better when Kurt Angle is talking to Wes Brisco the son of Gerald Brisco and he asks Angle to put in a word to Hulk Hogan to get him a job in TNA. I guess he didn't want his dad to put in a good work with Vince or HHH 8D Devon and Garett Bischoff then walked into the shot to talk to Brisco. Devon said he’s not letting Aces & Eights tear down this company, so they’re going to be ringside for Angle’s match tonight.

The baby shower segment was so bad that i LOVED it. love how Daniels and Kaz announced this in the beginning of the show, but Claire acts completely surprised when she hears the news. It's like she isn't paying attention to her surroundings while she's acting. The first gift was diapers. Daniels said they just want to support her. The next gift was A.J. Styles action figures, pictures of Daniels and Kaz, and replica title belts. But, wait, the third gift is a really big deal. Kaz pulled out a baby A.J. dressed in a hoodie. Claire nodded along, happy with her gifts. Claire then broke the fourth wall looking into the in-ring camera to send A.J. Styles a message to do the right thing for their baby. Claire shouted and screamed into the camera for A.J. to do the right thing. :lmao this whole thing is fucking hilarious.

Park, Park, & Park :mark:

Storm/Angle match was damn good of a main event, I've got it at *** stars. After the match, Storm and Angle show respect for eachother and everyone looks around for Aces and Eights, Storm picks up a mic. He calls Aces and Eights out, but nothing so he does it for a second time and still nothing. Roode grabs a mic and says this is odd. No Aces and Eights, because he didn't need them tonight, since he beat Angle. Roode says Storm is guilty as charged, but no one wants to listen to him. Bully Ray is in and he and Storm brawl. Aries and Roode are in and they brawl as the show ends. I love how Angle just stands around and doesn't give a shit, What a great guy :Angle:

DashX

Reaction score
Aside from the AJ baby storyline this was another really good Impact. All the matches aside from Kash/Chavo and Bully/Robbie E were great. Did they drop the TV title defense gimmick already?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Aside from the AJ baby storyline this was another really good Impact. All the matches aside from Kash/Chavo and Bully/Robbie E were great. Did they drop the TV title defense gimmick already?

The TV title defense gimmick was dropped at least a month maybe even 2 months ago.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think it was just a month, they used the excuse that it was an Open Fight Night episode, so it wouldn't be defended and Devon's been promising us they'll return every week since, and they never have.