I Literally Cannot Stop Trashing "Indie Guys" - The Braun Strowman Story

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jazz Wolf

Friendship Wolf
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shannonmoore
Would've thought him being canned mid-pandemic and having to be a dreaded indy wrestler would've given him some humility. What an insecure weirdo.

Big beef boi battling can be fun. Gymnastic diving can be fun. Even my least favorite kind of wrestling can be fun under the right circumstances. Wrestling is at it's best when there's multiple styles and approaches to the art, more flavors to the fountain so they say (*). Nine times out of ten I'd rather watch gymnastic dives and whatnot, but that doesn't mean a big beef boi battle is a worthless endeavor that any oversized schmuck can do. Embrace and celebrate the differences instead of being an alienating gatekeeper.

* - They don't say this at all but I couldn't remember how the phrase goes.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
He might have thought he would sound witty but it's just barely better than the shit Ryback posts tbh

Reactions: John McHenry

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
He might have thought he would sound witty but it's just barely better than the shit Ryback posts tbh
I thought the same thing. Like he's been two steps better than ryback since he got fired. He's back so everyones starting to see it.

Reactions: Y2Jayne

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Ali's tweets though :hayden3

#Waddles

- Retired Vet -
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Setting himself up for disaster. Some opinions shouldn't be put on blast for the public to see.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
If people didn't care for flippy guys, then why does CMLL and AAA tend sell arenas out or tend to do well in general?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
During an interview on Corey Graves’ podcast “After The Bell,” Baron Corbin discussed Braun Strowman’s social media comments about “flippy flopper” wrestlers.

Strowman’s comments drew backlash from fans and wrestlers on social media, and they were brought up again this week on SmackDown during a backstage segment with Ricochet.

When asked about Strowman’s tweet, Corbin said that if someone isn’t willing to stand up for what they say, they’re just looking for attention, and claiming to be the best big man when no one else is isn’t valid.

Corbin stated, “I think, yeah, do you but whatever it is, stand behind it [Corbin said about Braun Strowman’s tweets that caused a stir]. If you cower and back down after, then you didn’t really mean it, you were doing it for clout, doing it for show, doing it for social media. I don’t do anything for social media and I also don’t go out and label myself whatever it is.”

“If you’re gonna go out and tweet, ‘I’m the greatest big man this business has ever seen,’ if you’re saying it and you’re the one that’s having to put the title, nobody else is saying it about you, then you’re full of crap and so if you’re gonna go out there and you’re gonna bash little guys, look, I have some respect for guys like Rey Mysterio who have done unbelievable things at his size and his stature and he is iconic and there will be a lot of people that will come along in the future that will get compared to him and wanna be him but there will never be another Rey Mysterio. There is a place for those guys like we talked about. It may not be the main event but there is a place for them so if you’re gonna go out on social media and say those things and the minute people start firing back at you, you back down or you cower away or you try to say it was a joke, that’s when I get irritated. Stand behind what you say, be a man and back it up and also, for me, I’m going out there, for ten years now, I’ve irritated people and not cared how they felt.”

“My job is not to make anybody who watches what I do happy. That is not my job. For right now, Braun, that is his job. His job is to go out, get people excited, he’s on that side of the fence, he’s a ‘good guy’ if you will and so to go out and do that, I don’t understand it but you know, I think that you should take pride in being a big man and putting on a show like that but the minute you have to tell people how good you are and make up your own star rating, I’m out.”

Strowman recently finished up a feud with Omos. Corbin was defeated by Drew McIntyre on RAW due to outside shenanigans by Akira Tozawa, and it appears that a Corbin vs. Tozawa match is on the way.

Locker room leader Corbin.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Corbin on Strowman: “If you’re gonna go out on social media and say those things and the minute people start firing back at you, you back down or you cower away or you try to say it was a joke, that’s when I get irritated. Stand behind what you say, be a man and back it up”

"If you’re gonna go out and tweet, ‘I’m the greatest big man this business has ever seen,’ if you’re saying it and you’re the one that’s having to put the title, nobody else is saying it about you, then you’re full of crap

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
"I think that you should take pride in being a big man and putting on a show like that but the minute you have to tell people how good you are and make up your own star rating, I’m out."

:heston based Corbin

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Corbin may not be everyone's cup of tea between the ropes, but the man understands kayfabe and has a good head on his shoulders.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Look at the former Future :proud

• Haha
Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Look at the former Future :proud
redeem-yourself-dumb-and-dumber.gif

Reactions: Cwalker

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
They should have Ricochet beat him as a punishment and ask him to stop tweeting stupid shit.

Reactions: Alexa