"I did it for The Rock"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

sam542

Reaction score
trailer park trash

any one know what happened to wrestler trailer park trash he did at one time wrestle in ovw in the late 90's

dlr07jc

Reaction score
Re: trailer park trash

I know him. He's a friend of mine here in Louisville, KY.

...god...

Reaction score
Re: trailer park trash

that's what I thought of when I read the thread title.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Okay so most of us here probably remember the storyline from a decade ago where Austin got ran over and it ended up being that Rikishi who ran him over with HHH as the mastermind. Popular consensus from what I've seen is that people think they wasted a possible big push for somebody by having Rikishi being the guy. So how do you think it should have went or do you think they did the right thing?

In my opinion HHH being the guy was the right choice just should just not included Rikishi. Probably should have teased Rock being ran over as well but avoided it and have it just be HHH trying to take out all the top stars ahead of him which led to the match that never happened that should have which is HHH/Rock/Austin triple threat feud.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Well HHH/Austin/Rock was supposed to headline Survivor Series 1999... You should have pointed that out. That was one match that the Attitude Era never got to cash in on. Rewatching HHH's career like I have many times it's disappointing that it never did happen.

As far as Austin being ran over I wish they gave it to an emerging Superstar instead of Rikishi. Where was Rikishi going to go? It did lead him to his only true main event at Armageddon 2000 but he just got to be at the bitter end of an Undertaker stunt. I'm just not sure who in the clustered midcard act that was the Attitude Era could have gained the most from it. Maybe if Hardcore Holly or Val Venis could have altered their character to a main event status like Bradshaw did I could have see one of them being very beneficial of this role.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I was fine with it. Firstly, it was a huge surprise that the driver turned out to be Rikishi of all people, nobody saw that coming. I also appreciated that they were willing to do something new with Rikishi. The guy was over, had a unique look and could go in the ring despite his size. He also had a good look for a heel. With the right booking, he could've been what Mark Henry is now imo. So, in theory, I was all for a Rikishi heel turn and they did it in the biggest way they probably could have (running over Austin). I always liked him and I'm glad they were willing to give him an opportunity in such a large role.

I don't think HHH needed to be the guy at all. He was already getting over as a mega heel and imo he was already the most "sinister" heel of all time just for that few years alone, up until he tore his quad. HHH didn't need to be the guy to run Austin down (didn't they say he masterminded it, anyway?). They took a risk and tried to establish a new heel quickly. Rikishi wasn't a bad choice but it didn't work out for a couple of reasons: They weren't commited enough to him (I think he went on to fued with the Hardyz before being turned face again iirc) and because he had two over, yet relatively up-and-coming heels to compete with in Triple H and Kurt Angle.